User Tag List

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I usually have 20.00 in my wallet and a bit of change -never know when you may need it
    -as for for if got 400.00 given to me -save 350.00 spend the 50.00 -hubby and I have always thought like this

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

For the $400. At this time our accounts are fully funded so I would most likely tuck it away for a future splurge, like sweet sparrow I would put it in the bank fort the teeny bit of interested.
    QOTD: I have a small card wallet that has my office passes and in the I tuck an extra 10.00. the nice thing is since it is not in my wallet I usually forget about it. It’s my coffee is an emergency money. Although in past week both boys needed money for school and so now there is nothing there. Let’s hope I have no coffee emergency before payday.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    We no longer pay bank fees as we switched to pc financial
    I should clarify that I meant bank fees if you're stuck and have to use another bank's ATM or if the amount is so low that if you use debit, they charge $0.10 - 0.50 for the transaction. DH always gets stuck with those.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Let’s hope I have no coffee emergency before payday.
    at coffee emergencies! Again, this would be a DH problem!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh you must have an old account Sweet Sparrow- If its not your bank you are usually charged $3-4 at that bank and then your own bank would charge around the same! Crazy rip off!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

QOTD: Do you always carry around a small amount of cash in this electronic age to save on bank fees or debit charges in some places? That unexpected coffee?
    I definitely keep money in my wallet. I have a set budget in mind on a weekly basis and take that out every Saturday morning before I go shopping. i.e. $100 for gas for the week and $100 for groceries for the week. Only 4 ATM withdrawals a month (don't want to give the bank more than they deserve in fees). So I take out $200 every Saturday morning . Now our grocery bill is approximately $35-$40 a week, thanks to price matching and couponing. Since my budget is $100 for groceries, I always have extra money left over in my wallet for who knows what. That doesn't mean I'll spend it but if a good deal is to be had, I don't have to withdraw money. Whatever is not spent is then carried over into the next week. The $200 a week is not set in stone either. If I know a birthday, wedding, shower, etc. is coming up, I withdraw what I need for that week.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-posted a few more ads on kijiji -may as well since its summer
    -have a guy coming tonight -lets hope for brother asked me to sell his new laptop bag -probably sat in his closet for years as he never parts with stuff

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I usually have about $20 in my wallet in case I need cash unexpectedly. I try to use my CC as much as possible for the cash back and PC points.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Oh you must have an old account Sweet Sparrow- If its not your bank you are usually charged $3-4 at that bank and then your own bank would charge around the same! Crazy rip off!
    I'm not sure what account I have, but I'm sure it does that. I just rarely use my debit card. I totally rely on my credit card for the points and only use my debit card for groceries at ethnic grocery stores.

Yes! It drives me bonkers when I see those charges on DH's account! $11 in bank fees last month for going under his limit.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    QOTD: Do you always carry around a small amount of cash in this electronic age to save on bank fees or debit charges in some places? That unexpected coffee?
    I definitely keep money in my wallet. I have a set budget in mind on a weekly basis and take that out every Saturday morning before I go shopping. i.e. $100 for gas for the week and $100 for groceries for the week. Only 4 ATM withdrawals a month (don't want to give the bank more than they deserve in fees). So I take out $200 every Saturday morning . Now our grocery bill is approximately $35-$40 a week, thanks to price matching and couponing. Since my budget is $100 for groceries, I always have extra money left over in my wallet for who knows what. That doesn't mean I'll spend it but if a good deal is to be had, I don't have to withdraw money. Whatever is not spent is then carried over into the next week. The $200 a week is not set in stone either. If I know a birthday, wedding, shower, etc. is coming up, I withdraw what I need for that week.
    Wow $35-40 a week for groceries is amazing. If you don't mind my asking how many people does that cover.

I wish I could be somewhere in that vicinity but nope the prices for groceries is jaw dropping no matter how hard I try. I budget for $600 a month and sometimes it's not easy to stay within that, congrats to you and your shopping skills
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Me too! I use my credit card for everything

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

QOTD:

DH keeps a small amount ($5 or less) on him for coffee or lunch emergencies lol. I on the other hand generally do not carry cash around with me (except for a small amount of change). I work at home and I generally do not go anywhere unless its a planned trip. For planned shopping trips I bring the amount of cash I think I will need for whatever I plan on buying.

We use a modified cash envelope system. I withdrawal a set amount once a month and divide it into our cash envelopes. The only stuff we don't pay cash for is gas and groceries which we have separate credit cards for. We have a set budget for gas and groceries too so I track those expenses on a spreadsheet to make sure we don't overspend.

Our grocery budget is also $600 per month and I find it to be very difficult to stick to. We almost always reach our budgeted amount before the end of the month. It's not like we run out of food - just that the grocery money could have been spent more wisely. For example near the end of our grocery budget I bought 6 jars of Classico sauce because I had both a pcplus offer for 500pts per jar and there was a snapsaves offer of $1.00 wub 2. In the end the snapsaves offer was done before I got a chance to upload my receipt. I am sure that $12 could have been spent on something we actually needed...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I got -an email this afternoon -I won a 100.00 from angus reid forum (I think from thier montly draw)-so i emailed them before i opened it to make sure it was legit and they said it was so in 4 wks I will be notified if i want direct secure online bank deposit or virtual visa prepaid card
    -I have never bought anything on line in my life -but hubby said that is what we will do
    -I answered a skill testing question also -I use to do contests so i will wait and see

-just sold my brother's lap top bag 15.00 for him

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Crochetlady: dinner for me today was some Anna Mae's bread with butter, yum.

@lilo0003 : I was there this morning so dinner for me was a AnnaMae`s chelsea bun.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Wed, Jun 10th, 2015 at 06:43 PM.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@coupon girl : Congrats on the win!
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl congrats on your win
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information