User Tag List

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

pretty proud of my self today. I did not bother to pack a lunch and that is never a think. But I had a can of soup in my desk and some crackers. Lunch is served.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Off for an appointment today. DD#1 at school. Mom took DD#2 (surprise!) DH at work!

Are you sitting down? I AM HOME ALONE!!!

I have...
    made and eaten breakfast with the two girls and got them and bags ready for the day
    BUH BYE DD1
    emptied dishwasher
    pulled out stamps and ink for DD2 while I showered
    played Candyland with DD2
    BUH BYE DD2
    had a friend over to visit and entertained her two year old
    emptied my emails that were waiting for more time (downloaded photos to hard drive, updated mailing addresses, CRA stuff)
    made and ate a gourmet lunch
    changed a garbage and compost
    folded two loads, put two on, HUNG one to dry

WONDER WOMAN...house feels empty...happy to have a few more hours to myself BUT will be equally as happy when chaos returns. Now I know why my mom sometimes just calls...she misses us filling the rooms with love and noise.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 11 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Enjoy the day Granger!!!! I probobly call my girls way too often...just need to know things are good with them!! I am starting to text them more often and I think they appreciate it. Not as all consuming as a phone call!!
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Yes, we sure do have to stock up when we find the meat deals! I am always keeping my eyes open for a surprise deal (like the ground turkey I bought last month for $1Lb) It worked for burgers and meatballs!
    Well now that you mention stocking up when you find a deal...
    Needed to pick up milk and a couple of plants from the Independent Store. Checked the pink stickers on the meat and nothing looked appealing, then i noticed they had boneless Turkey breast roasts on blowout for 3.99 a pound , they are usually about 9.00 a pound so two went in my cart.The meat manager approached me and asked how I cooked them and we had a discussion about the best way to prepare them.He then asked me if he pink stickered the rest (7 roasts) would I be interested in all of them as they expire tomorrow and he said they just aren't moving. I love these as my son can't eat nitrates in his lunch meat so I cook them and slice for sandwiches, I am also going to try one on the rotisserie on the barbecue. They are vacu sealed and in the freezer...I won't be posting in the clean out the freezer thread today!! They also had the ACE hamburger buns pink stickered and I had 2 2.oo coupons and submitted to check out 51 so I made a 1.50 on each pack. Unexpected money spent but so worth it!!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Jun 2nd, 2015 at 02:45 PM.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 9 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Awesome deal!!!
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ohh upcoming flyers being posted. Thinking I may be redeeming some PC pts to stock up on the chicken sale at RCSS.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-shopped at 3 stores today -back in the game after babysitting last week -even got 6.00 from checkout51 back on my 3 bottles of wine -never know when we may need to take one to a gathering
    -son asked if I could babysit ashlyn while he got his hair cut at noon -no problem i only watched her for a half an hour put her down to nap and made a tea and he was in the door
    -cut the front lawn -and supper is mccains pizza3.99 and manns' coleslaw .99 after cpn i bought today -supper for 2( 5.00 )

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny gotta love when the stars align, great deal on the meat
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

