User Tag List

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Dh is gone for the weekend so it's the boys and Charlotte and I. Chester the golden retriever has gone with dh which is fine as he loves the outdoors eventhough we live in the bush, he loves going to the moose camp and cottage.

Today is a PA day so kiddos are home so supper tonight is low key, frozen pizza for the guys and macaroni casserole for me, I will eat the casserole over the next few days as I love it and dh doesn't like cheese in it so I will be putting lots of cheese .

I have a clothelines full of dark clothes taking advantage of the beautiful weather so will fold this evening while watching tv.

Someone posted on a local fb page a free queen size box spring, really hoping we get it as I was prepared to purchase 1 second hand for $20 for the cottage so hopefully I will get for free

Wishing everyone a fantastic day & weekend.

I have made my running grocery list pretty pleased that we actually don't need anything urgently so will hold off until next week and see which week I will shop either current flyer or the following weeks.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Thanks everyone for encouraging me that I'm not imagining things or overreacting. I'm so relieved that it's not serious. Every time I'm in the doctor's waiting room for a known issue, I'm thankful that it's not serious.

For all the other busy parents who are trying to get the washing, cooking, cleaning, and shopping done, I'm attaching this photo of another busy mom :

Name:  1085.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  130.5 KB
    Natalka, ROMEO, JadeAngel and 9 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Thanks everyone for encouraging me that I'm not imagining things or overreacting. I'm so relieved that it's not serious. Every time I'm in the doctor's waiting room for a known issue, I'm thankful that it's not serious.

For all the other busy parents who are trying to get the washing, cooking, cleaning, and shopping done, I'm attaching this photo of another busy mom :

Name:  1085.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  130.5 KB
    beautiful shot and 19 babies
    Natalka, ROMEO, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ah CUTE PIC!! I'm glad I don't have 19 babies lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Needed hamburg buns for tonight's dinner. Brought Ipad to PM the 12pk on sale at No Frills. Found them on the clearance rack with expiry date for Tuesday (they will be long gone!) So bought a pack of the hamburg buns for tonight and leftovers tomorrow and hotdogs for DS and friends over the weekend Paid $2.80 for both packs and received 400 PC PTS ) Sweet!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have read all posts and caught up. I just wanted to wish you all a good weekend.
    Natalka, ROMEO, lilo0003 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well despite still feeling unwell I dragged myself off to collect and organize the dry cleaned band uniforms at my DD's school and then got groceries on the way home-bought one splurge item of PC frozen toffee cheesecake lollipops that I heard were good-anyway the best part is they overcharged me so I got them for free! I love SCOP-and they were deliciously decadent. Having been out all morning I think the rest of the day will be rest and recovery from this darn cold-supper will be leftover Chinese food from last night DD's bday dinner or anything else anyone wants to grab. Have a great weekend all.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Mmmmmn Chinese. Thanks for inspiration. Sounds like the perfect Fri night treat for a pregnant person who has been behaving herself. 😜
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did a quick run toWal-Mart on my lunch & picked up the Celebration cookies on sale for 1.98. Sohappy to find a deal before the coupons expires. I bought 10 & the March2016 expiry is irrelevant as they won’t make it that long.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-tiring week watching "ashlyn" -hubby took her to the playground all by himself today for 40 minutes -I did 3 loads of laundry for my daughter-in-law (figured i would help her out a bit )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sorry I haven't been posting much on SC. I just finished the month of May, after teaching ELA full-time to a bunch of high school students. I'm pretty exhausted every night. I hit 28wks on Wednesday, so I'm now officially in the 3rd trimester. Tomorrow is our large garage and bake sale fundraiser. Dh and I are both looking forward to it and the room that it will create in our shed. Tomorrow night is a friend's birthday BBQ. She requested that I make my baked cheese loaf. I picked up the French bread today, which was the only ingredient that I didn't have in the house and it is always better fresh.

I have my next ultrasound and OBGYN appointment in Saskatoon on June 19. My mom plans on taking the bus down earlier in the week to visit and help out, then she will catch a ride back to Saskatoon with me. I'll stay at their place for a night or two when I'm up for my appointments.

