User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Share your postive shopping stories : )

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

At lunch time today, at the cash, lady ahead of me had a 10 L jug of water in her cart. The cashier said that she needed it to scan. She walked around to the cart and took the jug before the lady could. Then the lady paid but forgot she needed some plastic bags. She fished in her wallet for the money to buy the bags. The cashier gave her the bags and told her not to worry about the money.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Whole Foods.....I had the cashier do a price check on Rice Dream 1.89L cartons as the sale tag was still on the shelf, but I was sure the sale was over.
    They rang up as regular price, but she had the customer service fellow check for me....he ran to the shelf, came back with the tags, told me the sale was over July 14th so the tags should have been pulled. He immediately told the cashier that they were "on the house" So I got 2 x $4.99 cartons free.
    It wasn't really a SCOP as the sale tags had the sale dates on it, so I was very impressed that they honored it and gave them both to me gratis.......and without any questions.
    macw1960, Shwa Girl and Arvilish like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Wish it was that common and supervisors would let go I remember working in Store where was 7.99 wub 1 party size Tostitos or 4.99 wub 2 [so basically two for one] and I was telling customers that they can get one free but then assistant supervisor told me to not do that!

There is little to NO control over may things in today economics [oh the anomie], that it is hard to even make any positive relations anymore.

EDIT: gee I sound too pessimist! But But I got free cookies last week as assistant manager told me that they were scanned wrong due to scop and I did not even asked hehehe
    Last edited by Arvilish; Fri, Jul 17th, 2015 at 08:12 PM.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

lol I am having some issues lately with my shopping for some reason.....mercury?!?! are you in retrograde these days ??

Anyway, this past Wednesday I had to take a few things back to Winners.....so I took my elderly mother with me and dropped her off at another store while I dashed to Winners. I ALWAYS check my receipt before leaving stores and this time I didn't...so of course, something went haywire.

I didn't notice until I opened up my wallet today and looked at the receipt. Instead of being credited for the two items I returned, I was also charged for six items that I have no idea where they came from as they weren't mine. So I called and asked to speak to a manager this morning.....all ready to get frustrated, but she asked for the information on the bill and said she would review the 'camera' (#yikesBigBrother)....she called me a few hours later, said I was correct and apologized for the inconvenience and trouble. Apparently she said that the person in front of me left their wallet in the car or something so they asked to suspend or cancel the transaction....and it didn't happen, so all their items appeared on my bill. I did have to go back to the store, which I had not planned to, to get the bill adjusted and reverse $95.xx charge.
    There's a fine line between the positive shopping experience and the 'rant' thread lol I am just happy that it didn't turn into a big hassle.....I thanked the manager for her quick and efficient response to the issue.
    macw1960 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    Whole Foods.....I had the cashier do a price check on Rice Dream 1.89L cartons as the sale tag was still on the shelf, but I was sure the sale was over.
    They rang up as regular price, but she had the customer service fellow check for me....he ran to the shelf, came back with the tags, told me the sale was over July 14th so the tags should have been pulled. He immediately told the cashier that they were "on the house" So I got 2 x $4.99 cartons free.
    It wasn't really a SCOP as the sale tags had the sale dates on it, so I was very impressed that they honored it and gave them both to me gratis.......and without any questions.
    Yes it is a SCOP as the price rang in was higher than the posted price and it is not your fault they forgot to take the sign down.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Yes it is a SCOP as the price rang in was higher than the posted price and it is not your fault they forgot to take the sign down.
    Well.....I had two identical cartons, so they shouldn't have given me both free. And the tag clearly stated the sale ended July 14th....however, I wasn't going to complain : D
    macw1960 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    Well.....I had two identical cartons, so they shouldn't have given me both free. And the tag clearly stated the sale ended July 14th....however, I wasn't going to complain : D
    You are right about only getting one free but different UPC's count for SCOP's. It still does not matter about the sign.
    Last edited by macw1960; Mon, Jul 20th, 2015 at 07:28 AM.
    GoddessDigi and Shwa Girl like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information