User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree555Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart: Food and Snacks VS Candy and Snacks - what items qualify???

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Does sport drink count to food and snack?
    Ciel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Re:Does sport drink count to food and snack?
    Depends on where it is located in the store. If it is found near the food aisles then yes. Nutritional, medical or some other area then no.
    Ciel, Anna Michele, dededi and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does Danone yogurt cups count under candy & snacks?
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

do the chips HAVE to be PC brand? i really dont care for them...
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just added Danone Danino yogurt drinks and PC crackers.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    do the chips HAVE to be PC brand? i really dont care for them...
    I haven't purchased chips with this promo but I don't think the brand would matter.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Rehashing the food vs candy/snack eligible items. I read back a few pages and according to @Silk , all items would fall under both categories with the exception of beverages. Since this was posted 6 months ago, I was wondering if this still holds true, i.e. can I buy milk and still get points using the candy/snack offer?
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I got this info from an Optimum rep who said they received a clarification on what qualifies for which promotion:

The same items qualify for either promotion with the exception of beverages. Some beverages qualify under Food & Snacks. But NO beverages qualify under Snacks & Candy.

(Sorry - I don’t know which beverages qualify for food & snack. If you have info on this, please post )

If you do these promotions often, I suggest you call and check for yourself and then ask the rep to put it on your file - then record for yourself the name of the rep and date & time of the call for future reference.

Hopefully, everyone gets the same response!

(I also posted this in the SDM forum.)

Thor - I hope this makes life easier for you Thanks again for starting this great thread!

Silk
    Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Rehashing the food vs candy/snack eligible items. I read back a few pages and according to @Silk, all items would fall under both categories with the exception of beverages. Since this was posted 6 months ago, I was wondering if this still holds true, i.e. can I buy milk and still get points using the candy/snack offer?

Milk is a beverage so I would think it never qualified under the candy/snack offer. Please re-read my post on this. I wrote: But NO beverages qualify under Snacks & Candy.

Just fyi, I have since confirmed this clarification (that I wrote in the original post about this, pasted above) with 2 other Optimum CS reps.

Also, here in Quebec, milk is very iffy as to what offers it qualifies for because the cost of milk is gov regulated here. I don't drink or buy milk but that's what I've been told This may be the case in other provinces also.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Sep 28th, 2016 at 05:19 PM.
    barbis9, Super Mel, d.ot and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

^^Thanks, I don't drink coffee without milk and I am all outta milk, and my head is clearly not processing information. Somehow I didn't consider milk a beverage lol
    Silk, barbis9 and dededi like this.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Re: food working for the candy/snacks offer (except for beverages) - I thought I would mention that i had a 3K wus $10 on candy and snacks offer and picked up $9 worth of Stouffers entrees (using FPCs that i got from the PINs) and about $2 worth snacks. Got the points at checkout, no problem.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Oct 30th, 2016 at 03:10 AM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Ok, I am confused. I have the buy $20 food and snack get 4000 points. I also have 10 times points on ang Coke product. The last time I had this offer (maybe April?) I did not get the points, and I telephone when I got home only to be told that Coke is not a food or snack. Has this changed? And if Coke is ok, do I get both offers or only one? I find that the cashiers do not really understand the offers, and the phone support can be abrupt (read rude). Any help would be appricatied.
    Silk, barbis9 and dededi like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    Ok, I am confused. I have the buy $20 food and snack get 4000 points. I also have 10 times points on ang Coke product. The last time I had this offer (maybe April?) I did not get the points, and I telephone when I got home only to be told that Coke is not a food or snack. Has this changed? And if Coke is ok, do I get both offers or only one? I find that the cashiers do not really understand the offers, and the phone support can be abrupt (read rude). Any help would be appricatied.
    Hey, Olivercat.

I don’t have any experience with buying soft drinks with the Optimum offers but at the beginning of this thread many people reported getting their points when buying soft drinks in the food and snacks category. It wouldn’t work for candy and snacks. Yes, i do think you would be able to get the 10x the points along with the food and snacks offer - I hope someone else weighs in to confirm or correct if I'm wrong

IMO, don’t take the word of one rep when you get a negative response. Call back or better yet ask to speak with a supervisor. When it’s confirmed, ask them to put it in your file and keep the name of the rep and time of the call in your files.

Yes, some of the reps are rude. I had one ridicule me when I talked about buying food items like eggs, for example, under the candy and snacks category. I haven’t yet because I usually get eggs cheaper elsewhere or I get the candy/snacks offer when I don’t need eggs. She told me the previous rep was wrong, she pretended to read from the memorandum the reps received about the food/snacks and candy/snacks issue, and even pretended to check with a supervisor. I’m sure she wold have told me that Stouffers is neither a candy or a snack, so it wouldn’t qualify for that offer. But it did. And other SCers have reported buying bacon or a shrimp ring with their candy/snacks offer and getting the points.

I get both the food/snacks and candy/snacks fairly often and about half the time they don’t go through. The cashiers often think I made a mistake, didn't DL it, got the offer mixed up, etc. I've been meaning to print out the coupon and bring it along just to show them - and maybe it will work if they enter the code manually. There is a sporadic but ongoing problem with these offers, so Optimum told me to just call and every time I’ve had to call, I’ve gotten the points.
    Hope this helps

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Oct 31st, 2016 at 12:39 AM.
    barbis9, olivercat and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thank you for responding so quickly, silk. The Optimum program is so vague, it is hard to work out if it is worth making purchases, or waiting for a better sale price. I am going to pickup my Coke today, along with some other food/snack items. I will post the outcome. As for dealing with the telephone reps., I guess I just get tired of dealing with rude and pushy reps., making me feel like I am 'slow'. Sometimes, I just want it to work....the first time.
    Silk, barbis9, Super Mel and 1 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    Thank you for responding so quickly, silk. The Optimum program is so vague, it is hard to work out if it is worth making purchases, or waiting for a better sale price. I am going to pickup my Coke today, along with some other food/snack items. I will post the outcome. As for dealing with the telephone reps., I guess I just get tired of dealing with rude and pushy reps., making me feel like I am 'slow'. Sometimes, I just want it to work....the first time.
    You’re welcome, Olivercat Maybe print out the offer coupon and take it with you or show it on your phone if there’s a problem at the cash. I always tell the cashier I’m doing a promo so they can check that a code shows up (you should have at least 2 show up, one for the coke, one for the food/snack offer).

Btw, I just remembered - a couple of times I called from the store when I was trying to do the transaction and the points didn’t show up (manager let me use the store phone and once the cashier loaned me her phone! - I don’t have a cell phone). One rep stayed on the phone until he saw the transaction go through and then added the points, another told me to call back as soon as I did the transaction, which I did and they were added right away.

And I agree, life would be easier if Optimum would get their act together

Good luck!

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Oct 31st, 2016 at 09:07 AM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Ok, I can happily say successI went shopping today, all ready for a silliness, (planning the post shop telephone call) and nothing. It worked. I got:
    4 Coke at $3.49
    ruffles multipack 2/$5.00
    milk $4.27
    i received
    230 regular points
    4000 food/snack offer
    1170 Coke offer
    5400 points total
    AND now I made it to the 95,000 points level ($170). Now I start looking for a good price (I think I can price match) on a Samsung tab for my dh's Christmas! Yeh! I will be able to afford it this year.
    Thanks to everybody who helped me understand how to learn and earn with optimum points.
    Last edited by olivercat; Mon, Oct 31st, 2016 at 06:28 PM.
    Silk and barbis9 like this.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information