User Tag List

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Friday is here and I could so happy dance but again there are cameras and No One needs to see that.

We ended up having pizza for dinner which is quite funny. This happened as I went into my Dad's office to get his sign off on a credit for a customer and he tells me to order pizza for all the shifts tomorrow. Since it is multiple shifts with multiple delivery times I went into the store to order so I could pre pay (they won't let you do this over the internet or phone anymore). Since we were going to the pizza shop it was decided we had to have pizza for dinner. I was actually quite impressed our local pizza place has a great walk in special which I do not feel as guilty about ordering and the price has actually gone done $2/pizza. But let me tell you ordering the pizzas was a bit interesting. They keep trying to "save me money" by getting me to go with the walk-in special but for the number of pizzas I needed there is another deal that works out better and I could have delivered. At first I thought it was them telling me they could not deliver, okay if that is the case I will pick up but it was them trying to "save me money". It was nice of them but really if they just gave me the special I wanted I was saving money. I always do my research on these things and I know what I want and what is our best deal.

After looking at the temps for this weekend pretty sure it is going to be a do nothing weekend. So I might gather up some work and bring it home with me so I can sit on laptop in front of a fan all weekend. The only thing I have committed to doing is laundry as that is the basement and won't heat up the house. Other then that anything else is a bonus since we do not have AC and the temps this weekend will probably leave me feeling sick. Weird I am always cold until we go over 35 than I just can't handle it and get ill. Tonight I will set up the 2 bedroom A/c units so if needed we have 2 cool places in the house.

Time to get back to work and see what exactly I can get into today. Have a great day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF is right!!! The day here is gloomy but they say it is suppose to be a nice weekend so it can rain all day and then stop at dinner time hopefully! I have 2 loads of laundry on the go last night so will finish up tonight after 7. Will pop down in the basement on our pee breaks (its date night lol) Drinking wine makes lots of pee breaks! I usually don't do anything on date night but it means no laundry tomorrow so I'm going to try and get it done. Have a great day!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I checked this morning and my variable mortgage interest rate went down 0.15% and my monthly payment is $12 cheaper. Thanks Bank of Canada! Now hopefully Scotiabank will also lower the interest rate on my LOC and that'll give me even more money to apply to my debt repayment

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@BobbiGirl 2010- Awesome! Take advantage of this and try and make a lump sum payment!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, everyone!

So very nice to have a cool day - and, yes, we have gotten some rain.
    Good for us - but even better, up north they have gotten some and should get more to help with the forest fire situation. Slowly, evacuees are being able to go back to their communities - there has been no loss of life, but some homes and cottages have been destroyed.

We had donated summer clothes and toys for the evacuees here.

However, this donation trumps them all, I think -- people of Leask Hutterite Colony donated 120 dozen buns to help feed fire evacuees from Northern Saskatchewan. Amazed not only by the sheer number, but wow, their baking is always so yummy!

Just look at these cuties! (Not my pic)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jul 17th, 2015 at 11:47 AM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I tried posting yesterday, but my internet kept crashing. Smilies will be kept to a minimum, but not because I didn't want to include them!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Funny, it just hit me that my mom would still call me her baby girl when I was an adult - wowsers, nice flashback!
    When babies are born, I think that moment is frozen in time in mom's memory. My mom is in her 80's and still thinks I'm her baby. That's okay, I don't mind. I know for my LO, she could be old enough to be a grandmother and I'll still think of her as my baby. Mom's are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Midwife update: I am measuring 1 cm smaller than last week!?! Midwife wasn't entirely happy with ultrasounds results. They said baby was 5.2 lbs at 36 weeks and in the 10th percentile. She felt this was inaccurate, which I agree. A 5lb baby is low average at term. I was happy with her analysis and plan to wait until 40 weeks for another ultrasound bc all the other results weren't anything to be concerned about. My FIL was reassuring today to and said I am healthy and fit and not to worry, if I want to be bigger, do less weeding and watch more TV.
    There's so many anomalies that are normal in pregnancies and babies aren't there!? My doctor told me I would be 25 - 35 lbs heavier near the end, but at 36 weeks, I had gained 13. A few days before LO arrived, I was 16 lbs. He never told me how much she weighed and always said there was nothing to be concerned about. Despite that, I was relieved when LO came out a healthy 7 lbs and they said she was a large baby! (Not so easy on Mum coming out!)

Maybe the baby had an elbow out or the measuring tape wasn't lined up properly. 1 cm is really small when you're measuring circumference. Hang in there! Baby's coming soon!

