User Tag List

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well despite the fact that it is Mothers Day our fridge looked kind of bare so went out for groceries with DH to No Frills. Felt we got a nice variety of healthy foods for $80 so that is good. Then picked up a hanging flower basket for Mothers Day-DD was staying over at my brothers but will be home soon to spend the rest of Mothers Day with me-will also have the 6 month old twins here for a couple of hrs while Mum takes the big boys to swim lessons. The Dad brought the big boys over yesterday afternoon and we disassembled our trampoline and gave it to them to set up in their yard-I am sure they will get lots of use out of it with 4 boys as DD has outgrown it now. It was quite a tough job to take apart and I suggested to the Dad he invite a couple of strong guy friends over for a beer to help him assemble it-takes a lot of brute force.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, May 10th, 2015 at 09:44 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Mother's Day! Heading over to my moms soon. I can't do nothing so already put laundry away and couch blanket in the wash. Will hang it to dry. Cut one of the pork roasts into chops. Not bad at all! $6.03 for the roast and have 3 freezer bags for 3 dinners!!!! Add veggies, salad rice or potatoe and a pretty good cheap dinner! Will wrap the other roast for the freezer for the bbq or slow cooker pulled pork.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Did i miss the show you all saw on Anna Mae's...??
    after hearing so much from family on this show and their meals I was quite disappointed, as was my family.
    To see them focus soley on their pies.. and only show a meal they are highly regarded for... maybe im lost..
    (i was so disappointed i didn't even see any tea towels)
    anyway. busy weekend. spent the day yesterday doing some yard sales.
    then went for breakfast. home for nap (which i didn't get)
    and then dh took me to see 'West side story' at a local school.
    it was nice to spend time with dh.

doing laundry/cleaning this morning. picked up some awesome deals including clothes so washing them now..

later going to dinner with family.

Enjoy your Mother's day ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Just watched the episode - oh, I want to go to Anna Mae's!!!! Often!
    Crochetlady, I saw your towels several times!

We have a Mennonite restaurant here and I've been there several times, but it's gotten rather commercialized, and it sure isn't as 'down home' as Anna Mae's!
    I realize they can`t show a lot in 10 minutes but I was rather disappointed. They are known for their pies but the meals are really good too...as someone said, It`s like mom is in the kitchen. My absolute favourite is potato ham soup with a cheese roll and the little Janes are to die for. I usually go for lunch so you never know what the hot meal choices will be.

I was looking for the towels but didn`t see them. I`ll have to watch it again. Thanks for the link Natalka.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I realize they can`t show a lot in 10 minutes but I was rather disappointed. They are known for their pies but the meals are really good too...as someone said, It`s like mom is in the kitchen. My absolute favourite is potato ham soup with a cheese roll and the little Janes are to die for. I usually go for lunch so you never know what the hot meal choices will be.

I was looking for the towels but didn`t see them. I`ll have to watch it again. Thanks for the link Natalka.
    Thats my favorite soup to, I love the buns too. We always bring the baked good home.
    Natalka: Thanks for the link, we don't have cable anymore.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Watched it again and I did see my towels. Didn`t look at the background before. The blond lady who advised eating pie first was a good customer of mine. She bought quite a few ruffled baby afghans,

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Up so early to bring son #5 to the airport - he's headed to the science nationals in NB. He has an awesome group traveling with him and is in good hands. He'll make quite some memories I'm sure. We're happy for him as he has worked his little tail off for a year on this project

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner is roast pork on the BBQ. I am cooking boys are helping. DH is training for a big race so right now that takes priority. The boys are actually getting along playing a game on the Wii
    Bobbiegirl: that garden is going to be awesome and the money you will save will make it worth the effort.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sun, May 10th, 2015 at 04:16 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My honey just went to get Chinese for dinner. We ordered after DS's game but it was an hour wait. Which worked out great because I wanted to clean the family room and I'm sure after eating I may have lost my energy. So we came home and power cleaned and he went back for dinner . Have the dogs pillow in the washer so the room will be completely clean . So happy it's done
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, May 10th, 2015 at 07:17 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yeah had an awesome bbq at my son's homemade burgers ,cesar salad , macaroni salad and I brought cupcakes and lemon pie-yes had to buy them at fortinos was 12.40 for them both but got 2,400 points
    -my son/wife gave me cut flowers and swiss chalet gift card -ashlyn gave me an ornament silver with etched flowers saying "life is sweeter cause you are my nana"
    -my daughter gave me body shop oil and shower gel,vanilla perfume,eos ,eyeshadow an a lint bar -she knows I love my chocolate(yes my daughter came down from Toronto at 3.00 and left at 7.00just to see me for mother's day and ashlyn too
    such a nice day with both my kids and daughter-n-law and her parents

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl sounds like a great day indeed my friend
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

Dh was supposed leave today but I just had a feeling he wouldn't by his slow motion behaviour...sigh....oh well.

FIL & dh are supposed to leave tomorrow but we'll see as is feeling off .

I had 2 pickups today so $55 richer and another 2 planned for tomorrow have a feeling 1 won't show as she has been giving me the run around, the joys of selling items sometimes drives me bonkers.

I'm really needing some alone time so fingers crossed dh & FIL actually leave tomorrow.

My mom is in the hospital with water on her lungs again, same as the last time but no heart attack so far. I feel bad for her but she doesn't listen to doctor's orders, she behaves for about a month or so then goes back to her old ways. She was all upset as the (my parents) were supposed to leave for the west coast tomorrow until the end of August. She says she will be leaving once she gets out of the hospital. As they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink .

Wishing everyone a wonderful sleep
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

jasper you are doing great with the pick-up sales way to go

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

To all you AMAZING Moms here!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Just checking the credit card totals this evening and noticed a $111 charge for SDM by DH. No Optimum, no points, and no BP whatsoever. Sigh. I can only hope he bought stamps, but I bought him 10 books at the beginning of the month. Deep sigh.... It's lost on DH, but I know you ladies would understand.

Happy mother's day, everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm just going to take a quick minute to post in here, then I need a bath and off to bed.

I've been working hard to get organized with my new full-time teaching contract. I have figured out timelines and deadlines for all of my English classes until the end of the year. I still have lots of material to read and other things to mark.

This weekend I got LO's new bedroom closet ready. We also moved his dresser and clothes into the room. I need to sort his smaller clothes and get them back out to the shed, one problem is that I don't have enough boxes or bins. We bought a second dresser for the twins for $20 at a garage sale, it's not in the best condition but it is 4 drawers tall and will work. I can always sell it if we get a better one.

I baked 2.5 dozen molasses oatmeal chocolate chip cookies this evening. I baked 1 dozen drop biscuits to go with the finn & hatti for supper. Still need to do more meal planning for the week. I was just doing reminder phone calls and that's when we discovered that the person who usually hosts our meetings in her basement is not available tomorrow night. She got booked in for carpel tunnel surgery on her other wrist, so now the meeting is being held at our house tomorrow night. I have two meetings after work tomorrow and dh has meetings 3 nights in a row this week.

edit: LO helped dh dry the dishes, then put them in the dish rack. Then I started the cookies, so LO stood on a chair next to me and helped measure everything. It was the first time that I have done this and he had a blast. When he had a cookie later in the evening I reminded him that he helped me measure the ingredients, then he kept talking about how he measured. It was cute.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, May 11th, 2015 at 09:14 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information