User Tag List

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

In a few month my husband is being transfer - sort of to U of Guelph. He works for U of Regina and they are doing a joint contract between Six Nations, Mohawk College, U of Guelph and Akwesasne. So we are moving to Guelph so he can do his research and write a book. I use to live in Stoney Creek and raised in Oakville - so familiar with the area because we just left Stoney Creek 9 months ago.
    What is the good area to live? So far North Guelph near the Walmart, Conroy near the mall and we know to avoid Silvercreek area - its like North Central here in Regina.
    Just when I get settled in Regina we move again

thanks
    deb
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you do end up near Stone Road Mall, the food court is better (food choices and seating areas) than anything in malls in Hamilton, Burlington, and Oakville!

Not sure how it is to get around Guelph unless you drive. The older downtown has some good shopping!

Maybe DH would be willing to relocate to West Hamilton and drive to U of G and other locations as needed?
    http://www.studentcarshare.ca/locati...er-university/
    This car lot is just west of the Westdale theatre/plaza.

The Hamilton LRT project won't go to Eastgate square for some time but McMaster U will be part of it.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, May 27th, 2015 at 01:54 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

He wants to move to Hamilton but with him driving in the winter to U of Guelph I would be to nervous. He is trying to convince me that the drive from Hamilton to Guelph would be ok but I won't let him. Plus I want something different than Hamilton.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I'm in Guelph so if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me and I will try my best to answer. There are lots of new developments happening in the South end right now. The North end is a bit quieter. Also there is public transportation(buses) available but I'm not sure of the routes and schedules but you can probably find that online.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

McMaster U's GO bus terminal does not have any Guelph service. I recall last month reading something about another bus company ending Guelph bus service too on Mac campus.

Ancaster would make more sense if DH has to visit Mohawk College (Fennell campus makeover is truly impressive-just visited there earlier this month and hardly recognize A-wing or the former Library aka The Square; Aboriginal office has a more prominent location there with glass wall exterior in hallway) or Six Nations sites.
    Darn, the newest apartment block does not allow pets. http://property.trovit.ca/index.php/..._type.1/pop.1/
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information