User Tag List

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree555Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart: Food and Snacks VS Candy and Snacks - what items qualify???

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    Did you have the "snacks and candy" offer or "food and snacks" offer?

The chips would qualify as a "snack", but not the rest. The rest would be "food". If you look at the beginning of this thread, the items that qualify as "snacks and candy" are the ones in the green list.
    7 it was candy and snacks
    Thanks maple
    maple7 and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Food- Milk 2 Go, PC Popcorn, Skittles
    Candy- Nutri Grain
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Fri, Feb 19th, 2016 at 11:54 PM.
    Ciel, Anna Michele, maple7 and 1 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to get points for buying instant coffee and hot chocolate with the snacks and candy coupon anyone know if this still counts for snacks and candy? Also some people get cereal with this coupon does this still work and does it have to be a certain kink of cereal?
    Ciel, maple7 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Gatorade counts as food and snacks
    Ciel, Anna Michele and maple7 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Individual Clif protein bars DID NOT go through as food and snack. Requested the missing points and received them. They also carry boxes of clif bars (usually shelved with the granola bars) but I didn't try them. I've had no problem with the boxes of Vector energy bars in the past. I'm expecting this is a glitch/forgotten item in their system.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I spoke to a CSR and asked whether Boost or Ensure qualifies under the Food and Snacks spend $10 get 3000 points coupon but it does not. It does however qualify under the vitamins coupon i.e. spend $30 get 8000 points.
    Silk, maple7 and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Phoned customer service - I did a $40 shop and thought I could get 3000 pts for food and snack (spend $10) and 3000 pts for food and snacks (spend $10). I was told only one or the other coupon but not both. He didn't ask for my SDM # or name. I purposely shopped to get both offers. Anybody else have this happen to them?
    Silk likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Anyone know if Easter Candy would fall under candy/snacks? I think I remember someone posting that it didn't because it was seasonal, but I can't find the post.
    ROMEO and Silk like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    Phoned customer service - I did a $40 shop and thought I could get 3000 pts for food and snack (spend $10) and 3000 pts for food and snacks (spend $10). I was told only one or the other coupon but not both. He didn't ask for my SDM # or name. I purposely shopped to get both offers. Anybody else have this happen to them?
    If you did separate qualifying transactions, then you should have gotten both. If you did it as one shop, only one of those codes would apply - the offers read $10 or more so a $40 shop only counts for one of the codes. But if it was 2, call back and speak with another rep - get his/her name, record the time of the call etc. CS told me they've been having problems with these food/snack promos.

If they didn't take your card #, they didn't look at your account. If you told them it was only 1 transaction, that's probably why.

Silk
    ROMEO likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I got this info from an Optimum rep who said they received a clarification on what qualifies for which promotion:

The same items qualify for either promotion with the exception of beverages. Some beverages qualify under Food & Snacks. But NO beverages qualify under Snacks & Candy.

(Sorry - I don’t know which beverages qualify for food & snack. If you have info on this, please post )

If you do these promotions often, I suggest you call and check for yourself and then ask the rep to put it on your file - then record for yourself the name of the rep and date & time of the call for future reference.

Hopefully, everyone gets the same response!

(I also posted this in the SDM forum.)

Thor - I hope this makes life easier for you Thanks again for starting this great thread!

Silk
    Abby1 and silvana711 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Anyone know if Easter Candy would fall under candy/snacks? I think I remember someone posting that it didn't because it was seasonal, but I can't find the post.
    I have bought Christmas candy for both the food & snacks promo and the snacks & candy promo and got my points in both cases

Silk
    silvana711 and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I got this info from an Optimum rep who said they received a clarification on what qualifies for which promotion:

The same items qualify for either promotion with the exception of beverages. Silk
    Would this mean that something like eggs, for example, would qualify under candy and snacks?
    Silk, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by silvana711 View Post
    Would this mean that something like eggs, for example, would qualify under candy and snacks?
    Yes, according to what I was told. As I suggested, you can call Optimum to confirm - and ask the rep to note it in your file. Someone posted in the other thread that she bought a shrimp ring and got the candy and snack points

If you don't get the points, don't assume it doesn't work for eggs. I bought eggs 2-3 times under food and snacks and didn't get the points. When I called I was told it was a glitch with these promotions and the points were added.

Silk

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

In my experience eggs would fall u derived food and snacks not candy and snacks

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    silvana711 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    In my experience eggs would fall u derived food and snacks not candy and snacks

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Have you tried buying it under candy and snacks?

Here's the other thread:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/414587-...-candy-canada/

Silk
    silvana711 and Davetherave like this.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information