User Tag List

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit hope you and the brats have a wonderful weekend being spoiled rotten (lol) @Angela273 I think you are being too hard on yourself with what you are accomplishing, you are doing so much and hosting 2 live babies and taking care of your LO so be kind and take pride in the things you do and relax and enjoy the time you have before you become of a mom of 3 little angels!!!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl hope your wrist is healing well and hope your bf is doing well

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby keep us posted on your clearance finds hope you find lots of great produce etc.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu hope all is going well, how's your dh doing these days? @Natalka hope the rash is clearing up and your leg is doing well!!! @Granger sounds like you had a delightful visit with your grandpa and sounds like you did very well at Swiss Chalet for $40 @lizzie bargain hope your daughter's toe is healing well, I couldn't imagine wearing cowboy boots ouch @lilo0003 glad the cereal arrived before the offers expired @SassyAshley hope all is going well, haven't seen you post in a few days @Crochetlady hope all is going well, I'm sure you are keeping busy with your crocheting

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon everyone,

I bedding is washed and hanging outside to dry. Did a small load of odds & ends and they are out drying as well

Supper tonight is pork loin chops $3.76 with leftover dumplings and if not enough scalloped potato @$1.00

Last nights supper was a $5 package of chicken drumsticks with homemade dumplings...yummers.

Lunch today was leftovers, we're almost caught up

Ds1 is volunteering tomorrow at the re-use it centre, he will get a drive in with FIL and we will pick him up and do some shopping

Dh & I drove to Killaloe yesterday I brought my camera and took some wonderful pictures. While out we stopped in at FOODLAND, I picked up 2 hot Mennonite peperretes with expiry dates of March 2016 so they are set aside for his Christmas stocking

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Not a frugal day yesterday - washing machine kicked the bucket...seems like a broken water pump. This machine is only 1-1/2 years old - why do they make them like garbage now a days! Anyway, a cousin is coming by again tonight to fix it with the new part - at least we know he won't overcharge.
    But on a more positive note, we had a wonderful visit with my sister/brother-in-law last night - they live so far away so we only see them occasionally. It's cooled down here finally so I've been baking. We need rain so so badly - especially for the farmers and their corn crops. Some rain is supposed to come this weekend so here is hoping for some downpours.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Agreed that we so badly need the rain!

J&C my leg is better. I'm done the meds today, but I think I'll go see the doc tomorrow because it's not completely healed.

It's decent in the house now at noon, but I really fear how horribly hot it will get in here later...

At least I had a nap - I couldn't sleep last night because it was so hot.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home quick at lunch to make eggs and toast for me, Grilled Cheese for kids. Then went and topped up my gas tank (I like a full tank ) Then hit RCSS quick for a few deals and Price Matching. Think I did pretty good! 2 whole chickens, 2 peameal chunks, 4 x 400g frozen lean beef (trying for the 1st time. Will make taco meat and burger patties) 6 pk of gaterade, 3 pk romaine hearts, Broccoli, 4 pack rainbow peppers, English cucumber, and 4L bag of milk. $43 and change. Redeemed $40 in PC pts so paid less then $4 for all that ))
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jul 10th, 2015 at 02:31 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight's Dinner: Chicken drumsticks on bbq, potatoes (chopped in chunks and cooked in tinfoil with spices etc) Fresh broccoli and garden salad (peppers, cucumber, carrots and goat cheese. We are obsessed with goat cheese now!)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went in for blood work this morning. Thought it could wait til next week when I get the other one done but realized I see my rheumatologist on Tues so I had to get it done today. Picked up a few groceries...didn`t need much, only a couple things for the family reunion on Sunday. Monday I start the 24 hr urine collection and take it in early Tues morning and get the final blood work done for the water intake study. Can`t believe it`s been a year since I started that.

I`ve been keeping busy with crocheting. Would like to get enough towels done to take to Quilted Heirlooms on Tues.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-growing twins and looking after a 2 year old while not sleeping is plenty to accomplish in one day-you are just usually such an energizer bunny. Anything extra is truly a bonus! And of course once the twins arrive you will be doing well to accomplish a shower AND brush your teeth both in the same day and by 5 p.m.! At least in the early days/weeks unless you have oodles of help. I know in no time you will get everyone into a good routine, but the first little bit with mulitples is a challenge in my experience- with just watching friends muddle through while helping them. Seems like it won't be long now until you and Granger welcome your new little ones and we will all be excited to read the news. I am hoping you have made some progress with getting LO into his new room and potty trained-or maybe you are just taking a break for now until you get into a new fall routine.

On another note we just heard today that my husbands nephew will be getting married in Illinois next summer when we were planning to be in England for a house exchange( the nerve-can you believe it?-lol). Anyway it is towards the end of the time we were to be there and we have lots of notice so I guess we will just fly home through the US and catch that as well. The rate we are planning trips for next year I think I would like a private jet on standby-lol-would definitely be way beyond my budget but I can dream! Good thing we have an economical driving holiday planned this summer. DD is mending very well and surprisingly her cowboy boots are comfy-they probably immobilize her toe and if it doesn't move it doesn't hurt-well that and my expert(not) taping job and liberal doses of Ibuprofen for pain and swelling-her foot is certainly black and blue-she is working today and her last day is Sunday as Stampede is over-she is a trooper and would way rather be at work with her friends earning money than at home with the boring old folks-aka her parents!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Jul 10th, 2015 at 04:15 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Went in for blood work this morning. Thought it could wait til next week when I get the other one done but realized I see my rheumatologist on Tues so I had to get it done today. Picked up a few groceries...didn`t need much, only a couple things for the family reunion on Sunday. Monday I start the 24 hr urine collection and take it in early Tues morning and get the final blood work done for the water intake study. Can`t believe it`s been a year since I started that.

I`ve been keeping busy with crocheting. Would like to get enough towels done to take to Quilted Heirlooms on Tues.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    I hope the test results are good.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I still haven't found dh's truck keys. He's texted to see if I found them yet, but I don't have too many more ideas about where to look. There is the possibility that dh locked his keys in the garage yesterday, but I don't have a key at home to check in there for him.

I received another one day FPC in the mail today along with my first Zweet cheque for $28.75. The cheque came within a week of ordering it. I still haven't looked at the grocery flyers yet, but they are safely sitting on my desk, where dh won't recycle them on me.

edit: That friend was able to stop by earlier with a cash float for me. I had cash in my purse so I just exchanged the big bills for small ones.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela Take things as easy as you can now. My sister had twin girls...10 weeks premature, both under 3 pounds...37 years ago. When they finally came home from the hospital I think I spent more time at her house than my own. Her hubby and my ex were both long distance haulers so that worked. I helped raise them so much that they called me their second mom.

Hope you find the keys.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Fri, Jul 10th, 2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: can`t spell

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela could your dh have locked his keys in the truck, my dh has done this a few times....grr....good luck finding them, I know it's a worry

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information