• 1 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By annedougherty
  • 2 Post By GoJays
  • 1 Post By anisa

Thread: Concrete Driveway

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi has anyone ever had a concrete driveway done? What is the cost of an average size driveway with just standard 4 inch concrete? I feel like I might be getting ripped off. They want around $10 000 for just a standard concrete driveway and wiremesh reinforcement. I live in Ontario Canada if that matters. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can't tell you about concrete, but for comparison's sake, we're having our driveway paved this summer (and it's a long one!), plus concrete work to level off our front steps, $8200 all in.
    Did you get multiple quotes? We had about 5 quotes before we chose one.
    Also, do NOT pay everything up front!!!!
    greeny and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

10,000 doesnt sound way off. About 5 yrs ago on the west coast it was about that much for a 4 car driveway. I wpuld def. Get multiple quotes.
    greeny likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

You absolutely have to get multiple quotes , but we inquired about just the concrete walkway in front of the house to get a ballpark number. Around 2k for a walkway, so the 10k sounds about right lol.
    greeny likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yep, that doesn't sound far off. I was talking to a neighbor a couple of years ago and asked about his stamped concrete driveway. He said for the driveway (two car width) and a small patio in the back cost him $15 000. I nearly had a heart attack.
    anisa and greeny like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you all for answering. I have only had 2 quotes yet but was just shocked by the prices lol. Yes, will definitely get more quotes but having trouble getting people to answer their phones ! Must be a busy time of year for concrete companies. Once again, thank you !

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have noticed that most driveways in ON are blacktop, and thought maybe it was because concrete would crack easier with all the freezing and thawing.
    greeny likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    I have noticed that most driveways in ON are blacktop, and thought maybe it was because concrete would crack easier with all the freezing and thawing.
    It depends what part of Ontario you are talking about. In the GTA most people seem to use the black top driveways (they are cheaper) but you have to re-do it every 2 years or so. The area I'm in, the whole neighbourhood has concrete driveways. I guess it really just depends on where you live.

Thread Information