User Tag List

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Nat: so nice to have the AC. I have been avoiding ours, but DH broke the latch on the screen a few weeks ago so the house does not cool as much in the evening It's one of this phantom screens, lo and behold there is a number right in the frame. So we called and they are sending out free of charge. I love good customer service. .when it's hot I use the side burner on the BBQ to cook and that helps keep it cool inside.
    J & C: I am in the same place for meals. I feel like its the same thing every day. I am hoping I can find a roast hiding in the freezer although it's currently looking like a Tetris game. But I know I have pork tenderloin so that may be Sunday dinner
    sandyl: glad to hear that you are on the mend, how is your bf doing?
    I'd love to Find a roast in our freezer! We've been eating super easy meals lately (last night was kd and hotdogs the night before was pizza)

He's stiff and sore still...the final 2 staples were removed from his incision yesterday. he's been "pushing" himself too much and I can tell he's tired and stiffer today than he has been.

He got upset at me this afternoon. Because I sat on the ground in our flower bed and cleaned it up so I could water it. He's worried I'm over doing things and that I'm going to make things worse. The Dr's told me to move to not let things stiffen up but not to lift over 25 lbs. If it hurts too much don't do it.
    @Nat awesome on the ac! before I moved north I got a couple ac units in trade for pc work. I left both with my mom and I'm told they installed them this year because it's been so warm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

saundyl, sounds that the two of you need to remind each other to just take it easy. Things will wait. You two need to heal!

Well, hours after the a/c is in, it's all sealed in now, and there's a noticeable difference. It won't cool the whole house, but we've got a fan running in front of it, at least to try cool down the bedroom more.
    I'm just glad it's in, and relief is here. What a honey of a husband I have!

A few days ago, husband sprayed a big wasp nest that was under the back deck. He brought it to me the day after, but I just took a quick look, worried there were still wasps. But he brought it back in the house today to show our son - and wow, it was amazing - it's way bigger than any one we had seen before, and there were these three layers of discs - kind of look like the honeycombs from beehives - apparently it's where they lay eggs and keep extra food. Gosh, the marvels of creation are amazing!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    saundyl, sounds that the two of you need to remind each other to just take it easy. Things will wait. You two need to heal!

Well, hours after the a/c is in, it's all sealed in now, and there's a noticeable difference. It won't cool the whole house, but we've got a fan running in front of it, at least to try cool down the bedroom more.
    I'm just glad it's in, and relief is here. What a honey of a husband I have!

A few days ago, husband sprayed a big wasp nest that was under the back deck. He brought it to me the day after, but I just took a quick look, worried there were still wasps. But he brought it back in the house today to show our son - and wow, it was amazing - it's way bigger than any one we had seen before, and there were these three layers of discs - kind of look like the honeycombs from beehives - apparently it's where they lay eggs and keep extra food. Gosh, the marvels of creation are amazing!
    I openly admit I have a hard time depending on others or letting things wait. I think that's why he gets upset with me. I am trying to heed advice of others. My mom kept teasing me while she was here for the week that I'd say Cando it myself (she wouldn't let me anyways )

On a excited note I was looking at my cucumber plants and they have flowers and I saw two little cucs on the vines!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Had a cool (cooler than usual!) sleep for a few hours overnight, was really nice!

Hope everyone has a FAB day!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

TG: thanks for the link, I have read a bit of Cate's blog as she was a blogger for Gail Vaz Oxlade for a bit. I have also ready mr money mustache from the beginning he is pretty hard core but both still have lots of good ideas and can be motivating. I am trying to,get rid of stuff and find it hard with 3 others in the house, but the one in one out is making sense to the kids. My current gaol is 20 things a week need to leave the house. I cleaned out a closest and found 6 pairs of shoes that can go and the best part is I found running shoes that Logan can use for gym next year.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Lizzie my work situation is just that a situation. I am include in a plan that is currently in the works (although the exact plan has not been laid out). I believe the current issue is both of my brothers work in positions where yes they have a current position but have a lot more flexibility and are therefore exposed to other parts of the business opportunities I am not. Since my main position is Order Desk which I work with 2 other girls so everything comes down to what will happen if I am pulled away. Right now I have locations asking me to come work with them but I cannot be taken away from Order Desk. Right now we are in a situation where we have one location struggling (they lost a staff member as he left the company, another member from another position stepped into his position part time and was trained on the go which still left them short staffed and now another member is out on sick leave and they are a location with 4 staff members so half there staff is gone right now), I was asked to go work there for half a day with the "new" staff member and there was a massive blow up on Order Desk about the fact I will be gone for half a day. So as my leadership coach said I have the step and slap going, the intention is to slowly move me off order desk issue is every time I take a step forward something happens, someone gets mad, a complaint is made so they slap me back to where I was and take away any step forwards I have made. Honestly if it was not for my leadership coach right now I probably would have given up or completely lost it but he is really helping me to work through this current situation. Downside is I again need to have a serious discussion with my Dad which is extremely hard for me. Everything in our family is a test or so it feels and I always feel like I fail and when I speak to my Dad I freak out and clam up because I am so worried of saying the wrong thing or showing a weakness which could set me back even more. Even when I do sit down with Dad I forget half of what I want to say. Right now we are working on my next step but it is a work in progress.