TG: I would have done the same for turkey breast. It's one of our faves. Don't stop calling your girls just to check in. I will be devastated the day my mom no longer calls me at work and asks if I am busy, to which I reply not at all my boss is letting me take it easy, lol. She calls my work cell during the day about once a week and it's just a quick chat but I am grateful, not all 48 yr old women are so lucky.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Oh Nancy, I am so sorry about your flour and bread and baking being ruined. Frustrating, but I think we have all been there with mice at one point. I hate them.
    June goals are pretty much the same as usual, keep decluttering and organizing and keeping it frugal for household items and meals. We just got our estimate to replace upstairs windows and renovate our master bathroom. Embarrassing but we haven't used the tub in there for 3 years, it is marble and it cracked causing a leak into the family room below , we had the ceiling repaired but we have just been using the main bathroom and have been putting off the en-suite knowing it would be expensive.We will be selling and building a smaller home in the next four years so it is time to get this house ready to sell. We have been here 23 years so a lot as accumulated. Wow renos are expensive, 9700.00 to finish 8 windows and 16,000 to gut the bathroom and redo...I feel sick but it has to be done. Sometimes I envy people that rent, way less to worry about.
    Gulp thriftygranny! Isn't it ironic that we put up with things, then fix them and MOVE! But renovating your bathroom will be a good investment!
    Just hold your nose and jump in!
    Andit, ROMEO, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Gulp thriftygranny! Isn't it ironic that we put up with things, then fix them and MOVE! But renovating your bathroom will be a good investment!
    Just hold your nose and jump in!
    Thanks Avon, I think I may have reached the age where the price of everything astounds me. I didn't think it would happen!!!
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    TG: I would have done the same for turkey breast. It's one of our faves. Don't stop calling your girls just to check in. I will be devastated the day my mom no longer calls me at work and asks if I am busy, to which I reply not at all my boss is letting me take it easy, lol. She calls my work cell during the day about once a week and it's just a quick chat but I am grateful, not all 48 yr old women are so lucky.
    I wish I still had a mother that calls, I know my kids appreciate it but I know how busy they are so I try to keep it short!! Enjoy those talks with your mom!
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I was busy at the end of last week preparing a graveside service for my cousin and a wedding ceremony for a lovely couple - both on Saturday. But I was stressed out and exhausted. Then, I had made a promise to collect donations for Habitat for Humanity at Church on Sunday. I had to DRAG myself out of bed, I'll tell you. It was POURING DOWN with rain and not very many people at church but we had a really generous amount donated. We have 2 churches under one charge so we also collected money at the other church, too. I'm not sure how much it was totally, but it will certainly help the cause.
    I have another wedding this weekend and still have some work to do to finalize the paperwork. The full moon is messing around with my electronics! The computer had a glitch, the printer went cafluy and I had left some documents in the car which my dh had.

I've had some issues with my eyes over the past week and am waiting for the results of some tests.

We went to get our ears tested today - both within normal range. I'm also going to make an appointment with a naturopath to help us get a grip on what kind of diet we should have - what type of vitamins we should or shouldn't take etc. We get conflicting advice from all sorts of sources. We both need to lose some weight and I'm hoping that maybe I can get some nutrition advice that might help decrease my migraines.

I'll try to check in. Glad everyone is moving right along in a frugal way.
    Andit, ROMEO, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@Granger I hope you enjoyed your time alone at home

I don't have anyone nearby to watch my girls and DH works afternoon shift so someone's always home here. Even without daycare LOs here DH is still home everyday until 2pm. So still not completely alone time lol.

I find thou now that I don't spend my days with daycare LOs I have more time and patience and spend better quality time with my girls once they are home from school.

But my quiet days are numbered though as there are only 16 more days of school

For the first time in a long time I'm actually looking forward to summer My summer looks like it will be a cakewalk compared to last summer as I only have 2 school age daycare kiddos left (no luck replacing the other 3 so far). So I'm looking forward to a summer without having to stay home for nap time or taking strollers and diaper bags everywhere we go I can even take the kids swimming in the afternoons

Last summer I had a full house with a 1 year old, a 2.5 year old, a 4 year old (that was potty training just in time for JK), my 4 year old DD, a 5 year old, a 7 year old and my 8 year old DD Having 2 in diapers and 1 potty training really limited what we were able to go and do. So I am looking forward to having a lot more freedom to take the kids on fieldtrips etc...
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Wed, Jun 3rd, 2015 at 06:31 AM.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 8 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I also made another $175 in sales the past few days bringing my crap jar total up to $500

I think I've pretty much sold all the good stuff so the main thing I'm still waiting to sell is my triple stroller but that's a big ticket item and not something the average person needs so I expect it will be difficult to sell...

I also had a third person ask me if I was closing my daycare because I've been selling everything. Nope, I just have too much stuff lol. That's the one downfall with selling stuff on FB swap boards - all your nosy friends and family see everything that you sell as it comes up on their newsfeed...
    Andit, ROMEO, avoncallingu and 5 others like this.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information