Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

enjoy your contacts-walkonby

-well relaxed today-did laundry and popped over to shoppers
    -son had us over for pizza and garlic bread-they gave hubby a Canadian tire gift card and a papa mug, along with "ashlyn" footprint and handprint on a small canvas fame

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Heh everyone when it rains it pours Lol no not funny. Awaiting on Dads transfer . Looking for job des. Trying to sell car. Other car broke down today. Short fixed for now. And my computer died. What's next?
    Believing in a turn around!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Granger love the blog very well written
    Thanks JnC, and everyone else for your encouraging words.

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Sorry that so many are dealing with stress these days. I sincerely hope things turn around for everyone - a large dose of happiness is in order for all.

Sing, and the hills will answer;
    Sigh, it is lost on the air.
    I love this. Thank you for sharing especially these two lines. I love to sing it out...sometimes dance it out too!

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Last day of school.....not sure how I feel about that .
    Hope everyone has a lovely summer.
    You all know how I feel. Waaaaaahooooooo!!!!! One more working day. (For 14 months!!!!!!!!!)

Took DD#2 to clinic tonight. She has walking pneumonia. That is three and according to the old adage we are done. DD#1 pneumonia, pipe collapse, DD#2 pneumonia. Three. Done. Going to go read my blog post for advice...what the heck did I say again, I need to review...
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Granger, sure hoping your little ones get better very quickly!

Gah, I just can't stay or type or do anything much on this darned computer, it's SO frustrating!
    Son will clean it on the weekend, hopefully that will do the trick.

I miss posting lots on here, and just doing regular puter stuff - I'm 'behind' on so many things I miss!
    Plus it's terribly hot - and the fans just aren't cutting it.... will cool off a bit outside before I go put up my legs to rest a bit.

For everyone:

Name:  hugsfrommelovebear.gif
Views: 138
Size:  37.5 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Granger, I am so sorry your other little one is sick now. I guess the silver lining is the virus/ bacteria that is causing this will be long gone before the new baby arrives. Enjoy that last day tomorrow!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Andit, that was a lovely poem and it did stop and make me think, I missed commented earlier, thanks for reminding Granger!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    you will NOT believe this! Our insurance company credited our bank account today! Good grief I am still laughing, her new specs have not even come yet!
    That is amazing, wow...

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

sitting watching TV with DD2 waiting for fever to drop again...104 is just too hot. I have a magic bag from the freezer (it is not freezing, just cold, I use it on my back when sore) laying against her body in addition to Tylenol.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh granger wish your little ones well

-off to babysit at 8.00 (next week will work on stuff around my house)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    you will NOT believe this! Our insurance company credited our bank account today! Good grief I am still laughing, her new specs have not even come yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    That is amazing, wow...
    This will seem petty now, BUT I have to waste a stamp and send in the forms to get the co-pay amount from the other plan......I wish DH plan had an online feature. Snail mail for them still. ( did I just snub CP? ha ha ha )

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Went to Costco last night and everything was cheaper at Costco then anywhere else only downside is the amount we had to buy. So more than half our budget for the week was spent at Costco but on the upside most of the things I got we now won't need to purchase for months a couple items I am not stocked up for 6 months or more. Must admit the last few weeks it seems shocking how quickly our budget is gone. I have gotten some great deals but I would really like to have a surplus for later use and we just do not seem to be able to come under budget.

I must admit I am counting down the hours until the end of today, so cannot wait until 4 for this day to be over. One of the guys keeps asking me jokingly if I will work his Saturday and in all honesty I really do not think I would make it if I did.

Going to see if Mom will run to No Frills today, I have a gift card she can use to get some extra fruits and veggies. I really hate spending my gift cards, it actually hilarious the number of them I have stored up, I have a special wallet just for them. I am always worried if I spend one I will need it later and won't have it so I always just try to make it work with the money I have.

Hope everyone has a great day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just popped out to Safeway for $40 worth of groceries for free using my airmiles-I always like free. Going to watch the baby twins( almost 8 months) this aft-they are on the move so keep me hopping! Supposed to be at least 3 more hot days in a row-most people in Calgary do not have air conditioning because it is rarely needed-today I opened the doors to cool the house early morning-I had a surprise visitor with a kitty poking his head in-at least it wasn't a bobcat!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I just popped out to Safeway for $40 worth of groceries for free using my airmiles-I always like free. Going to watch the baby twins( almost 8 months) this aft-they are on the move so keep me hopping! Supposed to be at least 3 more hot days in a row-most people in Calgary do not have air conditioning because it is rarely needed-today I opened the doors to cool the house early morning-I had a surprise visitor with a kitty poking his head in-at least it wasn't a bobcat!
    I have been really enjoying Safeway for their Saturday only sales, and the air miles offers have brought me in to the store more often lately. The one in Red Deer had 4.99 Sirloin steaks last Saturday and I was all over that one!! It is indeed warm in our neck of the woods today, i was up early to open the windows to get the cool morning air in before it is cooking this afternoon, at least we have abreeze this morning. Enjoy the weekend everyone!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Spent the morning getting ready to go spend some time with my Mom this weekend. Brats are excited cause they always seem to know when it's time for a car ride - Lily dog sits in the window & starts screaming/whining if she sees anything that remotely resembles bff's car. Which usually makes Quincy cat think a monster is on the way & the best course of action is to hide where no one can reach him.

A friend popped by last night, so we went out for a beer at the local pub. Now that I know they make their own root beer (best I've ever tasted), I'm hooked & it takes all my will-power not to be a barfly.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Here's hoping for some fun in the sun for all and that the rain sticks to the wee hours of the morning.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So much for the grocery allowance, I went to NF and strayed ever so slightly off the list and I laughed when I saw the final bill ring up $1.32 over what I allow for the week.
    All it took was buying extra loaves of bread, ham and hot d. buns, getting 3 of the pork ribs they have on sale, 4 cans Stagg's chili for DS midnight cravings and 3 tubs Breyers Ice cream ( which I have not purchased in 2 months ) and who can resist grabbing 6 x .77 cans of pork 'n beans? Oh well the other 4 categories in my weeks allowance are untouched so far so I might just end up with extra money at the end of the week after all!
    Say it loud with me " No Swiss Chalet, No Pizza Pizza " ..... ha ha ...I will never stop trying.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Since the flyers aren't calling my name out DS and I stopped at FB last night on our way to the arena and spent $10.85. A watermelon, 2 x blueberries, 4L Milk and a special Milkshake for a treat for DS after his game. think that will pull us through the weekend and I can keep at using stuff in the fridge/freezer.

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information