As for at home, My Mom is blaming everything on menopause. Which yes I get but at times I feel that she uses this as an excuse. It just feels like every time something happens this is the reason and right now my frustration is that is just the end. We have lost the ability to communicate back and forth. Example being last week all I asked was did we get a letter from the town as our property taxes went up and as the one paying them luckily there was extra money to cover, well all of a sudden she is sick of the fact I have not grown up and I do not deal with things. Well when I try to point out everything I do and how I am not a child she is now over the fight and doesn't want to discuss it and wants it dropped as she was just "having a moment". Same as last week she got made about the dinning room and went off so I said I am trying but it is really hard because it is not my stuff therefore I cannot do it alone and I feel like we fight because of this, she wants to be able to get mad and I will be my normal timid self and take care of it but since we moved I cannot, our old house things had a home and if I wanted too I could clean it, this house nothing has a home and I cannot clean it. Again yes she was pissed it was "a moment" and now she doesn't want to talk about it. It just kind of feels like she gets to get her frustrations out and even when I bring up a valid point like you make me feel like I cannot do anything right my side never gets heard or addressed because she was having a moment it has passed so drop it. I have now taken the approach that I just walk away, I won't fight with her if she wants to get mad have fun, I'll go find something else to do and when your moment has passed more than likely I won't be interested in what you want to do now.

On that note I had to laugh, this morning I decided at 9 am it was time to get up there is work to be done and nope your not staying in bed all morning your getting up. I went upstairs opened her door and ran off a list of everything I want to get done today and need help. I am sure she wanted to ignore me but lately when she does I just go ahead and do it by myself and don't care even if things get in my way. So she did get up and by the time she got downstairs I was already in the basement moving things. Worked for me she was up and helping. So slight win for me and I will take it.

My leadership has been working on me not being so timid and not being pushed around and always asking for approval. I have a feeling many are not liking the new me and my old me still comes out at times but I am taking charge and doing what I need to do for me. This is a work in progress but I have a feeling this will be a permanent change.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-you go girl and put yourself first more often at home and at work-they can only keep slapping you back on the order desk as long as you allow it and your Mum can only be nasty with you as long as you let her-walking away sounds like a good plan to me! There is no need for you to "parent " your mum at her young age unless she is mentally or physically ill. It does sound like you are starting to assert youself and good on you! (but maybe a little ways to go on that front with your Dad)- chase your own dreams rather than feeling like a doormat and picking up the pieces for everyone else!-and don't forget to have some fun in the meantime. If I am being too blunt just tell me to be quiet!

Speaking of fun I went and got $100 for free this a.m. at SDM so I enjoyed that!

Nat-it is raining here and feels a bit chilly at only 17 so sit tight-I am sure it will be heading your way
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, Jul 12th, 2015 at 05:22 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just made arrangements to trade childcare with my neighbour this week. Her 6month old son has immunizations on Tuesday morning, so I will have 2 of her children since the oldest is at camp. She is going to have LO on Friday morning while I have an appointment because I need to have my strep B test done.

Yesterday's garage sale fundraiser was pathetic. It was just dh, one volunteer, and myself that ran the sale. It was a warm day and we made 1/3 of the money that we made at May's garage sale. Glad we are done these fundraisers until next year.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today with the 7-Eleven app you get a free Big Gulp.

Monday - free smokie
    Tuesday - free 7-Eleven water 500m
    Wednesday - free Chicken Kebob
    Thursday - free 7-Select Soft Drink 591ml
    Friday - free Medium Slurpee
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley I don't know how you do it but I've been told the same thing at times. Since you mom gets mad so often and doesn't want to take ownership, I would get rid of some stuff you know she won't need or doesn't used, she be mad either way so what's the worse that can happen, just a thought, you are being so patient I couldn't imagine how you stay so calm, good luck!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I've read her blog for a couple years now

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

TG: thanks for the link, I have read a bit of Cate's blog as she was a blogger for Gail Vaz Oxlade for a bit. I have also ready mr money mustache from the beginning he is pretty hard core but both still have lots of good ideas and can be motivating. I am trying to,get rid of stuff and find it hard with 3 others in the house, but the one in one out is making sense to the kids. My current gaol is 20 things a week need to leave the house. I cleaned out a closest and found 6 pairs of shoes that can go and the best part is I found running shoes that Logan can use for gym next year.
    I agree about finding it hard with others in the house. I can down size my things encourage bf and the boys to do the same but they don't have to. I can put a no buy ban on myself but then there's others that need to be considered as well.

Things we rarely purchase are magazines and books, dvds, pc games.

I get ebooks free for the most part through deals listed on bookbub for kobo and amazon.

I KNOW I should limit my wool purchases.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Saundyl: I am usually good about books but yesterday I stopped to use my book store credit and ended up wit 6 new to me books. I had not palled on it so I did not have 6 leaving. I love magazines so I just go to the library to read the, as they really seem like throwing money out.
    I also am a big fan of the library and we get all our movies from there. I have also started getting tv series as well but sometimes it's a lot to watch in a week. I binged watched true detectives recently, no one should watch that show all at once it's sooo intense. I will never find mathew mconehey attractive again.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Saundyl: I am usually good about books but yesterday I stopped to use my book store credit and ended up wit 6 new to me books. I had not palled on it so I did not have 6 leaving. I love magazines so I just go to the library to read the, as they really seem like throwing money out.
    I also am a big fan of the library and we get all our movies from there. I have also started getting tv series as well but sometimes it's a lot to watch in a week. I binged watched true detectives recently, no one should watch that show all at once it's sooo intense. I will never find mathew mconehey attractive again.
    Books and wool are my addictions.
    TV series are awesome when you don't have to wait for the next show. I binge watch when bf is at work on a weekend with no kids

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information