[QUOTE=avoncallingu;6430989]Hi folks!
    We had a "flash flood" in our basement today during a "Extreme Thunderstorm Warning" which said we would get between 40-60 mm of water. The water poured in (only about an inch high, thank heavens our basement isn't finished) through the pipe which brings the Bell and Entegris connections. So insulation is pooched, several still-unpacked boxes wet - but most of our things are in Rubbermaid Containers. So although insurance MAY (but probably not) cover the damage - it's our responsibility to patch up the hole. Don't know how we'll do it as yet. But there is clay residue all over the front half of the basement.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear about the mess! Hopefully, you didn't lose anything that can't be replaced like photographs and other mementos.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Sadly I speak from the experience of losing a child in a flood so while I empathize greatly with any flood victim, I am thankful when lives are spared.
    Lizzie, I am so, so sorry. That is just heartbreaking. Thank you for reminding us to find joy in the trivial losses because there is no comparison to losing what is truly important.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Renewing our mortgage early was in hindsight a very stupid move.
    The only thing certain about mortgage rates is that they're completely uncertain. Sorry to hear you got the short end of the stick this time.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Our mortgage is up for renewal in October 2016 and I'm hoping that rates remain low atleast until I can do the 6 month lock in price guarantee. I just don't know what we will be up against as our mortgage will be a much shorter and hopefully the last renewal, however, we are borrowing for much less the number of year ie. 25 year mortgage. Does anyone know how that works if you finish x amount of years less than the original mortgage???
    From what I understand, the number of years doesn't affect your mortgage. Each time you renew, you create an entirely different mortgage, so if at the end of your term, you could have your payments decreased by going for a 25-year amortization again. You're only locked into the pay schedule for the length of the term (three years, five years, etc.). If you finish in less years than the original mortgage, the only requirement is a happy dance!!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Kind of surprised Mom said she was going to clean the fridge today, empty it, scrub it.
    Fridges look amazing when scrubbed clean. I did four shelves and bins this past week and ours looks amazing. I just have one bin and two shelves to do, but this weekend is going to be crazy busy. LO's having a birthday gathering with some friends and we've been invited to a pool party the day after.

The worst part is that I've had a bad fall and it's very painful to move around. I'm covered in four or five bandages at all times. I have no idea how I'll get through my massive list of to-dos for LO's birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh boy I should be heading up to bed very soon, still kind of wired from the Drive In though. It has been a while since we've all gone to one, must have been last summer I am guessing?? Almost no one there on a Thursday night, and we saw two hilarious flicks, ( Minions ) and the ( OMG! very raw but soooo funny! ) Ted 2.
    We snuck in bottles of water for the dogs to drink and some raw carrot chunks for munching even though they have a very strict no outside stuff, this was for our pets, so no biggie I think.

Cannot forget to head out tomorrow at some point to claim our one day FPC for free Minions treats! Nighty night all!
    Not sure if I'll get out to pick up any Minions treats today, even though my mom mailed me her coupons too. It's bakefest at our house for the evening!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I suggest everyone review their house insurance policy and make sure it is up to date and includes everything you need. Most extras only cost a few extra $'s a year and are worth the peace of mind. I just switched insurance companies and pay $300 LESS a year and increased the liability and other things- including water in basement/damage etc. It's worth a look

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Steak is on the menu tonight! Valu-mart has it on sale and I bought 2 family trays for just over $20 (and redeemed $20 in PC PTS) So almost free! Will do dinner for 2 adults and 2 teens tonight and the other tray will be triple wrapped and will be good for another 4 people dinner and hopefully 1 or 2 extra for fahita's(sp) one night Really, not a bad price when you look at how many meals we will get from it.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    @jasperandchar According to the following Financial Post article, Scotiabank has dropped their prime lending rate 15 basis points down to 2.70%. Since I have a variable mortgage with Scotia my interest rate and mortgage payment should drop. Not sure how much that'll save us per month since it's not updated yet. I'm thinking we made a good choice going with the variable mortgage

http://business.financialpost.com/pe...-market-impact
    Have you contacted Scotibank as they won't just give you the better rate, just a thought. I would also inquire how many times you can ask for the lower rate, my guess is that it might just once, better to have all your ducks in line and be prepared to ask the questions that can make you more financially fit (lol).

I must admit I am not a fan of variable rates as it's too risky in my opinion. I am less concerned with the fixed rate/variable combo but again you need to remain variable for a fixed period of time normally 1 year, just my opinion.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow I hope you are okay with your fall and nothing serious, take care of yourself and take it easy @walkonby your description of your salad sounds delish even better when growing yourself and same at @Frugalbigmama sound like you have quite the salad variety - great job

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl hope all is going well haven't seen you post in a little while

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a prenatal appointment this morning. My blood pressure and everything is still good. The doctor commented that I had gotten big, I saw him last 2wks ago. I'm currently 35wks 2days and have gained 19lbs. I have my next ultrasound in one week's time to check on the babies.

I went to Sobeys to get a few things. It was 11:30 and the bakery didn't have any bread ready to put out for the 4pks. I was able to use my rain check for some 12pks of crusty buns, which LO and I had as part of our lunch. They had a promotion on to get 20AM wub 2 4L jugs of milk, we drink a lot of milk so I bought two. I redeemed my 2 FPCs for soft Frozen snacks and purchased 2 additional packages of Mott's fruit + veggie treats to get the bonus 20AM on that too. LO really likes these and we use them as treats with a limit of 1 pack a day. I also bought a pack of Dempster's sesame seed bagels with a $2 off printable coupon. I often eat toasted bagels for breakfast, so the coupon made this pack cheaper than the store brand. $3.99 2lb of strawberries, which I also added to my lunch. I picked up margarine for my neighbour who was babysitting LO for me, and she paid me back for it. I redeemed $30 AM and paid $1 for everything.
    shopping edit: I purchased 2x $2.49 Old Spice deodorant for dh and submitted the receipt for $2.50 from CO51, which has already been approved.

I need to do my laundry today and get everything ready for tomorrow's maternity shoot. LO wants to go swimming, so we might take him to the big pool tomorrow afternoon since it is only supposed to be 23C which will be the coolest day all week.

edit: dh also installed the car seat bases in my truck for the twins. I'm trying to take everything up with me so that dh only has to worry about taking his own bag of clothes and driving up to join us when the time comes.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jul 17th, 2015 at 11:00 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 enjoy your photo shoot tomorrow, you are very organized my dear - kudos to you

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I posted an update in my twins thread.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information