User Tag List

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow how awful, glad things turned out
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley glad to hear your starting to feel a little better

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    http://www.save.ca/savingsmadedelicious/coupons

New freebie posted in the freebies section!
    thanks got it but I have to whine (lol) I hate the 1 day coupons BUT grateful they are available and thanks again @sweet sparrow for mentioning

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Supper tonight is homemade chicken fingers (enough for 2 meals) and chicken fried rice
    Chicken $5.75, 4 cups of rice $1, 1 pkg of chicken fried rice seasoning $1 = $7.75
    $7.75 for chicken fingers for 2 meals and chicken fried rice for 2 meals = $3.86 per meal...yippee....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went out got a few deals at forinos and points
    -schneiders hams a few were 4.49 they expire june 30-the others were 11.99-gonn have my son or for supper on tuesday with his family
    -oh and a huge bag of reduced bananas .99
    -supper delissio frozen pizza 3.99

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

The night before our get together I get the list of dietary restrictions for our guests. I will do my best to accommodate, but I am not going to worry. This will be my last get together with this family...unless there is a miracle attitude change by them. I am preparing what I am comfortable and if it is not low sugar enough for them, oh well. It is not like I feed my kids sour keys, but I am sure the BBQ sauce I am using for meatballs would be considered high sugar. 😁
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    The night before our get together I get the list of dietary restrictions for our guests. I will do my best to accommodate, but I am not going to worry. This will be my last get together with this family...unless there is a miracle attitude change by them. I am preparing what I am comfortable and if it is not low sugar enough for them, oh well. It is not like I feed my kids sour keys, but I am sure the BBQ sauce I am using for meatballs would be considered high sugar. 
    Hells bells @Granger a list of dietary restrictions, that's ridiculous, they should be grateful to be invited and if their dietary restrictions are that bad they should have declined your invitation. Good luck & very kind of you and your family, hope your dinner guests are polite and grateful for the bounty & company

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well went out got a few deals at forinos and points
    -schneiders hams a few were 4.49 they expire june 30-the others were 11.99-gonn have my son or for supper on tuesday with his family
    -oh and a huge bag of reduced bananas .99
    -supper delissio frozen pizza 3.99
    great deals, I love ham...drool

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Meal plan as follows for the week -

Sunday past - 2x Delissio pizza @$3.33 = $6.66
    Monday - Chicken fingers (2 meals) & Chicken fried rice (2 meals) = $3.86 a meal
    Tuesday - Pork chops $5.75 w/ scalloped potatoes .99 = 6.75 (should be enough for dh to 1 lunch with leftovers lol)
    Wednesday - leftover chicken fingers for the kiddos AND moose steak subs
    Thursday - pork & moose burgers
    Friday - grilled cheeses as we are heading away for the weekend
    Saturday - bbq chicken drumsticks & macaroni salad
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Jun 15th, 2015 at 06:35 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Thanks Jasperandchar! Much appreciated. Isn't it strange how a bit of empathy makes everything easier to epxerience. Yeah, I went a bit crazy what with the hyperventilating and all...but I found my purse in the barn, of all places. We'd parked the car there and I needed to handle the dog getting out -- he's getting older -- so I put down my purse. I was really lucky to find it because sometimes I don't go into the barn for days on end, especially in winter, and, even when I do, it is not like I glance around for anything I've left there.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Thanks Jasperandchar! Much appreciated. Isn't it strange how a bit of empathy makes everything easier to epxerience. Yeah, I went a bit crazy what with the hyperventilating and all...but I found my purse in the barn, of all places. We'd parked the car there and I needed to handle the dog getting out -- he's getting older -- so I put down my purse. I was really lucky to find it because sometimes I don't go into the barn for days on end, especially in winter, and, even when I do, it is not like I glance around for anything I've left there.
    what breed of dog? You're welcome!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    The night before our get together I get the list of dietary restrictions for our guests. I will do my best to accommodate, but I am not going to worry. This will be my last get together with this family...unless there is a miracle attitude change by them. I am preparing what I am comfortable and if it is not low sugar enough for them, oh well. It is not like I feed my kids sour keys, but I am sure the BBQ sauce I am using for meatballs would be considered high sugar. 
    Oh for heaven sake who does that?? Unless they will go into anaphlyaxis over a food, zip it and be gracious. I am thinking a round of maple syrup milkshakes is in order.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Oh for heaven sake who does that?? Unless they will go into anaphlyaxis over a food, zip it and be gracious. I am thinking a round of maple syrup milkshakes is in order.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

With July just around the corner I really need to start thinking of easy meals to prep ahead & cook at the cottage, I always find it so difficult to maneuver at the cottage with no running water, no functioning stove and guys who are meat eaters....grr....Started to pin recipes to boards. I love to bbq no pots & pans but we all really love flavourful food so I see a lot of marinating in my future for kabobs, chicken breasts, etc w/ side dishes being a rotation of salads made at home .

I also want to continue to try and do the $5 suppers, however, with 2 young men home I think my grocery expenses will increase and not decrease like other lucky scers.

So the family reunion that dh is organizing is fast approaching, I need to figure out what I will be making, it's a pot luck, however, there always seems to be the odd folks that show up with nothing (I don't know if it's because they forsee not staying for the meal but then decided to stay a little later.....) and we don't know how many are coming and I don't want to be embarrassed with a lack of food. I

n previous years dh used to have his College classmates up for a potluck and 1 year a bunch of neighbours showed up unexpectantly and for some reason thought they were invited (who knows) regardless I was so embarrassed because we didn't have enough food, us 4 did without so that strangers could eat, I kept taking things out of our fridge because people were asking if there were more food (which I thought was rude), I was upset because 18 extra showed who were not invited or perhaps dh extended an invitation without thinking they would show. What happened is the aging parents told there 3 adult kids with spouses & kids and 1 group had friends visiting who also had 2 kids.....you get the picture - not enough food so I don't want a repeat as there are no grocery stores close (1 hour away is the closest) so no running for extra supplies.

I had to laugh MIL was over yesterday and said she was making the cheapest thing she could make - fried rice (not chicken fried rice) rice - she said it's cheap & it's easy . My mother in law doesn't cook unless she has to and even then calls a salad a supper (no protein) such salad . But I am grateful that she is brining something.

So are there are ANY etiquette rules for hosting a potluck in your opinion????

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I did ask for dietary restrictions, but that was over a week ago! My friend is bringing her own meal (her restrictions are the most severe) I am just hoping that what I serve is considered edible in her eyes for the rest of her family.

My other guidelines are no cow's milk, strawberries and low sugar (plus my DD who is gluten free). I was going to pick up strawberries because I live in a fruit belt and they are so fresh and seasonal this time of year...now no dessert. M&M sirloin meatballs and sauce, lettuce salad and homemade dressing, gluten free rolls. She is bringing gluten free pasta and fruit. I told her she did no have to bring anything (they hosted us for four days when we visited in BC 5 years ago!)

So if you want my etiquette rules for a potluck...hostess calls the shots and follow them! Be timely with your replies. An invitation is for you, not for you and your cousin's uncle's dog.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information