User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zonny

Thread: Daycare do you pay for the holidays?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If you send your child to daycare, if paying weekly do you also pay for the statutory holidays when the daycare is closed?
    Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do not have kids but know co workers with their kids in daycare and the major local daycare has Stat Holidays included in the monthly or weekly fees. Home Daycares are different and all seem to depend on the provider, most around here have it included in your contract if you will or won't pay for Holidays.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Of all the daycares I've visited, they all say the rate is calculated taking into account all the holidays throughout the year. Some of them even make you pay if you take your kid out for two weeks on vacation.

Our current one even charges for PA days they make up (non-statuatory).

The home daycares may not charge you, but if your area is in high demand, I wouldn't be surprised if they charged a fee to "hold a spot" for your child during vacations.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Our centre preschool charges a percentage for each stat holiday.

My son is only at the centre for 2 days each week so we pay less than someone who has a child in every day (5 days per week).

Bills are given out at the end of each month for the next month and are expected to be paid by the 1st. The extra holiday fee is added and highlighted so you know why it's a bit more than usual.

I think we pay an additional $17 per stat holiday (the centre is closed on all stat holidays).

HTH

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Of all the daycares I've visited, they all say the rate is calculated taking into account all the holidays throughout the year. Some of them even make you pay if you take your kid out for two weeks on vacation.

Our current one even charges for PA days they make up (non-statuatory).

The home daycares may not charge you, but if your area is in high demand, I wouldn't be surprised if they charged a fee to "hold a spot" for your child during vacations.
    Our morning sitter is in-home, and she does charge for our vacations. If she is closed, then we don't pay.

After school is at a centre, you pay whether the kid goes or not.
    Angela273 likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The large Daycare in town here gives you so many "sick" days where your child can be absent and you do not pay but this is only available for Full Time, Part Time get alternative days if space is available where if you child misses a day you can bring them on a day they do not normally go but it is space permitting.

In home Day Cares in the area all depend, honestly a lot of our in home Day Cares used to work in the Large Daycare or at the one at our High School which was shut down a couple years ago and most of them use the same rules as it is kind of seen as the standard in town. There are others that do not but in most cases they do not have the same qualifications and are doing this hoping to bring in business. I know some try to come in in the middle that if you give notice, some are 2 weeks some are 1 month they will not charge for vacations but do charge for sick days. So it does all really depend on the Daycare but I would say here most of most qualified Daycare do charge a flat rate which includes Holidays and Sick Days
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Our centre based preschool charges you whether your child attends or not. If they are sick, take the day off, or go on vacation you are still charged your regular rate. They do allow full time students to take a one week vacation (5 days away to be taken all at once) each calendar year without being charged (this does not apply to part-time students or the before/after school program).

Our centre is closed on all Statutory holidays so if it's a day your child usually attends then you're charged the Stat. fee percentage instead of your usual daily rate (and your child misses a day). If it's a day your child doesn't attend the centre, you are charged the Stat. fee percentage in addition to your other daily rates.
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Wed, Jun 24th, 2015 at 09:04 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

it all depends on the contract you signed and what you agreeded to
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Thread Information