User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Only If

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Went to the grand re-opening sale event of my neighbourhood Canadian Tire yesterday and got a deal on Windex Original cleaner. They are normally $3.99 but advertised for $1.97.I used my $2wub2 coupon and end up getting 2 bottles for $2. I was pretty happy until I loaded my PC Plus offers today, only to see that I am being offered 1200 points per bottle....I feel so deflated missing these points....oh well, it's a good thing I listened to my inner voice & saved my 2nd identical coupon which I will use & get my points...earning 4800 points on a $4 transaction would have just been so awesome.
    Not only that, I bought 3 bottles of Lubriderm lotion 2 days ago at NF for $2.98 ea.(price matched with RCSS ON @ $4.98 & used $2 coupons) & DH bought 10 bottles at Walmart last night, only to find out today that I have a PC Plus offer for 1200 points on Lubriderm lotion...Only if I had super powers, I'd be laughing now instead of ranting...oh well, you win some, you lose some...sigh
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart
    ROMEO, Momof3girlies, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Great deals, anyways - but I do know how you feel about not getting those points...
    ROMEO, Ciel, ticul and 1 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    Went to the grand re-opening sale event of my neighbourhood Canadian Tire yesterday and got a deal on Windex Original cleaner. They are normally $3.99 but advertised for $1.97.I used my $2wub2 coupon and end up getting 2 bottles for $2. I was pretty happy until I loaded my PC Plus offers today, only to see that I am being offered 1200 points per bottle....I feel so deflated missing these points....oh well, it's a good thing I listened to my inner voice & saved my 2nd identical coupon which I will use & get my points...earning 4800 points on a $4 transaction would have just been so awesome.
    Not only that, I bought 3 bottles of Lubriderm lotion 2 days ago at NF for $2.98 ea.(price matched with RCSS ON @ $4.98 & used $2 coupons) & DH bought 10 bottles at Walmart last night, only to find out today that I have a PC Plus offer for 1200 points on Lubriderm lotion...Only if I had super powers, I'd be laughing now instead of ranting...oh well, you win some, you lose some...sigh
    if you use checkout 51 you can claim $3 for the 2 bottles of windex! It's under the 2 select SC Johnson products.
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, walkonby and 5 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya hate that too!
    Ciel, ticul and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, did you pay for your deals with a PC card? If so, the computer may have tracked your shopping habits to add these offers to your PC Plus card.
    ROMEO, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice deals still-sometimes we win some sometimes we lose some in the game of couponing
    ROMEO, Ciel, ticul and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugaboo9601 View Post
    if you use checkout 51 you can claim $3 for the 2 bottles of windex! It's under the 2 select SC Johnson products.
    Big Thanks Bugaboo9601.I do use CO51 so I will submit my receipt...
    ROMEO, Ciel, Bugaboo9601 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    OP, did you pay for your deals with a PC card? If so, the computer may have tracked your shopping habits to add these offers to your PC Plus card.
    Shawa Girl, I do have a PC Mastercard & that was the card I used to pay for my purchase @ CT. I do suspect that they track my purchases but thought it was only on purchases made at the Loblaws group of stores. Do they think by adding offers for items that I bought day or hours, before loading my PC offers, I'm going to buy more items just for getting points? Only if there is a great deal to be had.
    ROMEO, Ciel, Bugaboo9601 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I noticed a few minutes ago that SDM has Lubriderm lotion for $4.99, so I'll buy few more bottles with whatever else coupon we have.
    ROMEO, Ciel, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    Shawa Girl, I do have a PC Mastercard & that was the card I used to pay for my purchase @ CT. I do suspect that they track my purchases but thought it was only on purchases made at the Loblaws group of stores. Do they think by adding offers for items that I bought day or hours, before loading my PC offers, I'm going to buy more items just for getting points? Only if there is a great deal to be had.
    Hi. I think all credit cards track their users' purchases. I agree with you that the computer system that tracks is not too bright. Sometimes we don't use our weekly offers since they don't fit our regular shopping habits and we are NOT going to buy a product just for the points.
    Ciel, ticul, oscarandme and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Those are still awesome deals though and the extra savings too thanks to the other members suggestions. What I do is as a habit, Friday I load-up my offers, I see other posts that they are available on Thursday if not mistaken but as a habit -always good to do this on a regular basis so you get in the habit.

One week we had 1800 points per 6 pack of PEPSI and that was when we had that coupon available buy 2X 6 packs of Pepsi and get a free bag of chips. Well let me tell you, we stocked-up for ourselves and a friend that has a cottage and welcomes everyone and his big family. Then there was a price match at Sobeys for 2.00, Yeah baby!!! so 20 cents each x 2 and a free bag of chips and a no tax day.. That as not too long ago.. so now my husband Friday A.M. -did you check the PC offers for this week???? Yes dear!!!.. I think they spoiled us too much that time and the offers have not been that good but they did set the bar a little high that day..You did awesome with your shop, thanks for sharing!!!
    Last edited by oscarandme; Sat, May 9th, 2015 at 04:48 PM.
    Ciel, walkonby, ticul and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Like the old saying goes " $hit happens"
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, ticul and 1 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Yes, I know the feeling, it happen to me too. Wolfy say it right $hit happens. You still had a great deal. Thank you Shirnette for sharing..........................
    Ciel and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I only have a debit card but if I start buying an item at say Walmart, many times the next week Superstore will be offering me points on it. I don't know how they know what I'm buying at another store with just a debit card, but they must. It's a little creepy. I remember a post a while ago someone saying to use cash of you don't want your purchases tracked by stores.
    Ciel likes this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I agree re:paying cash and no points cards to avoid being tracked.

Re: buying a lot of something at one store and then getting points offers the next week.

The first week, is that item on sale?

If it's a sale one week and points offers the next week at a different store, it might be different forms of advertising the same product to different types of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    I only have a debit card but if I start buying an item at say Walmart, many times the next week Superstore will be offering me points on it. I don't know how they know what I'm buying at another store with just a debit card, but they must. It's a little creepy. I remember a post a while ago someone saying to use cash of you don't want your purchases tracked by stores.
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information