User Tag List

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Crochetlady hope all is going well
    I`m doing ok...just wish I had more energy. Keep hoping the B12 will do its magic. Went for my monthly blood work this morning. Do they really need that much blood? Thank goodness the next 2 are due at the same time.
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, all!

So grateful that today will be cooler than yesterday's 31 - there was no breeze til late evening, so it was really hot in the house! Still it was hard for me to get to sleep because it was hot in the bedroom, even with a fan blasting.

Our son is coming over again tonight for supper - three in a row, yay for me, lol!

Not sure how frugal the following is - but it is what it is...

A man who works as an engineer for the same company as my husband opened a natural meat (halal) shop this week. Yesterday, my husband came home with lots of beef. Odd how it came, just meat in bags - not tagged, except for a sheet with the parts circled - and, gah, my husband didn't remember which all of the cuts were... so we did our best guessing. He paid a straight per kg price for all the boneless beef - which ranges from huge steaks to tenderloin to roasts. It all looked really good and fresh, so we'll see. Trying the steaks out tonight.

Hope everyone has a dazzling day!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

,Good Morning,

Just called bell re: humming on my phone line had same issue last month and it's back. This has been an ongoing issue for the last 10 years...yep 10 years, has been great for the last year and then it has started up again in May. The 1st technician told me I needed a new phone which was bs, purchased new phone to confirm my thoughts not the phone itself. Called again as I didn't have any dial tone for 3 days which is how long it took them to sent a cable guy which fixed the problem until it rained last week and of course it has been raining here for the last 2 days so anyways, they are sending out someone tomorrow between 8am and NOON and have credited my account $29.28 which I requested and definitely appreciate . So time will tell if they problem people come out tomorrow, I kept saying I need the cable guy and asked that notes be made to say that it happens when it's wet/raining etc and that the problem is not at my home but quite a piece from my home where all the phone lines tie into a cable box of sorts.

Chicken drumbsticks are thawing for supper, I'm thinking shake n' bake as it's supposed to rain all day and I don't want to get drenched.

Nothing much else planned other than a few odds and ends and working on the window frame in Jaden's room.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone. Have been off SC for over a week. Had quite the hectic week at work last week. Had to print off over 1000 architectural drawings x 2...Ugh!! That almost killed me. Then on Friday morning I woke up and felt fine but by the time I got to work, I got the chills. Got progressively worse as the day went on and by 1 p.m. I went home. Thank God I did because by the time I got home I was puking all afternoon as well as severe diarrhea (sorry, TMI)....felt horrible all weekend but back to work yesterday. Now poor DH has it and is at home in bed. I feel horrible that I gave it to him and oh dear he's such a little baby (and I mean that in a cute and adorable way) when he's sick. He just wants to be hugged all the time. Breaks my heart but I have to be at work. Hopefully the day will go by fast today so I can go home and take care of him. Hope you all have a great day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Took the day off today . Made egg mcmuffins for breakfast. Dropped kid at school. Went to Walmart and Marks while out that way. And I got a SCOP! Reg 18.97 sign said $10. Rang in wrg. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  198.4 KB

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

I seem to be having a one-step forward, 2 steps back kinda day. I think it has to do with sleeping without a pillow (we won't mention the name of the clingy roommate who stole my pillows while I slept, something he's never done before ).

Brats are still getting back into the swing of things (the short one is getting slightly less wide with each day thanks to the diet he is reluctantly on ) and the tall one is still unhappy she is no longer going for long walks in the middle of the night (she likes to convince my Mom that the best walks occur at 3am - mostly cause that's when the grass is freshly covered with dew and yummy, sigh).

Unfortunately, I've run out of soup (my Mommy made a big pot of it for me last week & sent me home well stocked ), so I actually have to cook for myself (I can't make soup that tastes anywhere near as good ). Sheesh, I went from eating, ahem, non-stop on vacation to barely eating this past week, guess I have to get back to normal sometime (it still hurts to swallow, blech, so not sure what dinner will entail). I suspect I'll have a couple of assistants in the kitchen.

Off to snack on some crackers for now. Well, we'll see how many of them I get to eat.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Chicken sautéed in pan for dinner. ( unless boys both want to go to Kelsey's. $10 meal deals and I have GC from my birthday. ). It never works that we can all together and tonight may work so if so the chicken will be for tomorrow nights dinner. Cleaned kitchen. It's garbage day so trying to put junk out as i clean. Cleaned one bathroom so far. Never ending

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit I think perhaps you might want to get checked out as it's been quite a few days that you're feeling icky, just a passing thought. Hope you can eat and build your strength back up.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama nice scop and very useful too

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

double post
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Jun 9th, 2015 at 12:35 PM.
    Andit, avoncallingu and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Finished up our grocery shopping last night only took 4 stores but finally found vanilla yogurt so Mom is happy. She will call today about my moldy tub as apparently they cannot process my complaint off the email alone. We should be good on groceries for the week now (oh how I hope). I cleaned up the grocery budget on Sunday and are at a surplus of $20, not a lot but anything with positive sign in front of it I am game for at this point.

I think I have paid our last "surprise" bill or so I hope. So hopefully everything will level out now for me. We have managed to reduce a few bills (cable, tv and home phone has gone down, our condo fee just dropped and when we renew our mortgage our payments will also go down) hopefully this will offset some of the ones that keep going up.

Not much getting done around the house since we were out last night and I have my presentations tomorrow so tonight may be a write off. I have no issues speaking in front of crowds including those in positions above me but speaking in front of my Dad gets me. Last month I was fine many of managers questioned me I was fine but the moment Dad questioned me well I completely froze up and had to try to recoup pretty quickly.

Time to get back to work Israel is calling me (not literally today) but they are waiting for some info. Have a good day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka enjoy your son's visit and supper together but don't over due it, I'm glad you're having steak I know you have been wanting it for quite sometime

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka enjoy your son's visit and supper together but don't over due it, I'm glad you're having steak I know you have been wanting it for quite sometime

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@toronto166 glad to hear you're feeling better hopefully your snuggle bug will feel better shortly.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Yup, they are marinating now - I've got to get some extra iron with all that I'm going through, so I'll make something with spinach as well.

About Milan - I told him these meals can be 'eat and run' - that he doesn't have to stay and visit each evening, but sometimes he says vegging out here is better - plus we have the cats, lol!

Andi - wondering if what you have may be from your cruise.... I know they can be a breeding ground for the type of sickie you are describing. Hope you are better soon!

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information