User Tag List

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Aw Andit poor you, although sleep does make the healing process faster I think. Before you know it you'll be dashing around with the brats again. I have decided to use Gail Vaz Oxlades budget binder once again ( just made up a small one to track the receipts on a weekly basis, and really define spends by categories ) With increases hitting us from every direction I wanna make sure we are saving as much as we can, how else will I afford that boob job?? ha ha ha KIDDING!!!!
    Maybe just get one boob done this year Walks!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ha ha ha!!! ^^^ lopsided and walking in circles, I'll be easy to spot on the street! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh walks you made my morning -good to keep track thou
    -well free frugal meal tonight -daughter is buying a treat for us for father's day celebrating today -cause they are in town for the wedding shower her and I go to on sunday
    -son asked us to bring the take out food to his house this afternoon -as my daughter-in-la wants to drink too-an get "ashlyn" to bed at a decent time -plus if they came here my deck is all open -no railing on yet or stairs kind of dangerous for a little one plus how would we muse "ashlyn for 3 or 4 hours (I have a few stuffed toys and colouring books -oh and my wicker buggy that was mine when I was 2)
    -cant wait to see my grown kids -love chatting with them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ha ha ha!!! ^^^ lopsided and walking in circles, I'll be easy to spot on the street! ha ha
    Hee hee

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quiet day here. DH spent the day cleaning the garage. We did a Reno a few years ago and turned a carport into a proper garage, but we never finished with shelves. So it was a lot of work but so easy to find stuff now. We have not used the trailer since we did the reno so the timing was good as we plan to camp this summer. Now we can find it all. Lots of stuff to sell too, some will go on kijiji some to my moms for a garage sale. Not to mention the stuff for the goodwill.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My course finished today! Yahoo!

Evenings have just become more flexible!

Today I looked after my two year old niece. So a busy first day "off."

I am settling into report card work this evening, because once that is done, there is little homework left for the school year. Thank goodness!!!

I watched my first hour of TV in a month last night and hope to watch another tonight.

Tomorrow is my mom's surprise 60th birthday. I saw her today and she is clueless. lol.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    SO i thought i'd pop in and say hi.
    been sick the last couple with a cold. going to have to bust my butt to get better and FAST.
    I need a few prayers. Dad's going in Monday for major surgery. only way to remove the stone thats lodged.

Why do i keep getting tested.
    Mrs. S. I will send you my prayers and supportive thoughts for the success of your father's surgery! Hugs to you and your family!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yay for getting done, Granger!
    Enjoy the party tomorrow! Today was my second oldest sister's 64th birthday.

Had a nice supper here, just vegging now.
    Was pretty productive this morning (for me!) starting a good re-organization of pantry stuff in the kitchen. (Don't have a pantry, I guess I just mean foodstuffs...)
    However, it was irritating when I wanted to go on, but the body just wouldn't...

btw, for gum-chewers, I just discovered the coolest thing from WM - a bag of mini Dubble Bubble, a little bigger than the mini Chiclets which used to be out. They are good, you can just chew on a few, add a few more for flavour, etc.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Today, I'm going to try get some things in order around the house before things get hot towards the end of the weekend and into next week - when it crawls close to 30 and over, I can't do a thing except be in front of a fan, lol!

-maybe TMI - I've had a tough time with my period - had it last week, thought it was over, but it came back more furious for this past week and I'm just a mess hormonally and pain-wise. Hopefully it will stop soon!

Got a frugal oil change yesterday, son did it at his shop with my husband - it's just amazing to get that 'free' labour!
    Milan will come over tomorrow and help with yard work - we have this teeny house and a huge lot which we don't use for anything - yes, I know it's such a waste, we sure would have loved it a decade or more back!

Brag: Milan got notification yesterday that he's qualified for his third year apprentice electrician - so awesome! Now he'll have to wait to see when he can get to school for the next level - it probably won't be for a while (a year?) because there are limited spots and only one location it's done - thankfully, it's here in our city!

I hope you get some relief from your menstral pain and unpredictability! Congratulations to Milan! Sounds like a fine person all around!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Oh had a productive lunch hour. Went to Foodland and bought 2 x $25 Mark's GC's - Received 70 Airmiles (35 each) Will take GC to Mark's with spend $50 save $10 coupon and replace my tank tops that are years old and on sale for $12 for 2 I think it is (like half price!!) Will get every colour and 2 black and 2 white )
    I always say, when you find a piece of clothing or shoes that you like, BUY EVERY COLOUR! Good for you with your frugal shop!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Had ultrasound. Tech said baby is measuring consistently for 32 weeks (which I am) I won't get formal results until my next apt. This appeases my mind until then bc they would have had to let me know if there was anything concerning ASAP.

I checked my records for the other two. I measured 2 cm less for first and 1 cm less for second when compared to gestational weeks. Right now I am measuring 4 cm less, but I have been operating at full tilt, probably have a roomy uterus thanks to #2 and teach gym 3 times a week which I wasn't doing before (someone else taught my gym the last two pregnancies) and I do the stretches and core building activities with the classes.
    Glad to hear your good news! You are one busy mommy!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Got a ton done yesterday, I have the bases of my presentations laid out, manged to get some dishes done, Mom was off last week and did some baking and cooking but well the dishes did not get done, got some done but not all, will hopefully get the rest done today. I also did a batch of pizza dough and potato dough for the freezer for later use. Also made a batch of waffles for the freezer,

Today I want to make another batch of potato dough, finish the dishes, thinking of making some potato salad, as well as prep what I need for lunches this week. I also need to do more work on my presentations.

I need to look at our grocery budget and were we stand, it looks like there are a few things we need that I was not aware of. There are a few things we need to get this week so hopefully there is room in the budget.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Andit hope you feel better soon.

On our cruise we had a swan on our bed
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Andit Hope you feel better soon

On our cruise we had a swan on the bed

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

I can't believe just how much sleep I'm getting - I average 4-5 hrs a night, I don't think I've spent that many hours awake since I got home. Sheesh. None of my usual tricks are working (can't take any meds, no one said anything about hot toddies ), so it's going to be a slow process. Blech.

On the plus side, I think the short but wide one has forgiven me. He pulled some of my clothes out of the hamper and made himself a bed beside mine (apparently all the beds, baskets and boxes are not enough ).

Still working on getting better - ears are still blocked. Sheesh, I might not be able to hear the plaintive cries of the starving roommates.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

PS For those who've been on cruises, did you ever have to share your cabin with stowaways?

Name:  P1090193.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  466.1 KB

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information