User Tag List

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Nancy Just be a clear as you can in your designation of offerings, this family brings beans, another dessert.Post the list on your fridge so people know you know what they should have brought.Be specific right down to bringing their own lawn chairs if needed. There is always someone that does the bare minimum, that's who I would politely pick to give me a hand in the kitchen cleaning up.|You know ask them nicely, Hey such and such I haven't had a chance to visit with you , come and give me a hand and we'll caatch up,because I'm nice like that!!
    Oh and tell your DH if you catch him inviting random people your going home and he can deal with the fall out. My husband is the worst for inviting anyone and everyone to our cabin and telling me last minute. I used to stress now I just ask him what he is making.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:50 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    good day all.
    you guys are pretty busy.

not sure how much longer i'll be keeping in touch here.
    i'm going today to a job fair. company my husband works with, not for.

between that if im lucky enough to get it and my families needs. im not going to have a lot of spare time.
    plus were now looking into house hunting once we have a pre approval.
    i'd like to see us in something before fall. we'll see.

for now im taking one day at a time. take care for now.
    We would certainly miss you! Have you made a decision about moving to another town?
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Woohoo! Finally took the time to check for a better rate for house and car insurance since both are renewing soon. Saved $630.00!!! and totally upped liabilities and other things! So happy! And glad I took the time.
    Congratulations! That's great!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Had my annual theater date today. We went to the Huron County Playhouse at Grand Bend and saw Anne of Green Gables. It was very good. We had lunch first and then stopped at Tim`s for a coffee after. It was after 7 when I got home. Thank goodness I wore a jacket because it was cool and then we got soaked coming out of the restaurant.

Hope everyone had a good day.
    I played Mrs. Barry" (Diana's mother) in a production of Anne of Green Gables in the KWMP production years ago. It's a lovely play! I didn't know it was playing on the "circuit" this summer. I hope I can get to see it too.

Sorry you got soaked! That's so bonechilling!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I just have to get over it - and probably at some point have to face the wrath of my SIL (the bride's mom) who will not be happy with me at all...

Well, the day will move on. I didn't sleep, so I'll have to try get some when I awaken my husband for work.
    Thanks for listening - again![/QUOTE]

WRT your SIL - You could have GONE and REALLY messed up her plans (sorry for the wording- I didn't mean it that way.) You have a right to cry with all you've been going through! I am REALLY HOPING that you can be better soon!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Migraine weather! I spent some time in the basement when we had storm warnings and got the bed ready for my friend who is coming to visit this weekend. It's her birthday and I haven't seen her for a while. Poor dog spent time under the bed, behind the toilet and then in the closet.

DH goes for his regular CT scan in London tomorrow but I'm staying home - gotta get ready for a retirement, rehearsal and wedding on Friday as well as Saturday. Hopefully I can get down to see the Pan Am games torch arrive in Chatham by Dragonboat. My friend who is a breast cancer survivor may be paddling in that boat!

I'm slowly getting caught up on reading your posts. Hoping everyone's health is on the upswing!
    Teachers - those end of year commitments are quite something - It got that I would avoid going to retirements of friends as I couldn't afford all the "tickets" you had to buy to go! The expectations for part-time people to contribute so heavily is preposterous!

My db and his wife's anniversary was this past Sunday - AND my dnephew's bday. I sent them a coupon for a cruise in Toronto Harbour which I knew would not get there on time - When I spoke to them on Sunday - they told me they were going on a cruise in Toronto Harbour to celebrate their anniversary - LOL! Great minds think alike, but now they'll have TWO cruises on Toronto Harbour (one on a sailing ship.)

With my eye problems of the past 2 weeks and then my breathing problems with this humidity and migraines - I feel like a WHINER! But I'm seeing my family dr. on Thursday and try to get a handle on what is causing what.

I'm supposed to keep track of my blood-pressure - so I'm going to go do that. Take care, everyone!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Set my alarm clock a little later and of course then rush rush rush! Good thing I had eggs cooked and ready in the fridge to make DS quick egg mcmuffin!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We have no sports tonight! Yipppeee! Took bacon out of the freezer this morning so bacon and eggs for dinner it is! (bacon was $1.97, Eggs $1.50 for dozen and bread free in freezer so cheap cheap dinner! And both kids love and won't complain at all

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Lily dog had a fun time yesterday - she got to tag along on my regular Monday night outings with the neighbours. Needless to say, she was her usual charming self and convinced the ladies that she was starving and just had to have a taste of whatever they were eating. Well, it is impossible to resist that pretty face, especially after she's done all sorts of tricks to show off how smart she is.

Today will consist of many many naps. I had a bad nightmare & kept going back to the same awful dream every time I fell asleep (I came home from vacation to discover I no longer had my Quincy cat). The worst part was that Quincy cat had spent the night somewhere in hiding (I'm guessing he was sulking in the closet cause Lily dog got to go out & he didn't) and for the first time since I've come back from Boston, he wasn't sleeping beside me.

Better go squish the brats & make a fuss over them. Just because.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well did a load may not hang out-as w have rain off and on
    -made lemon pie son is coming with wife and"ashlyn" for supper -pie cost 2.24 to make (okay maybe a bit more as i use 2 eggs)
    and will cook the 4.49 ham I bought yesterday with mashed potatoes
    I have a free seminar this afternoon on "high blood pressure" at the library with my neighbour
    -cleaning a bit now don't want any loose change or anything around as "ashlyn" and my son will come at 4.00 his wife at 6.00 from work -cant wait love having my grown kids around me

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have a $ 2 pick up today (left on porch And bumped a bunch of my items this morning since we will be home this evening and have 3 pick ups arranged already!! Really need to get in the spare room and organize the junk for sale and get posting! Have my new empty relish jar that I'm filling now

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Do you give gifts to your parents for their anniversary (every year)?
    I did. 90 percent of the time, it wasn't a physical gift...it was me taking them out for dinner.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

OOOHHH new flyers being posted. I am making a list and really only buying fresh/smart. Will try to really plan meals and use up stuff at home already paid for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=thriftygranny;6411949]Nancy Just be a clear as you can in your designation of offerings, this family brings beans, another dessert.Post the list on your fridge so people know you know what they should have brought.Be specific right down to bringing their own lawn chairs if needed. There is always someone that does the bare minimum, that's who I would politely pick to give me a hand in the kitchen cleaning up.|You know ask them nicely, Hey such and such I haven't had a chance to visit with you , come and give me a hand and we'll caatch up,because I'm nice like that!!
    Oh and tell your DH if you catch him inviting random people your going home and he can deal with the fall out. My husband is the worst for inviting anyone and everyone to our cabin and telling me last minute. I used to stress now I just ask him what he is making.[/QUOTE @thriftygranny ....made that very clear to DH when we were engaged that under no circumstances is he to show up with anyone without giving me a head's up. God Bless him, he's never done it. I feel your frustration but good for you for asking him "what he's making."

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Looked at the FB & NF flyers not much other than stocking up on sausages at NF's for $1.97lbs on the way back from the cottage
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information