User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart App Updated - Now fully digital

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not sure if this has been posted already.

The long wait is over. The SDM app has been updated and offer these new features:

-Digital Optimum Card
    -Access, load and redeem personalized offers
    -Add your Optimum Card for Passbook (iPhone/iPad devices)

I'm so thrilled. It's easy to use and user friendly, very much like the PC plus app.

This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just reloaded it it's awesome. Love when you check the rewards level and get to play with balloons.
    Cuckoobird and collegekid like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I updated the app on my android and while it works, I've decided not to keep it. It needs access to the phone function on my device and I'm personally not comfortable giving them that access as there doesn't seem to be a need for it.
    lorken and momi like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    I updated the app on my android and while it works, I've decided not to keep it. It needs access to the phone function on my device and I'm personally not comfortable giving them that access as there doesn't seem to be a need for it.
    I haven't used the app at SDM yet so I really don't know what you meant by they need an access to the phone function on your device. I thought all the coupons and the Optimum card are now 'scannable' and I don't need to give the cashier my phone to access the coupons or the codes.

I'm going to try the app later to see how the new features will be handled by the SDM cashier.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What are the key words for searching sdm app? I have been trying to find this app but ccan't find it. Please help!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    I haven't used the app at SDM yet so I really don't know what you meant by they need an access to the phone function on your device. I thought all the coupons and the Optimum card are now 'scannable' and I don't need to give the cashier my phone to access the coupons or the codes.

I'm going to try the app later to see how the new features will be handled by the SDM cashier.
    It's not about giving the phone to staff, it's about what you are allowing the app to access on your device by downloading it.

When updating an app on Google Play store, it tells you what that app will need to access, or that it already has access to these and no further permissions are needed. When I went to update the Shoppers app I had on my phone, it told me that with this update, it needs access to the phone function (call log, call history etc.). When I check the permissions in the application manager, it says that this app can "directly call phone numbers," which may cost me money.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    What are the key words for searching sdm app? I have been trying to find this app but ccan't find it. Please help!
    I initially searched using optimum and got the shoppers app that way.
    momi and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's not about giving the phone to staff, it's about what you are allowing the app to access on your device by downloading it.

When updating an app on Google Play store, it tells you what that app will need to access, or that it already has access to these and no further permissions are needed. When I went to update the Shoppers app I had on my phone, it told me that with this update, it needs access to the phone function (call log, call history etc.). When I check the permissions in the application manager, it says that this app can "directly call phone numbers," which may cost me money.
    Got it!
    momi and trishka like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ok. I have uploaded the android sdm app. Everything goes fine until i select a secret question. It does not show me any list of questions and just gets stuck there. What am i doing wrong? Did someone else experienced this problem? What are we supposed to do to select our secret question?
    strew likes this.

Savingyourhardearnedmoney
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I tried using it yesterday and my personal coupon of Delissio thin crust for $3.33 didn't work. We tried all the Delissio with no luck.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just out of curiosity, can this app be used with two different optimum cards/accounts? I'm asking because I have a smartphone by hubby doesn't. I quite often shop and use my card alone, but he usually only uses his card when we shop together. Would I be able to use the app on my phone for both his and my cards? I'm not sure I would want to risk getting on or both of our accounts cancelled because Shoppers thinks I have two cards...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can this app be used with two different optimum cards/accounts? I'm asking because I have a smartphone by hubby doesn't. I quite often shop and use my card alone, but he usually only uses his card when we shop together. Would I be able to use the app on my phone for both his and my cards? I'm not sure I would want to risk getting on or both of our accounts cancelled because Shoppers thinks I have two cards...
    Just log out of the current optimum card you are using and log back in with the other optimum card. As far as anyone is concerned you and your husband share the phone

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah that is a strange permission to want.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

The app doesn't update your points balance instantly though....I redeemed some points yesterday and this morning it still shows me having a high balance of points.....pcplus and airmiles apps updates in seconds

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love love love that it shows you the other instore optimum offers clearly!! Quite often I find myself looking for fillers because my original shopping plan didn't pan out....and can't always remember the offers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information