User Tag List

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Avon: we were camping on lake Erie last night and watching the moon rise was just stunning. Hopefully it really is a healing moon. DH and the younger child are still there and we will return after work Friday. I had a client meeting I could not get out of.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked up the diapers from the woman with twin boys. She had an entire box of Kirkland diapers, plus over 1/2 a box of Pampers diapers. She gave me 244 diapers, size 1 and 2. It's been an awesome day for unexpected free diapers. I got 15 newborn diapers delivered to my house by another lady. One other lady has 40 newborn diapers for me, but I'm not sure when I will be getting them from her. I have a lot of size 1 diapers in the nursery closet, I kept receipts to a few of the packages that I had purchased brand new...just in case I need to return or exchange them. A large amount of the size 1 diapers I was able to pick up for good prices from other moms on the same baby garage sale Facebook page this spring.

For those not familiar with diaper sizing, there is an overlap in the size ranges of diapers.
    Newborn = up to 10lbs
    Size 1 = 8-14lbs
    Size 2 = 12-18lbs

A lot of the diaper requirements will depend on the size of the twins at birth and how quickly they grow afterwards. Our LO was born weighing 6lbs 12.5oz, but it took him 4 months before he reached 14lbs. We had to keep buying him newborn diapers because he was long and skinny (21.25" at birth).

There is a lady coming into Estevan tomorrow that is selling fresh garden radishes for $1/lb. I'm getting 2lbs from her, as long as my doctor's appointment doesn't take too long and stop me from meeting up with her.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I forgot to add that after LO and I had a nap this afternoon (his was much longer than mine), I got a little work done in the kitchen. Washed up the dishes again, we have never had a dishwasher in this house. I baked chicken thighs in the oven. Had those with Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes, sliced tomato with salt and pepper, home made pickled beets (from dh's co-worker), and a big glass of milk. LO had a great time helping me measure to make some oatmeal chocolate chip squares, which were ready to go into the oven as soon as the chicken thighs came out for supper.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So very lucky you are getting all those diapers, Angela, it's wonderful!

Our son was 8 lbs 3 oz, he looked like such a brute next to the littler ones - but he was never fat, just big.

Gee, it's gotten really really hot in here this evening - not impressed.
    I was hoping that tonight I would actually sleep the night, but that may not be so. I've been up the last two nights overnight, gah.

Because I am having trouble with my leg, my sweet husband went shopping this evening - used up lots of coupons and several rainchecks; he's learned so much and is usually very good about it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

And, yup, no sleep, I"ve been up - and I didn't nap yesterday.
    Combo of heat and pain, I think.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    I could so happy dance that it is Friday, so ready for this week to be over. I know it was a short week but it felt LONG. I am currently sitting here and can hear them sweeping the Shad Flies off my office, I am so over Shad Fly season worst is the fact they smell.

We did our shopping last week and came in at $30 so far. I had only wanted to spent $12 to $15 on Pork Roasts but we ended up getting 2 and spending just under $20. I spent around $10 at Wal-Mart and got cucumbers, Salad Dressing, Milk and some chips to go with the Burgers we were having for dinner. We still need to get Eggs, Wal-Mart had no Large Eggs and Freshco only has one stack and all of the top boxes were smashed and I did not even want to try to look for a good pack, it was quite gross with egg everywhere. I am really hoping to not spend anymore and we can add $20 to our grocery surplus.

Time to get back to work, have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning All,
    I could so happy dance that it is Friday, so ready for this week to be over. I know it was a short week but it felt LONG. I am currently sitting here and can hear them sweeping the Shad Flies off my office, I am so over Shad Fly season worst is the fact they smell.

We did our shopping last week and came in at $30 so far. I had only wanted to spent $12 to $15 on Pork Roasts but we ended up getting 2 and spending just under $20. I spent around $10 at Wal-Mart and got cucumbers, Salad Dressing, Milk and some chips to go with the Burgers we were having for dinner. We still need to get Eggs, Wal-Mart had no Large Eggs and Freshco only has one stack and all of the top boxes were smashed and I did not even want to try to look for a good pack, it was quite gross with egg everywhere. I am really hoping to not spend anymore and we can add $20 to our grocery surplus.

Time to get back to work, have a great day everyone.
    You can save more on these purchases by submitting the cucumber for CO51 & the milk to Zweet.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yesterday I was on the go and kept busy shopping at SDM seniors days, taking my Mum out for groceries and doing speech therapy with one of the twins. Today will be quieter and 30 degrees. Laundry is done, need to drop Mum's hearing aid off for service nearby and pick up an Rx for me. DD is off to work and DH and I will have a quiet day at home-at least that is the plan.

My sister Skyped me from Buenos Aries last night-they have been there apt hunting and found a nice place-they will be home on Monday to pack up and then will return for work by Aug 1. DD and I may go for a visit mid Jan depending on her exam schedule. I have applied for a couple of credit cards with bonus miles offers( which I don't need) but I think it will add enough miles to get two free tickets to BA-I am all about free!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Jul 3rd, 2015 at 09:39 AM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

At ultrasound. Then going to eye apt. Had a contact get lost last week and eye has been irritated since. This morning it was red so I made an apt. If I weren't preggers I probably would by over the counter drops but I know I have to be careful be some have steroids.

DH is bringing girls to work at church with him and I will pick them up after my apts. We will head home for some chores and rest before meeting family at a park for a picnic dinner (DH is working tonight, SR high ministry).

Day will be done before I know it.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Ended up doing laundry last night and actually got most of it put away! Which means I don't have to think about it till next week! Even washed DS's baseball uniform. Love summer!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

today would/could be the day to shop ( if we really needed anything ) but am going to try and hold out till Mon/Tues just to see if anyone faints from starvation here. It is not likely.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Washed youngest DS's lunch bag and backpack and both are in great condition to use in September!!! Oldest's backpack is still in brand new condition and didn't need washing!! So this makes me happy! Pretty sure I don't need any school supplies either but will go through my stockpile and confirm before all the sales start. This saves me so much time and money (no shopping for school stuff during summer!)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just got done peeling 10 pounds of potatoes for salad to take to the pond party tomorrow. They`re on cooking now so when they`re cooled I will grate them. Also need to cook the eggs.

While I`m waiting for that I`m crocheting a ruffled afghan that I started last night.

Hope your leg heals quickly Nat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

LO was up bright and early again today. I slept fairly soundly, for what I did sleep. I saw my gp this morning and the twins and I are doing fine. I'll post details in my twins thread. We bought some farm grown radishes from that lady, but it took a while because she gave me the wrong street address. I also picked up the 40ct newborn diapers from the other lady for free, it was an unopened sleeve of Pampers swaddlers. Then we went to NF to get some sale items. I am stocking up some on easy to make items. I bought several $2 jars of Alfredo sauce, a couple boxes of fish sticks, etc.
    Caddle Referral Code:

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Got up bright and early and picked organic blueberries with a friend. Came home with 15 pounds ($1 per pound) - time to get them into the freezer now.

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information