User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Free Product Coupons and Air Miles

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've only been collecting Airmiles for a few months now, but now that I'm getting the hang of things I have a few questions.

I have 28 Free Stouffers Entree Certificates...

1. I'm just wondering if anyone ever saw an offer at Metro or Foodland (stores available to me locally) that awarded X amount of Air miles when you buy X amount of stouffers entree's? It occurs to me that would probably be the best way to get the most Air Miles in return. Similar to how I recently bought 6 packaged of Jumbo Juicies for 75 Airmiles.
    2. And can you even use free product coupons in such a fashion to pay zero dollers yet still get rewarded for Airmile promo's.
    3. And if It's a fail on item 1 and 2... I suppose it's also a fail on 20x points promotions if your actual dollars spent is 0?

I have till march 2016 before the certificates expire.. so I got a bit of time for the perfect storm.

Thanks,
    Poobs
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Foodland, Metro
    macw1960 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Not totally unrelated but I use my Lean Cuisine FPCs when I have bonus PC points offer so I get them for free and get points back.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am no longer certain poobah because I just don't shop at Metro enough anymore. One thing I did see in their flyer though was this AM bonus offer, so IF those FPC's somehow got counted as $$ spent, the bonus could kick in maybe??
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    macw1960 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I've shopped at Metro with FPCs and received the bonus points. As long as your total before coupons is above the minimum spend for bonus AM, they show up right away.

I typically give my coupons at the end so I can be sure it's over the minimum. Once, I had an item that scanned as below the shelf price and I had to pick up something else.
    macw1960 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Yes if you ever see an offer where you can X air miles for buying one, that would be the best time to use it.

The machine at Metro (I think Sobeys too), doesn't know what the FPC is for and will give you the promo
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay guys... Thank you.

I'm going to try and hold out.. If anyone see's anything... Give me a shout.

macw1960 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Poobah , I find the best value for those in Ontario is at Rexall if you have one around with Stouffer's products. You may want to recheck the fine print on those coupons, the ones expired December 31, 2014 all said one per customer, which meant you could only use two per transaction ie. one LC, one Stouffers.

I don't ever remember a product airmiles bonus on Stouffer's at Metro (since those redemption coupons started anyway). Other common choice is PCPlus. If you buy one lean cuisine there, you will get product bonus offers forever lol. I think I have 800 pts for $7 Stouffers at pcplus this week. Not a great offer but sometimes you can get personal pcplus offers on top of store offers, I've done this a number of times in the past.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    @Poobah, I find the best value for those in Ontario is at Rexall if you have one around with Stouffer's products. You may want to recheck the fine print on those coupons, the ones expired December 31, 2014 all said one per customer, which meant you could only use two per transaction ie. one LC, one Stouffers.

I don't ever remember a product airmiles bonus on Stouffer's at Metro (since those redemption coupons started anyway). Other common choice is PCPlus. If you buy one lean cuisine there, you will get product bonus offers forever lol. I think I have 800 pts for $7 Stouffers at pcplus this week. Not a great offer but sometimes you can get personal pcplus offers on top of store offers, I've done this a number of times in the past.
    I didn't think of Rexall... And yes you are correct only one per transaction, however every time I used them at shoppers in the past they always put them all through on one transaction. (otherwise I'd make them do 28 transactions in a row, and who want's to do that? lol).

Anyway I'll have to check into that. thanks.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    I didn't think of Rexall... And yes you are correct only one per transaction, however every time I used them at shoppers in the past they always put them all through on one transaction. (otherwise I'd make them do 28 transactions in a row, and who want's to do that? lol).

Anyway I'll have to check into that. thanks.
    Using FPC's at SDM gives you absolutely nothing unless they are rung in wrong!
    Last edited by macw1960; Mon, Jun 22nd, 2015 at 01:01 PM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I've tried this before at Metro and it never works whether it be spend $X get however many points or if it is buy one product get x amount of points. I was told that the store reviews the AM it gives out as to whether you qualify for them or not and every Metro I've tried it at I've never gotten the points. I brought it up with customer service before and the store manager told me that because I got the item for free I technically didn't buy it and therefore don't get the points because *I* didn't purchase anything and coupons state not to be combined with any other offers.

YMMV hopefully you have better luck then I have.
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

What is air mile anyway?
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Ive always had problems at metro but not rexall

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    macw1960 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I've shopped at Metro with FPCs and received the bonus points. As long as your total before coupons is above the minimum spend for bonus AM, they show up right away.

I typically give my coupons at the end so I can be sure it's over the minimum. Once, I had an item that scanned as below the shelf price and I had to pick up something else.
    Works at Sobey's and Foodland too.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I've never had issues at metro, I just can't be bothered to go there anymore. I use fpcs at sdm or wait until I get an offer of 10k wus $50 on my pc card.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    What is air mile anyway?
    A points program...95 AM/$10.00. Can be collected at Foodland, Sobey's, Metro, LCBO, Rona that I know of. I am sure there is a thread with information on AM's but I can't find it.
    Angela273 and Anna Michele like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information