User Tag List

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hope this week is a better one for you Natalka.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone has a better day/week. Cleaned and washed all the bed sheets yesterday. So nice to crawl into a bed with fresh sheets. Youngest cleaned his room yesterday. I even had him sort his pjs and clothing (too small/don't wear etc) So I have pile to rip up into rags (not good enough to donate) We made pasta last night with garlic bread. Homemade sauce pulled from the freezer. Tonight DS has baseball and it's an away game so will be grabbing something quick to eat and go. Brought all my food for the day at work so I won't starve (cream of wheat! Bought some on Sat Haven't had in ages. Peach, watermelon, strawberries. a boiled egg lol and pasta for lunch ) Will be updating my budget since I did some spending on the weekend (groceries lol). I really loaded us up on fruit (my oldest is in heaven) Pineapple, strawberries ($1.88 at FB) , peaches (.99 LB at FB) Watermelon ($2.97 RCSS lastweek)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Natalka-it is 2015 and I don't think you need to suffer so long and be confined to your house. I am sure your doctor( or a new doctor if necessary) can prescribe medicine to help and check to see that you are not becoming anemic. I was working full time at the time I went through this( late 40's) and was not willing to have my quality of life so badly impacted. Had a hysterectomy which was the right decision for me-but there are drugs that I think can help you too. Good luck and I hope things can be resolved for you my friend.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Sorry you`re feeling so miserable Nat. As Lizzie said, there must be something that can be done.
    As for your SIL, if she gives you any grief tell her to take a hike. You couldn`t help being sick.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka I feel so badly for you, I think it's time to go to the doctor's and see what can be done in the end the final choice is yours but hopefully some new meds or recommendations can't hurt (hugs). I can only imagine how disappointing it was for you to miss the wedding but I don't see how you could have enjoyed yourself with all that is going on enjoy the photos.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

I'm getting tired of the rainy mornings (so is Lily dog). I had planned on doing a few errands this morning, but it's too wet & gloomy. Maybe this afternoon. Unless the jealous bf insists on sleeping on my foot.

Better go squish the brats. And organize some papers (there seems no end of such chores, maybe the short one will help me ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

http://www.save.ca/savingsmadedelicious/coupons

New freebie posted in the freebies section!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-off to the bank to cash some cheque 20.50 from snapsaves and 7.99 from top gear deodorant (gee I would never pay that )they covered the taxes and stamp too
    -I am saving this cash to see if I can cover a nice chunk of this wedding we are going to in august 28.49 so far

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon All,
    It is Monday, the good new is that my throat no longer hurts but now I am congested and I think I sound funny.

I have so much I want to get done tonight but I am so tired I am just not sure it is going to happen. I did not sleep well and now all I want it a nap.

Only time will tell what gets done tonight. I am hoping to get a few things done food wise for the week and hoping to tidy up a bit.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    http://www.save.ca/savingsmadedelicious/coupons

New freebie posted in the freebies section!
    Thanks so very much, was able to get one!

So many thanks to all of you - you have to realize I wrote that post very early this morning, with no sleep...

I have been on medication to stabilize my hormones, to make my periods come monthly.
    I had a transvaginal ultrasound, however it showed no abnormal thickening of the uterine lining, so therefore a D&C was not indicated.

The other thing suggested was to get a Mirena IUD, which I considered - but after much research and other consultation, decided to not - just too many risks with it. So then, yes, I 'deserve' what I get since I didn't go with that... but I hope people don't think that way. Actually the hope was that I was close to menopause, so wouldn't have to put up with this very long...

Enough of this all.... on with the day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well Nat it sounds like you have explored your options. I often think( but I may be wrong) that if men had to go through what you are and have things like mammograms done, better solutions would rapidly be found!! I simply can't imagine men lining up to have their private parts compressed in a machine!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My daughter has been using that IUD for about 7 years. she can't cant use conventional birth control due to a clotting problem she has inherited. It has been a good choice for her but it has not gone without issues, and the beast part is she has little to no periods, she just had an inter-vaginal ultrasound to find the damn thing and the doctor says it is going to be a challenge to remove it, she has also has periods of pain but all in all the good outweighed the bad for sure. I understand your reluctance to use it.
    , I have heard some horror stories for sure.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Jun 15th, 2015 at 02:23 PM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm glad the weekend is over. It seems like there's so much pressure to get everything done on the weekend. Funny, isn't it? Everyone is supposed to look forward to the weekend.

Saturday was horrible. I lost my car keys somewhere between the parking lot of the grocery store and a shopping mall across the street. I asked at the grocery store CS desk, the mall grocery CS, the mall security, guest services, and CT, left my name with all of them and thought about checking the cart return (which was where I thought I lost it since it didn't turn up anywhere else). A few hours of walking, knowing DH's cellphone was less than 20% and beeping at me, carrying meat and vegetables in the hot sun is not my idea of a good time!

I felt especially crummy when the receptionist at the dealership wished me a nice day. I called frantically wanting to know what my options were. Thankfully, within the two hours, the grocery store called to tell me to check with them again and my keys had been turned in by the supervisor.

What a horrible feeling! I felt even worse knowing LO would have been up from her nap and I wasn't home to greet her for several hours.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hey, Sweet Sparrow. I know the feeling! and I'm so glad you reconnected with your keys. I lost my purse (actually, I thought I'd lost it but found it) a few months ago and I felt such panic. You don't know how much of your life is carried around on a strap or on a key chain until, that is, you lose all access to it. Then it's like losing access to your own life and who you are. I cannot tell you how careful I've been with the darned thing ever since. Just like you are with your keys, I bet.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Hey, Sweet Sparrow. I know the feeling! and I'm so glad you reconnected with your keys. I lost my purse (actually, I thought I'd lost it but found it) a few months ago and I felt such panic. You don't know how much of your life is carried around on a strap or on a key chain until, that is, you lose all access to it. Then it's like losing access to your own life and who you are. I cannot tell you how careful I've been with the darned thing ever since. Just like you are with your keys, I bet.
    @wendymac welcome to the thread

Once while shopping at Walmart I turned to get something out of the freezer section only to discover my purse was gone, instant panic - ended up a lady left her cart with her items and took mine in error......geez....I felt like with heart was in my throat, I now have a purse that goes over my head so I won't put it down.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information