User Tag List

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

shopped a little today -indigo used my 10.00 shoppers gift card up from hoppers shop a few week back ,fortinos only spent 11.00,shoppers etc
    -hubby has to get orthodics an runner -thankfully he has coverage

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    it is a rainy day here today .....so depressing....
    Really? We'd love love love to have rain - drought here - barely a drop in three months. Be thankful for rain!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well DH and I have been cleaning and packing all day so I can relate to your packing up Angela. For your laugh of the day, I decided to try a new method of dusting today-my hubby has a small hand vac that blows a gale out the hole that is not sucking up the dirt. So I plugged the hose into that end and blew dust off window sills, tables, out of cold air return registers, the vents above and below our gas fireplace etc . Picture spring cleaning at 100 times faster-even aimed it at the top of door casings but I think I am not quite tall enough! Holy smokes did that work way better. I hate dusting but this was much faster and more satisfying-kind of like power washing your siding. I am sure it looked funny but who cares-trying to make it all spic and span for our house exchangers-mind you even though we leave tomorrow they are not arriving for a few days so no doubt they will still see a bit of dust. Picked some fresh raspberries and there will be lots in the yard for them too.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama SOOOO cool about the storage locker.

The good - the two trees in our yard I was concerned about being Ash and being infected in future with an invasive beetle causing problems in our area are NOT! One less country concern over the years as they are very mature trees that would have to come down. One is Hickory and one is a Manitoba Maple.

The bad - I made a sprint to rescue daughter from injury yesterday. Totally reactionary and knew I would pay after I had done it. Saved daughter. Very sore today, thankfully no labour last night to add to the pain.

The ugly - I made plans with a friend this morning to meet at a park and kept them. I figured it would help distract me from my pain, it did! I had planned to rest this afternoon. Had two drop in visitors. I am now making a sign for our front door for the next few weeks that politely declines unexpected visitors. While we live in the country we are on a main route and usually are happy to have drop ins.

Some of the aches and pains could actually be early labour (I am not sure it will progress into active, but I have to be prepared)...if that is the case, I should be resting when I need and active when I need a distraction. This means entertaining on my terms!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just ordered a 100.00 gift card for home depot with my credit card visa points -hubby will use it as the stairs still need done on deck
    -hubby went to podiotist today -mine he needs orthotics-so he ordered a brown lace up dress shoe all covered under his work plan -only had to pay 60.00 fo intital visit

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Back baseball and kid bathed and snug in his bed. 2nd load in the washer. Hung part of the 1st load to dry and will do same with 2nd so will run the dryer just once. Better then nothing! All clean laundry is put away. Off to see what new sale flyers have been posted

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sticker shock today I noticed locally the 510 ml bottles of pop are 2.89 a bottle plus deposit. Good deterrent for splurging on a pop the 2 liter bottles are cheaper but much more embarrassing to take to work!

You never see the free pops under the lids anymore. As a kid that was exciting to get.

We had the cheddar chicken swanson skillet meal tonight dressed up a bit with some extra left over chicken breast we made for quesadilas, some peas and extra cheese. Yum.

Costco makes me crazy I have to take cash so I track the $$total and can't go over

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

Angela and Lizzie: Good luck on the packing! I am the same way - always stressing that I'll forget something lol.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

I hung 2 loads of laundry out yesterday and I have another load to hang today. I'm loving the sunny days here but no rain means having to water the garden lol.

I picked a basket of shelling peas, a small amount of sugar snap peas and a basket of green and yellow beans from the garden. I pulled a carrot and the kids and I tried it. Good but I think I'll let them grow bigger. The lettuce as always is growing like weeds lol. I have baby zucchinis and cukes growing now too. I don't think I'll be buying any veggies at the grocery store except maybe cukes (mine are way too teenie tiny to eat lol).

Yesterday I also took the kids to VBS in the morning, swimming after lunch and then to a matinee to see Minions ($4 general admission on Tuesday's). After the movie I dropped daycare child off at home and then took the kids to the post office and the library.

Now the plan for today is to go grocery shopping at No Frills while kids are at VBS again. Hopefully it warms up and I'll take the kids to the pool again this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am the same with packing and theory that the more you do it the better it will get is a lie. I spent the better part of 3 months this year travelling from location to location and every time I had to pack I felt like I forgot something. Good news is only once did I forget something, my toothpaste (someone borrowed it and did not return it and I did not notice it was not in my bag) luckily the first night I was at my cousin's place and used his the next day I made a quick pit stop at Wal-Mart for toothpaste and a small milk to keep at the branch for my use.

My own little tip if you travel a lot like I do I keep my bathroom items (Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Toothpaste) packed at all times, I also have an extra toothbrush & hair brush that jus stay packed as well. So I know I can just grab these bags and toss them in my suitcase although I do always check the levels before packing as sometimes my stuff gets borrowed.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My packing rule is as long as we have the passports, credit cards -anything else we should forget can be purchased if needed-not very frugal but it is a good mind set to have. I once forgot my bank card for a 6 week trip around the world-what a dolt-and I am usually very organized!! We survived! Anyway time to hit the road!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Jul 22nd, 2015 at 08:44 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Have fun lizzie

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@SassyAshley I also keep a separate bag of bathroom items packed at all times. Makes it so much easier We all have extra toothbrushes and hair brushes and then I've just taken shampoos, soaps, deoderants, toothpastes etc... from my stockpile. I rotate stuff out of it every year as I don't travel enough in a year to use a full bottle of anything.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope you all have a good day - it's going to be a hot one here today with 34+ humidex.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

I did a victory dance at Foodland yesterday. I had 20 $1 off coupons for the flavored Cloverleaf tuna that my husband snacks from out of the can because it is such good chunk tuna. But it is usually $3.99...so I've been checked for weeks in every store I shopped and I finally found it for $1.99 on a manager's sale. I bought 20 cans for $1 a piece! Yeah! Whenever I have a "hot" coupon in the future, I am going to do a sweep of stores until I find a great price. Anne is a hero of mine for the coupon matching she gives us every week but she can't include unadvertised specials.

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information