Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @thriftygranny any news re appointment for your heart
    I have a CT scan on June 8th and I see the vascular surgeon on June 19th. It is getting closer but it seems like forever since I was diagnosed with the clot in my artery. Just trying to keep busy and be positive.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is pasta. Homemade sauce with free pasta (sale/coupon) .44 bread pulled from the freezer to make the best garlic bread ever! Cheap cheap dinner and leftovers for tomorrow's work lunch!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Suppose to have a $130.00 pick up tonight! Best part items were left when I bought house so free money Will post later with pic of item. I think I'm selling too low but oh well. If they even show.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I have a CT scan on June 8th and I see the vascular surgeon on June 19th. It is getting closer but it seems like forever since I was diagnosed with the clot in my artery. Just trying to keep busy and be positive.
    Keeping busy certainly will pass the time
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I spent hour this afternoon taking pictures and posting items for sale, I have 1 bundle sold, I will drop off next week while in town .

I have 1 pickup for tomorrow, 1 Wednesday and 1 Thursday .

I am confident that we will have enough funds for the spray foam kit for this fall . All extra $ will be going for electrician to finish some work in the basement so we can start the powder room this coming winter and then purchase toilet to match upstairs toilet and sink.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Frugal dinner tonight after all the decadence yesterday! Weiners from Co-op - 1kg was $4, but I'll only use 1/2 the package, and one onion, and Sobey's awesome bakery bread was on for $1 yesterday (not in flyer, husband just picked up three) - so supper for about $3, plus leftover soup and salad.

It's just so lovely having flowers in the house - I want to move them to wherever I am! The arrangement is so nice, different on all sides - the roses and carns smell awesome!

Does anyone know what the little pink flowers are?

Name:  MomsDayFlowers2015.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  91.5 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, May 11th, 2015 at 06:20 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka beautiful flowers and I would want to move them around the house to follow me as well.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Dinner tomorrow will be hamburgers using the reduced ground beef found last week, 1/2 package $3 and .50 for 1/2 package of hamburger buns which were on clearance = 8 burgers w/ buns = $3.50

I need to start planning my meals for the cottage as we will be there this weekend, kind of anxious but always hate the clean up as we don't have running water and need to heat water for dishes cleanups but I will get the boys to wash & dry

I spoke with my mom today and she is waiting to speak with her cardiologist who will decide if they will try and remove the 2 blockages which have been present since the last time in the hospital. They recommended medication the last time and sent her home but now are concerned that the pills are not doing there job and the risk for this surgery is not very good, so she hopes to speak with him tomorrow but time will tell.

My plans for tomorrow are to scrub the floors (lol) they need a deep clean, going to use my steam mop which works wonders and do preliminary budget figures

Off to take pictures of the last clothes bundle and post and then I'm all caught up

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh boy, I'm trying to get caught up! My cousin and her husband have both had their mothers pass away in the past month. They first asked me to do a memorial "committal" service for the husband's mother last Saturday only to have my cousin's mum pass away on Thursday. It's been a very emotional Mother's Day weekend! I had 2 weddings at the beginning of last week. I got news also that my uncle had passed away in England and his funeral was last Tuesday. Enough, already!
    I got both Canadian Income Taxes in (Finally) and the US Taxes. Now I really feel like I can get caught up with all the rest of the messes around the house!
    We have planned our first "away from home" trip up to see our friend Lynn49 up in Sudbury just after the long weekend. It includes my taking a second sleep study in London on the way home. I'm excited to see her and also to return to Sudbury where I lived for a short time in 1975. (I've never been back.)
    DH has been fairly well but has had a few setbacks from time to time. We have to figure out a diet which he'll be happy with that does not bring on gastric issues.
    I was invited to Colorado for a baby shower for DH's daughter this weekend. Nice thought, but I won't be going. We want to head there in August. We saw the MOST AMAZING ultra sound of our new little one - It was amazing how clear it was. She's due to arrive on July 7 at 10:30 am!
    On the back of the invitation there is a request:
    One request - that shouldn't be hard,
    Please buy a book - instead of a card! - I thought that was great.
    I've bought some outfits when they were on clearance at Carter's etc. So I think I'll put together a little package and send it off with a little kid's book.
    I am getting tired. I woke up at 4:30 am with a migraine this morning and couldn't get back to sleep but then went back to bed about 7:30 and managed to get back to sleep.
    Not the best arrangement.
    Hopefully I can get quickly to sleep tonight.
    Oh - we were under a Severe Thunderstorm WARNING and a Tornado WATCH earlier this evening so we set up camp in the basement with the dogs. Luckily just a lot of rain - no hail - high winds that blew a little robin out of it's nest (BOO HOO)!
    Good night folks - I have several pages to catch up with.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-off to babysit -wow "ashlyn" sure loves being outdoors(papa took her to the playround by himself yesterday )

