User Tag List

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cost is $14.99 plus HST. It is 30 rolls. 2-ply and over 400 sheets per roll (Sorry, I don't remember exactly, 430 maybe?)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby the paint color will be an experiment but the price is great (haha)
    l
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby the paint color will be an experiment but the price is great (haha)
    l

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Cottonelle, Kirkland and Charmin block my toilet (lol) they are too thick which sounds strange. I am a loyal Royale tp purchaser

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Chicken is marinating in a concoction of sorts but I'm sure it will be yummy. Waiting for dh to rise, he went back to bed hours ago or is hiding in the bedroom (who knows).... Wanting to post new items for sale but I need a helper as the garage is back in the domino effect state (sigh). You win some you lose some.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Taking a break from working on the basement. About 6 more cardboard boxes to relieve of their contents.
    The guy who is going to help us can't come for a while but he said he would come tomorrow to put an elbow on the downspout where the problem seems to come from or at least part of it. Also, it seems that the pipes leading into our sump-pump are not connecting as it does not come on at all. I think all the rain we've been having has just been heading under the house.
    So, I slit open the vapour barrier and removed some of the soggy insulation. It was garbage day today so it is gone. We've got fans and our de-humidifier going but the dehumidifier is not really filling up. Last summer, I had to empty the bucket at least once a day.
    So if it rains now, we still have a super conduit for the water right into the basement. I intend to create a "wick" system and stuff a blanket into the hole and then lead it into a container which we will then empty into the sump pump.
    As I clean the boxes out of the way, and the insulation, I realized we'll need a barrier to block any flow of water further into the basement. I'm really tired and my back is killing me. All our relatives are "pre-booked" and can't help. DH has just had pain injections in his shoulders and so he can't help.

Our cleaning lady will come on Monday as she is away this week and it IS supposed to rain tomorrow.

The very nice guy who came to assess the damage which we decided not to claim, has been very helpful about cleaning up and says he'll drop by just as a favour next week after we've been airing it out for a week to check for any signs of moisture which could turn into mold.

DH has just gone out to buy more Rubbermaid Containers. Also, our freezer top/door seems to have sprung it's hinges from being overpacked.

It IS a beautiful day, though!

I guess I'm looking for any other suggestions about how to handle things. The fellow is going to remove our front walk-way and see how much damage has been done potentially under the garage - and check the pipes which are supposed to lead water away from the house.
    But he can't do that for a couple of weeks as he is pre-booked.

In the meantime, I'm on duty as the Sea-Captain of the underworld - fighting back the elements! Arrrrr! I need a pirate's hat!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I Just took inventory of my RRSP and TFSA's and am happy. Now I am motivated to make it all grow more. I am so looking forward to retire lol..... SO with this on my mind it encourages me to keep at the house organizing and selling what we don't need. And using up what we have so we aren't wasting more $ when we have stuff to use up. I really need to go through my little DS's closet and downsize it. He has so many long sleeve shirts and never wears them. Even in winter. And I have decided he needs t-shirts. So I will see what t-shirts he can have from his brother (he has a closet full) and clean out his closet and get ready to post for sale since the smart moms will be starting to shop for back to school soon and everything is like new since he doesn't wear it. Sometimes it is very motivating to see where you stand and pushes you to make better choices going forward

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Shopping this weekend..... I am going to stock up on Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. On for $3 at CT. Will PM at RCSS on Saturday for tax free day and use $1 coupons. Or am I better to buy at CT and use Canadian Tire $ that has built up on my card and the paper but pay .45 tax extra? Decisions!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, so sorry you have to weather the stormy seas mostly on your own - BUT you still have your sense of humour, which is amazing!

Oh, and go for the sexy pirate hat - arrrr.....

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu wish I lived closer hun. I would definitely get your sump pump looked at because I thin this could save you a lot of headaches

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama glad that your investments are doing well and fueling your motivation

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@missmaggs I bought TP at Costco on Monday for $13.49 (on sale - reg price is $17.99) for Cascades brand 40 mega rolls. Each mega roll has 330 sheets and it works out to be 33 cents a roll.

Last time I bought TP was Royale at No Frills 30 mega roll pack for $9.97. This also worked out to be 33 cents a roll but the rolls were slightly smaller (324 sheets per roll).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Made a pretty frugal dinner tonight: pasta with "mystery" spaghetti sauce found at the back of the freezer and a spring mix salad with green onions fresh from the garden

Our lettuce is growing like crazy so we've been eating salads everyday (sometimes twice a day lol) for the past few weeks. Romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce and spring mix. We used to have spinach to add in but it all bolted so ripped that out and cooked up what I could salvage into a quiche last week. It was yummy
    Last edited by bobbiegirl2010; Thu, Jul 16th, 2015 at 08:21 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@jasperandchar According to the following Financial Post article, Scotiabank has dropped their prime lending rate 15 basis points down to 2.70%. Since I have a variable mortgage with Scotia my interest rate and mortgage payment should drop. Not sure how much that'll save us per month since it's not updated yet. I'm thinking we made a good choice going with the variable mortgage

http://business.financialpost.com/pe...-market-impact

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh boy I should be heading up to bed very soon, still kind of wired from the Drive In though. It has been a while since we've all gone to one, must have been last summer I am guessing?? Almost no one there on a Thursday night, and we saw two hilarious flicks, ( Minions ) and the ( OMG! very raw but soooo funny! ) Ted 2.
    We snuck in bottles of water for the dogs to drink and some raw carrot chunks for munching even though they have a very strict no outside stuff, this was for our pets, so no biggie I think.

Felt good about eating before we left, was able to gather enough for large dinner sized salads from our backyard boxes ( that leaf lettuce is my favourite ) and this time we tossed in the petals of nasturtium flowers, along with some fresh basil leaves too! Added store bought cherry tomatoes, bit of celery, red pepper slices, English cucumbers and a single giant radish to split! ( I hate having a bunch of them, they never get eaten up, one does just fine )

Cannot forget to head out tomorrow at some point to claim our one day FPC for free Minions treats! Nighty night all!
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Jul 17th, 2015 at 03:23 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information