User Tag List

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Potlucks with friends- Wow we have no problems at all. Everyone always brings lots of stuff and it just always works out. Last time we brought potato skins and homemade squares (it was an evening gathering not dinner) We had the skins all ready on 2 cookie sheets and then just popped in the oven before we served them. They were a hit and our friends want us to bring that all the time lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Work functions- We don't ever do potlucks- My workplace is very awesome and treats us to lunch all the time and does a few large functions yearly for all offices to get together and always includes fancy dinner out (open bar too!)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We go to a friend`s pond party every summer. BIL does the barbecued pig and everyone else brings whatever. I got an awesome recipe for potato salad so I get asked to bring that every year. There is always lots of food and a good variety.

My SIL was bad for not bringing enough food to family potlucks. They have 9 kids and she wouldn`t even bring enough to feed her own family. The rest of us knew we had to take lots extra or someone would have gone hungry.

Years ago at a family reunion I was near the last to get my food. Barely got a spoonful of salad but lots of dessert. Since then I make sure to take a salad and dessert.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Thu, Jun 18th, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby free is free and sweet treats are so yummy
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley hope you feel better soon and I agree don't tell your mom about the extra $25 for groceries, I won't tell (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow greatly appreciate the calculations, I was doubting my math skills (lol). I purchase 6 of the 4 packs = 24 x 400g of lean ground beef today. I decided to stock up on the lean ground beef while it's a so so price (shrug), I've purchased the single packs from GT before and they are quite good. I passed up the NF's sausage deal as it's comes around every 4-6 weeks and I have enough hot Italian sausages to last 6 weeks so....WHERE's the BEEF????

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Just did a little happy dance at my desk when I saw Freshco has Beef roasts on sale next week. Was going to go tonight but Mom said she won't drive and I do not have the ambition to go alone, so aiming for tomorrow now.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just took my sister-in-law to freshco-well she hasnt shopped in years (she is 68)-my older brother does it all-I helped her she was amazed at all the high prices-he gave her 60.00 to spend
    listen to this -I picked up a lettuce it was 1.99-she said ohhh so much money -so I put it in my buggy-(we each had our own buggies)some gentleman said romaine is .99-but she said no I want lettuce
    -so fast forward -I help her carry all her 3 bags up (I put hers in the hatchback part -mine in the back seat) so she is putting the groceries away as my bother is asking her what did you spend?she spent 44.00
    then she says where is my lettuce -and I said is it in the fridge so I peaked nope -well lets go look in my car(then she said I may have not bought It as 1.99 is too much )
    -so not in my car -only mine in the back seat-then she said i will hear about it forever if i left it at the store -so i said take mine
    thanks she said
    -s o I called the store to see if it was left behind -nope
    -honestly that shopping trip was so stressful for me and this Is my oldest sibling in the family (he controls most everything )

-just talked to my sister-in-law and she sad "nope it wasnt on my bill i didnt buy it" the funny thing is it rang up 1.69 not the same as the price on shelf
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jun 18th, 2015 at 02:45 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I just took my sister-in-law to freshco-well she hasnt shopped in years (she is 68)-my older brother does it all-I helped her she was amazed at all the high prices-he gave her 60.00 to spend
    listen to this -I picked up a lettuce it was 1.99-she said ohhh so much money -so I put it in my buggy-(we each had our own buggies)some gentleman said romaine is .99-but she said no I want lettuce
    -so fast forward -I help her carry all her 3 bags up (I put hers in the hatchback part -mine in the back seat) so she is putting the groceries away as my bother is asking her what did you spend?she spent 44.00
    then she says where is my lettuce -and I said is it in the fridge so I peaked nope -well lets go look in my car(then she said I may have not bought It as 1.99 is too much )
    -so not in my car -only mine in the back seat-then she said i will hear about it forever if i left it at the store -so i said take mine
    thanks she said
    -s o I called the store to see if it was left behind -nope
    -honestly that shopping trip was so stressful for me and this Is my oldest sibling in the family (he controls most everything )
    Bless your heart coupon girl so kind of you for all you do for so many people.

She sounds like she was very overwhelmed poor thing if she doesn't shop often I can only imagine the stress and fear of spending more then she was given $60 doesn't go far these days and great that she only spent $44, however, I think if there is a next time she may feel more confident in what she can afford to purchase and what things actually cost such as the lettuce.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

coupon girl, I am wondering what lettuce cost the last time she bought it. No wonder there was sticker shock for her. Isn't that the way though? The second guessing and later finding out she never even put one in her cart after all. Well sweet of you to donate yours to them.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

You will have to teach your SIL the world of price matching

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Hot and humid here. I've been researching stinging nettles. It seems the dogs should be safe, but I should let the neighbour behind the fence where I found them that they may have some, because they have 2 little girls who like to "explore" under the cedars there.
    I saw the dr. today and she is going to do some blood tests to check out my sugar levels but doesn't seem worried. She's also quite sure I'm not showing signs of losing memory - just normal or slightly abnormal memory loss as I age.
    We're going to tweak a couple of my meds to see if that helps. Try to fix one thing and it causes another, it seems.

Lynn, I know you can't hear me but I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!

I managed to get a $50 Canadian Tire GC at Sobey's for $45. We spent some at CT. Sobey's is right across from the CT so it helped tweak my memory.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ great news, lilo!

Well, my period woes are over - thank goodness! There's always a day or two of residual back pain, but I can surely deal with that!

My sweet husband did some great shopping over the past few days, he's gotten quite good at it! With coupons, I make sure to only have him use them at places where I know there will be no hassle at all - and he doesn't mind using them.

Used several of the BOGO cereal coupons, Healthy Choice, Chef Boyardee, Orville popcorn; Playtex FPC, Tylenols of various types, and a great promo at Sobey's to buy one McCain fries and get a French's ketchup free. Some other assorted ones, too, I probably am not remembering.

Have any of you tried the French's ketchup if you are usual Heinz fans? I'll try it at lunch.

Knowing my day will be much less hassle-free is a very good and positive thing! Not that I'm up to my usual, but it will be SO much better!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

So glad to hear you are feeling better, Natalka!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I am so mad at myself right now. I usually send the township post dated cheques for our taxes in January. Was looking at the bank statement last night and noticed they didn`t cash it for last month. Went all the way back to January and you guessed it...I forgot to send them this year. I found out that it can be paid online so this afternoon I paid 6 months worth of taxes plus the interest. I was thinking a while ago that we seem to have a little more money in our account every month but didn`t investigate. Thank goodness I have a lot of PC points to use for groceries.
    Oh dear, Crochetlady! What a PAIN! Easily done, though. Glad you have some PC points to fall back on!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu sounds like good news to me and it seems your memory is still quite sharp to me.

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information