User Tag List

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    No UCCB in my account even though payment schedule says July 20th. Got my CTB on Friday. Go figure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Coupon Girl, I was having issues with frequency about 8 years ago.the urologist explained that as we get older (in my case having children too) our muscles get slack and we feel like we have to go more often, he said that urine leaks in to the bladder and you feel the urge to go.It is usually only a tablespoon or so but enough for the urge to pee. I tried the pills and they worked to a degree but I opted to have a mesh bladder sling done and it was the best thing for me. In the hospital for half a day and couldn't lift for a few weeks, now I can outlast my 25 year old daughter. I just felt it was only going to get worse with age and it was hindering activities because of leaks when running or excising.I decided to get it done now and avoid being the stinky old pee lady in the nursing home in 20 years!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Jul 20th, 2015 at 12:06 PM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    on my 3rd load of laundry -woke up at 5.30
    -do any of you woman over 50 have this problem i am frequently going pee must have had hubby stop 5 or 6 times on the way hom yesterday
    I have heard that it's really common so it must be a natural thing. Has anyone heard if pelvic exercises help?

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Sweet sparrow, ouch to your injuries. Hope you get your new Shuffle at Christmas.
    Thanks everyone for all the sympathy. I'm almost able to take off the last of the bandages, but I think @saundyl is the real trooper. I went through nothing like what she did!

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Busy weekend and had bad news from my best friend. I am still in shock and just had another cry this morning in my office thinking about it. Trying to be positive until she get the results and hoping the health scare isn't as bad as it could be. I am heart broken and can't believe she is going through this.
    @Frugalbigmama : I'm so sorry about your bad news. I hope it's not the worst case scenario and I hope you're all able to keep calm until the results come in. I know it's super hard and your friend can probably use some company. Can you visit her and share a few laughs over a tea or coffee? Wait with her through her tests and just hold her hand? Sometimes, small things make such a world of difference.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

QOTD: Has anyone else's food costs gone through the roof?

I don't know what it is about this month, if it's all my cherry purchases, or those cases of mango (LO has been asking), but I've passed our food budget before half the month is over. Maybe it was the bags of rice we bought that we ran out of. I don't know, but I do know that our food costs are crazy this summer.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

SS I just find everything has gone up, meat especially. We only have one teenager left at home so you think our budget would have gone down but nope it has gone up.I feel for big families, it must be a real strain.I look at coffee and beef prices and I can't believe how they have jumped.

And Yes exercises help a lot, if you don't have any thing better to do, stopping and starting your urine flow while peeing is very helpful.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Jul 20th, 2015 at 12:48 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu hope you can get someone out to assess the water damage and fixes soon @coupon girl I have days like that as well, dribble dribble...sigh (lol) @Frugalbigmama hope things are not a grim as they seem, hopefully once results come back things wont seem so awful & heartbreaking @sweet sparrow don't even get me start on grocery budgets, I just don't understand the ridiculous prices of items especially staples, I hate the summer as my bill increases with a 12 & 14 year old at home always hungry
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thank you everyone. Trying to stay positive and take it one step at a time as her DH said. Have been texting with each of them this morning sending hugs etc. and sharing tears (making each other cry). Going to try and keep busy with my stuff till we know what we are dealing with.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We were supposed to leave for the cottage today but I'm in full blown depression so we will leave tomorrow. DH & I will venture out for groceries and he will come in the store as I think I will go into a mental breakdown alone. One never gets used to these extreme lows, I was hoping that I could have 1 summer without this but it's the way I'm made (summers for me are hell). Also the guys are making plans without me for next weekend and the following week because unfortunately these episodes can last a very long time. I'm sort of in the dammed if you do and dammed if you don't mindset so we'll venture to the cottage tomorrow and return Thursday and the guys will venture off to the cottage and moose camp. I'm really hoping that Logan goes with them as I cannot predict how extreme this mood will last....enough whining. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Groceries- I really want to buy the lean beef on at RCSS (instead of the frozen stuff that I know I can get all the time) Was hoping to make a ton a burger patties for the freezer. I still plan to pop in there on my way home and buy 2 trays (so over $30!!!) Seems so much! But its summer and burgers in the freezer are handy. My honey found BLSL chicken breast on the weekend for $2.98LB. He bought 4 family trays. Seems like lots of money spent now but it all seems to even out. I didn't spend too much on the weekend really and am trying to lay low and use up what we have but we still need fresh stuff etc. I do say we really enjoyed the steak on Friday from Valu-mart and will try and buy another family tray for the freezer to add to the others I put in there on Friday night. Its a deal compared to eating out so I try and look at it that way.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@lizzie I'm so sorry!
    @Sweets parrow I hope you're feeling better after your fall. Did you end up with stitches?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We will be buying the Beef/Pork Blend at Food Basics to make burgers, meatballs & meatloaf for $2.99/lb you cannot beat that price as the cheapest I found Ground Beef was $3.44/lb so grabbed some but more and more we use the Beef/Pork Blend.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I called in and changed my baby cheques to direct deposit, but I just received both cheques in the mail today. I'm hoping that they have it all sorted out so that I don't have to go to the bank to deposit these cheques next month, after the twins are born. I went down to Service Canada this morning to confirm that my medical leave EI was properly processed and it was. Then we went to WM and picked up a few random things, plus a bunch of Whiskas cat food. I SCOPed one bag of the cat food. I forgot to buy bananas, which I could have gotten 50c for from CO51. LO and dh have been eating all the bananas, so they haven't made it into muffins yet. I submitted the receipt for 75c back from Zweet for Whiskas. Submitted the receipt to CO51 and Changio because I spent so much.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    No UCCB in my account even though payment schedule says July 20th. Got my CTB on Friday. Go figure.
    Same thing here...received the CTB but not the UCCB. I was told to wait 10 days before complaining....sigh...

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Spent the morning running errands and overdid it a wee bit. Been napping ever since I got home.

On the plus side, I'll be heading out to visit the neighbours after dinner. I can always rest tomorrow.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Groceries $260....sigh and no meat...really!!!

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information