User Tag List

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Oh dear, Crochetlady! What a PAIN! Easily done, though. Glad you have some PC points to fall back on!
    I`m blaming the pain I was in at that time. lol

Glad to hear any memory loss you have is normal.

I went to my Dr. because of blurry vision and was diagnosed with diabetes. I hope tweaking your meds will take care of yours.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crohetlady good thing for points eh to fall back on when we need
    -my brother and his wife do price match use the odd coupon he has been doing it for the past few years
    well treated hubby to harvey's tonight 11.20 with coupons of course they expire In 3 days so i turned around and offered a family of mom /dad and teenage sons some coupons they said"awesome" "hey we should all share in savings-right
    -have a possible sale of some of daughter's clothing

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Today is our wedding anniversary as well as my my in laws so we had a lovely family dinner out. But we killed the dining out budget for the next few months. My father in law brought the boys some fresh Ontario strawberries, the smell is just heaven and they are such a fave for the kids it will be a surprise if they don't eat them all for breakfast.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

who ho-got my hydro bill today on line and its 9.28 less than 2 months ago -must be all the times I am hanging to dry
    feeling tired today -must be all the running around i have done this week-gonna relax today -maybe a bit of year work

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My hydro bill was up about that amount coupon girl lol. Guess leaving the light on at night for my teen is doing it. Will be stopping that! He knows where the house is

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! Patio lunch out with work today so should be a good day. Going to get at my stuff now so I can clean some stuff off my desk. Have a great day everyone. (Is it sad that I am excited for Friday's so I can load my PC pts???) Stocking up on Nestea for teen and friends for a weekend treat. $3.33 plus 1400 pc pts Cucumbers .47 cents and 600 PC pts. That's about it.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Had a busy couple of days. Wed was packed full of fun - babysat the neighbour critter in the morning, spent the afternoon at the theatre, had dinner with friends (Thai food, yum!), another friend came over that night to hang with the critters (I'm just the entourage & don't count ). Yesterday was supposed to be a day to crash. Lily dog had other plans. It seems my poor girl no longer has a cast iron stomach & the little bit of Thai food she had as a snack the night before combined with a ton of cookies she convinced my friend she needed late at night did her in. Before we could go out, she made a mess...right in front of the door. I managed to clean the floors (thank you, Lily dog, for not being sick on the carpet!), took her out & lay down on the couch for all of 5 minutes when she was overcome again. Another hour spent cleaning/scrubbing the floor and my day was pretty much a wash. Had no energy to do anything other than console my poor girl who is a clean fanatic. I was so worried about her, I didn't even realize I hadn't checked in to SC.

On the plus side, Lily dog is back to her normal self, if a little annoyed that she's not getting treats, only plain rice and a bit of kibble. Quincy cat, the evil one who doesn't even like Thai food, made a point of begging for part of my dinner (leftovers) yesterday, just so he could lord it over Lily dog.

It's dark & dreary here, waiting to see whether the rain will hit us before I go out for some groceries.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Today is our wedding anniversary as well as my my in laws so we had a lovely family dinner out. But we killed the dining out budget for the next few months. My father in law brought the boys some fresh Ontario strawberries, the smell is just heaven and they are such a fave for the kids it will be a surprise if they don't eat them all for breakfast.
    Sounds like you had a good time. Happy belated anniversary!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Had a busy couple of days. Wed was packed full of fun - babysat the neighbour critter in the morning, spent the afternoon at the theatre, had dinner with friends (Thai food, yum!), another friend came over that night to hang with the critters (I'm just the entourage & don't count ). Yesterday was supposed to be a day to crash. Lily dog had other plans. It seems my poor girl no longer has a cast iron stomach & the little bit of Thai food she had as a snack the night before combined with a ton of cookies she convinced my friend she needed late at night did her in. Before we could go out, she made a mess...right in front of the door. I managed to clean the floors (thank you, Lily dog, for not being sick on the carpet!), took her out & lay down on the couch for all of 5 minutes when she was overcome again. Another hour spent cleaning/scrubbing the floor and my day was pretty much a wash. Had no energy to do anything other than console my poor girl who is a clean fanatic. I was so worried about her, I didn't even realize I hadn't checked in to SC.

On the plus side, Lily dog is back to her normal self, if a little annoyed that she's not getting treats, only plain rice and a bit of kibble. Quincy cat, the evil one who doesn't even like Thai food, made a point of begging for part of my dinner (leftovers) yesterday, just so he could lord it over Lily dog.

It's dark & dreary here, waiting to see whether the rain will hit us before I go out for some groceries.

Aw poor Lily. Glad she`s back to normal.

We`re having a beautiful sun shiny day here. Have to go into town this afternoon to pick up a few things.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    who ho-got my hydro bill today on line and its 9.28 less than 2 months ago -must be all the times I am hanging to dry
    feeling tired today -must be all the running around i have done this week-gonna relax today -maybe a bit of year work
    That is always a nice treat to think we CAN make a difference in the amount we pay, congrats on that savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    TGIF!!!! Patio lunch out with work today so should be a good day. Going to get at my stuff now so I can clean some stuff off my desk. Have a great day everyone. (Is it sad that I am excited for Friday's so I can load my PC pts???) Stocking up on Nestea for teen and friends for a weekend treat. $3.33 plus 1400 pc pts Cucumbers .47 cents and 600 PC pts. That's about it.
    it is those small things that give us a little hop to our step! I am jealous about your 600 points on cucumbers, ( hee hee) I sure needed that one since I am juicing now for DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

oh awful tummy upset made work for you Andit. Hoping the worst is over for Lilly Dog now.

Had a wonderful thing happen this a.m. The mailman brought me a trade with some well timed Beneful coupons that expire June 30th, so thank you again Autumn! ) I will use them on RCSS no tax day tomorrow! Not thrilled about the vehicle oil change coming due, hoping that is ALL they want to do. It is still brand new to me, so why do I have to spend on it? I know maintenance and the warranty go hand in hand but it still bugs me.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lilo0003 - many more years of love and fun for you two!

Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jun 19th, 2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: first pic disappeared! LOL and so did the second!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo happy anniversary-hope you had a nice meal out -and we all need to splurge the odd time
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:17 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy anniversary Lilo!! Went and did some some grocery shopping at lunch time today and bought chicken and sausage from NF. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@walkonby -oil change is just keeping your engine running without many bits and bobs in the oil. We all have better days when we eat regularly, so cars need their fluids changed on schedule.

If you have a handy car person at home, s/he can do the change at home. Sibling is big on this part of maintenance and gets Amsoil products by the case. It's just a bother to have to make a trip to the hazardous waste depot to get rid of old oil.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@walkonby -oil change is just keeping your engine running without many bits and bobs in the oil. We all have better days when we eat regularly, so cars need their fluids changed on schedule.

If you have a handy car person at home, s/he can do the change at home. Sibling is big on this part of maintenance and gets Amsoil products by the case. It's just a bother to have to make a trip to the hazardous waste depot to get rid of old oil.

Any Toronto SCers nears the College St. area, enjoy having the Scotiabank Chin Picnic on your transit doorstep this weekend! Lucky! Tonight would be a good night for eating out and dancing-it's not hot outside.

The weekend forecasts are on the hot side. Think it's an idea to see if more frozen treats can find their way home.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information