User Tag List

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Granger - all families are different, they just try to do their best, depending upon their circumstances! It sounds like you are doing amazingly well with yours!

MrsSunshine, that was awful treatment of your dad - hope they can get things moving for him so he gets well quickly.
    I'll be thinking of you today regarding your test - wishing you all the best!

Hoping everyone has a good day today!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just wanted to wish you all a good day today.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    @Sweetsparrow Life is hectic when you have kids esp little ones. Hang in there! I promise it does get easier as they get older and more independent
    Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I am constantly saying to my DH, how do other people do this!!!??? I guess, the same way we are. I have not watched TV in over a week, because I chose to clean instead. The people who want a clean house are probably thinking, how is her house clean, meanwhile, I am drooling over the fact that they watched a movie with their hubs. We all balance the scales in a way that works for us.
    I am feeling a bit inept. I can barely boil water with LO right now and I think of the people with two children, three children, single parents, parents of children with disabilities, and think, how do they do it?! With DH working so far, I feel like I'm a single parent except for the hours of 7:30 - 8:30, when DH helps feed, change, and dress LO.

LO is undergoing an extreme personality change. I don't know if she's teething, sick, or just going through a lot. I thought I spotted a molar coming out on the 18th and have had a cranky, cranky baby ever since. The neighbours must think I'm torturing her. Diaper changes have become an ordeal. I practically have to drag her to the potty to get the diaper off before she gets a rash. She's completely opposed to me changing her, rolling, kicking, fighting, and wriggling with all her might to get off the change pad. It takes all my strength just to try to hold her so I can change one diaper. Sitting on the potty is not happening and she's not eating. Two small bites of noodle and she's pushing her food away. She's rejecting everything she used to eat, throwing her food on the floor, and throwing tantrums if you tell her she can't have something this instant. She still eats her fruit here and there, but her appetite is less than half of what it used to be. If she doesn't start eating soon, her weight will come down.

I'm exhausted. If it's teeth she's getting that's making her this cranky, getting teeth must be a horrible, horrible process. All this, and I only have one LO. How do people have more than one?

I'm guessing if I asked another parent, the answer would be the same. You get through it because you have to. There's no one else to make the food, change the diapers, do the laundry. There's no prize, but tomorrow, LO will get out the door with clean clothes (relatively), a full lunch bag, and no diaper rash. It doesn't change the fact that I still need a nap. (Yawn!) Where's my little angel baby gone and who is this tantrum throwing, teething toddler?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks for the prayers everyone. they are letting his body do the work, continuing anti's. then we'll see how he's doing in a few days.
    Hopefully he behaves himself once he's home and appreciates it more.

Granger.. we all have to balance our home, work, tv life. i WISH i could concentrate long enough to get my house cleaned fully. enjoy that. lots of time when its done to have some tv time with the hubby.
    ours is saturday or sunday nights for about an hour. all of my tv time waits til then. its not fair to watch shows and then know what happened and 'pretend' while watching with him. i get the news every night and blue bloods at 8(re runs) and again friday at 10(new show).

Sweet Sparrow.. ohh babies.. how i remember those days.... thankfully babies never starve.. just remember when your in pain, you want nothing to do with food. within a few days your body says ok... i need something.. she's got lots stored in that tiny body to salvage before it becomes an issue..
    i used to literally change my youngest while he was standing. that including cleaning. became good at it. i would count to ten and have to be done or he was off... may want to try if she can stand... they are so busy playing that dont' realize what your doing..
    i used to tell him to lift his leg.. he had no idea..
    summers were easier. could run around with next nothing on.
    soon this stage will be over and you'll be on to the next..

anyone want a kid that works at 7 am and then is home at 2 am the next... oh man its tiring. i'll throw the other one in for free..

anyway. off for now.. need to work on some things here.. before my MRI tonite..
    tomorrow im going back to see dad.
    we'll update when i can.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@MrsSunshine praying for your family and speedy recovery for your dad, good luck with your MRI
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain hope you are having a great time
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, May 26th, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley take some quiet time for yourself
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, May 26th, 2015 at 10:23 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

wishing everyone a great day!!!
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, May 26th, 2015 at 10:27 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger it does get better in time, balance is everything, you do need to take some me time even if that means watching a show and doing a few things on commercials which supringly are quite long (lol). @sweet sparrow she will eat when she is hungry or feels better, perhaps more snacking vs. large meals, hugs

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

What a gorgeous morning, I have a full clothes lines, even put small stuff on the top of line .

Dinner tonight is pork chops with rice and side salad.

Need to get creative with meal planning as I won't be able to increase my grocery budget for June...sigh..ran some figures and well very disappointed oh well life goes on.

My main goals for June are to stay out of the stores and continue on with $5 suppers.

Dh went back to bed at 7am and is still sleeping, he's quite tired so it gives me some alone time.

I have 1 pick up today $60 and 2 drop offs tomorrow $55 which will go into our renovation account .

We picked up a wood coffee at the side of the road, I am testing to see if I like it better than our huge ottoman. Everytime the kids vaccum they need to wrestle with the ottoman the stupid wheels scratch my floors (thought about changing the wheels but never have gotten around to it) but I'm not convinced I want to make a permanent change, if we decide to stay with the ottoman I will post the coffee table for sale

Well off to enjoy my quiet time, wishing everyone a fantastic day

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @sweet sparrow she will eat when she is hungry or feels better, perhaps more snacking vs. large meals, hugs
    I hear that's true, but it's been more than a week now. LO hasn't taken in any carbs, no meat, no vegetables, all day, every day. She's not eating oatmeal, bread, rice, or pasta (maybe one or two bites at most, then no more). I didn't think teething would last this long. She still drinks her milk, and eats yogurt and nibbles some fruit. She must be hungry after a week!

Her crying fits are just wild. I just want to hold her until she calms down and restrain her so she doesn't throw herself into something (off the bed, down the stairs, etc.). I wonder if there could be something that should be looked at by a doctor sometimes, or would he just say this is normal.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow as they say "Mother knows best" have her checked out, it could be something simple or not, make an appointment and if things change you could always cancel, good luck,hun

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hey all just wondering if anyone has heard if the UCCB for childer over 6 is officially in place, I logged into CRA a few minutes ago and its says Note
    Subject to parliamentary approval, the July 2015 UCCB payment will include the enhanced payments for January to June 2015.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/uccb/

thanks

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I hear that's true, but it's been more than a week now. LO hasn't taken in any carbs, no meat, no vegetables, all day, every day. She's not eating oatmeal, bread, rice, or pasta (maybe one or two bites at most, then no more). I didn't think teething would last this long. She still drinks her milk, and eats yogurt and nibbles some fruit. She must be hungry after a week!

Her crying fits are just wild. I just want to hold her until she calms down and restrain her so she doesn't throw herself into something (off the bed, down the stairs, etc.). I wonder if there could be something that should be looked at by a doctor sometimes, or would he just say this is normal.
    I would have your little one checked out by a doctor. Perhaps she has an ear infection - that can make them super cranky.....I've had a few of those in past decades...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Lean ground pork! 1.99LB starting Friday at Metro! I will be pulling some from the freezer from last sale to make burgers over the weekend but will make sure to stop there next Wednesday to stock us up

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information