I decorated LO's new bedroom with wall stickers. He has the alphabet with matching animals as a boarder at my shoulder height. He helped put numbers and extra letters wherever he wanted in the room. There is still some stuff that is in his room that needs to be moved out (the second crib, and the freezer). He calls it his bed, knows that's where his clothes are, etc. but he definitely does not want to sleep in his new bed at night. He has occasionally taken a nap in his new bedroom, but that's it. Suggestions please?

I need to head to bed because I'll probably be up with LO at 7am, then we are setting up the fundraiser at 8am. *shrug* I'm exhausted and feel like this a lot lately.
    Goodnight.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hang in there @Angela273! I was up to midnight last night doing course work after a week long of teaching. DH let me sleep in a bit today, but is off at a church event this morning. Lots of "single" parenting and tagging off going right now. I am taking one day at a time! I am sure you are too!

I have since had the realization that although I am a month further along than you we could have our babies at similar times, perhaps you first! My appointments are now every other week with the midwives. This means an extra day off work for the last few weeks of school. Plus, I saved a personal day and there are two PA days (still have to work, but can sit more).

Of the four weeks left: next week is 3 working days (I did not include the work from home PA day for assessment and reporting because I can sit on my couch and mark), 2nd is 4 working days, 3rd is 4 working days (one is a field trip), 4th is 5 working days (one is a field trip, one is a PA day at school). We can do this!

I finished my HUGE report last night and a weekly assignment for the course. The weekly assignment was submitted but I need to look over the major assignment again before submitting. 1 week left of that!!!

Today: keep two preschoolers from throttling one another, clean, birthday party, course work, marking.
    Tomorrow: bridal shower in the morning (have to miss church but DH will take girls with him to church/work), afternoon swimming lessons, relax maybe I will watch some TV haven't in two weeks!!!

BTW my Chinese food and Coke were delicious!!!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 6 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-there are a few options I can think of to get your son in his new bed

-pair it with something special-for eg a new toy or stuffie that lives only in that bed
    -if he still wants to be in the crib in the new room and you don't mind why not let him do that for awhile-many twins share a crib for the first few months anyway
    -if you really want him in that room, in that bed now then take the crib down in the other room for now and there is only one place for him to sleep

You know your son best and what might work for him. Other Mums may have some other ideas. Good luck.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Caturday! Hope everyone has a great day!

It's really cool here, so no outside stuff today.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good day all,

Mix between cloudy and super sunny , chance of rain but decided to risk it and have 2 loads hanging on the line.

Finally dug out the summer clothes bin , washed and on the line.

Since I have no propane I will be cooking the steak in the Panini, etc grill which me luck it breaks my heart to do such a thing but I don't have many options given what in the freezer and no propane, I'll report back really hoping it turns out better than expected.

I am slowly adding to my running grocery list, Independent has quite a few items on cheap this week so we'll see, may just pick up those items and wait until the next flyer but time will tell.

We are supposed to go to the cottage next weekend so I will need to prep food as I only have a coleman stove and bbq at my disposal as the stove we were given needs a checkup before I use and well that's not in June's budget so we'll make do.

Dh want's to saw up wood this week with the sawmill so that we can start the stairs, yep so stairs it's like little house on the prairies (loved that show). it will be nice and much safer with stairs so that is our 1st goal for the cottage this summer and then Charlotte and Chester can sleep with us .

After pulling out the summer clothes bin it is obvious that I need to start dieting again as the clothes I put in bins were to fit this summer after losing another 15 pounds or so which I haven't done so I will start watching what I eat again to ensure that I lose atleast 7 pounds before the Family reunion which is July 4th . I won't be naked no fear of that as I have been collecting summer clothes from the re-use it centre that currently fits but I will admit I have a belly which is caused by all that choc. we purchased at SDM a month or so on clearance but mainly because I couldn't leave them alone....I never liked sweets but since I have started pre-menopause I have acquired a rather sweet tooth....geez...which led to the belly and the clothes not fitting and of course my preference to eat choc. vs. not .

Wishing everyone a great day

Question of the Day???

What are you stocking up on this week re: sales/flyers/bargains, etc???

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information