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@jasperandchar and @thriftygranny: Thank you, those were my thoughts too, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overreacting. This time, DH cleaned, so I didn't get to see any mess. I think he only cleaned with water so as not to put the mouse off. I'll clean afterwards with the bleach solution when he's caught. I don't think there's any mouse news today.

@thriftygranny: Good luck with your appointments. I hope it's all good news from here.

@Natalka: Beautiful arrangement! I think the small pink flowers are waxflowers. Do they have a fragrance?

@avoncallingu: Oh what a rough month you've had. I'm sorry for all the sad news. Poor little robin too.

Congratulations on the taxes and say hello to Lynn49 for us! I'm glad to hear that DH has been doing well and that's very exciting news about the new addition to your family. She'll have a ruby birthstone; the same as our little one.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Tue, May 12th, 2015 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Spacing

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu granted all that has happened you still have a wonderful and upbeat attitude, how precise to have an exact time with an ultrasound....geez...lol. Enjoy your visit and I think a change of scenery is just what you and your dh need (hugs)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm having 1 of those days where I am to throwing my arms in the air, dropping f bombs left and right and I am patiently waiting for my last pickup today to have a good cry.

For all those of you that can relate, what's the point of doing a budget together when only 1 person follows through. I bust my balls (excuse the expression) to roll with the punches and never ask for anything BUT after going online I am going to become a little more selfish (well selfish is not the word I'm wanting to use as it's not selfish behaviour just can't think of another word) even if it means taking a certain amount each month to prove a point if nothing else.

DH & I share our money it really has never been an issue, however, since dh has been home since March 2014 I am really starting to get irritated with wants vs. needs and getting ahead of this financial rat race . Wants are wants and nothing else - end of story.

Since dh left yesterday am $328 has been charged to my cc (yes I said to use the cc to accumulate points) but what the hell, granted some is gas, he left with groceries from home but seriously what the hell is going on. This is more than 1/2 of what I allocate for groceries in a given month, so bummed out of course this amount was not in the budget figures for May and I'm sure as hell not taking a float from June's budget. So looks we will have to cut back on something else but (hair pulling) what??? I'm thinking his birthday (lol) but seriously as we already cut out our anniversary.

I have always made more than dh, significantly more and I generally don't care but unless there was a crisis I honestly cannot imagine how this is even possible. He will of course explain and justify and then become defensive as always but truly I'm just tired of this type of lack of respect form my share of the $.

Sorry to rant and I have no intensions of dividing our incomes into his & hers because dh couldn't pay his fair share, I'm not trying to mean or offend anyone I'm just besides myself and fed up, thinking some equal frivolous behaviour on my end is needed to make a point which of course is not in the budget.

thanks for listening

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Totally understand Jasperandchar. Vent here!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Oh can someone tag Avon this message. when are you coming to london for sleep study??

oh my Nancy. sounds like its time for a good long talk with dh when he gets back.
    i really wish i could post and sell what i make. need to have a working memory card for that.
    think im going to call the store and see if they need the receipt.

anyway. im supposed to be off renewing my health card. but its so windy im afraid of blowing away.

tomorrow im off to Hobby lobby with a friend. first time in the states. with no dh..
    any suggestions.

finally got an MRI booked to see what stage my back is in. thankfully its at a decent hour. my last one was at 3am in the morning.

anyway. off to do something.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information