User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By BC Gal
  • 2 Post By Lynn49

Thread: Okay, shellac nail polish gone, nails are not in top shape....help?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello...I can't have any polish on for my surgery next week, so I've taken off the shellac polish I had put on me, and of course my nails are a mess....is there a polish or strengthener that anyone here has used to bring them back to life? I just know they're going to be chipping until they're all gone!! I can't have anything on for the surgery, so.....Help?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    BC Gal and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I've been working on getting mine better using JR Watkins hand & cuticle salve, and Revlon treat & boost polish. They seem to be getting better. The Watkins stuff is a bit greasy but has made a big difference imo.
    Lynn49 and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry lynn, i can't be of any help about this but i do have a question about it. What did shellac polish did to your nails? I have never had a shellac manicure/pedicure. I want to have a shellac polish but your post tells me that it's not very good for nails. Right?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Sorry lynn, i can't be of any help about this but i do have a question about it. What did shellac polish did to your nails? I have never had a shellac manicure/pedicure. I want to have a shellac polish but your post tells me that it's not very good for nails. Right?
    Hi, Amira...I love shellac polish.......and most of the time I just keep going in and having it done. So it's not an issue. But yes, I do find that when I take breaks from it, it does take a little while and TLC to get them back into shape. I took the polish off yesterday (you soak in acetone and don't get scared, I only use acetone to remove any polish...it's fast, easy, cheap, one or two swipes with a tissue, then wash with soap and water...polish remover is an expensive gimmick)....anyway, today, after buffing yesterday and applying two coats of a nail strengthener I had here, and to look at them, they look normal. But it takes filing and buffing to get them back.
    When I'm well enough after surgery, I'll be going in and getting shellac polish again. I love that my nails are SO shiny, chip-free until I decide to go in again. Try it.....but you may get addicted...
    anisa and amira84 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try using some coconut oil to massage your fingers/nails

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It is nothing more than regular polish for me, I already have thin nails, so sorry no advice on the nails.

However, Thank you Lynn for the acetone info. I have been too scared to try it but I think I will take the plunge!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Thread Information