User Tag List

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Packed my snacks! I knew I was going to be going out for lunch, made the plans last week, but I brought snacks so that I didn't buy things to munch on mid-morning when I got hungry!
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Waited till I got to work to have a coffee

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

A few weeks ago we purchased two ikea lamps off of VarageSale for $5/each. (DH wanted to buy new @ $60-$70 per lamp) We are using them with high efficient bulbs in the two rooms in our house that have all those power-sucking potlights.

This month, we are following the Living Well Spend Less blog's October challenge... eating up what is in the pantry and freezer, taking lunches and coffee from home every day, sticking to a strict grocery budget and cutting out non-essential spending for the month.

To make it stick I did up a meal plan and printed out all my recipes for the whole month, so that I don't have to figure out what to make since that is what I struggle with the most.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Mon, Oct 5th, 2015 at 01:05 PM.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Pears peeled and cooking on the stove with a bit of sugar and cinnamon - will be canning 7 quarts of pear sauce from those and should have a bit left over to use for dinner tonight.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    A few weeks ago we purchased two ikea lamps off of VarageSale for $5/each. (DH wanted to buy new @ $60-$70 per lamp) We are using them with high efficient bulbs in the two rooms in our house that have all those power-sucking potlights.

This month, we are following the Living Well Spend Less blog's October challenge... eating up what is in the pantry and freezer, taking lunches and coffee from home every day, sticking to a strict grocery budget and cutting out non-essential spending for the month.

To make it stick I did up a meal plan and printed out all my recipes for the whole month, so that I don't have to figure out what to make since that is what I struggle with the most.
    Good job! Where do I find this blog? Sounds like an interesting read! I am determined to eat from the freezer the next while too (we have no choice- no room!) Really planning my meals (even on hockey nights!) I'm going to start prepping more on the weekend for the week.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

On Friday I switched all my prescriptions to SDM. Might as well get the points to apply towards purchases.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Good job! Where do I find this blog? Sounds like an interesting read! I am determined to eat from the freezer the next while too (we have no choice- no room!) Really planning my meals (even on hockey nights!) I'm going to start prepping more on the weekend for the week.
    I sent you the link. Food is always my fail point for our monthly budget, so I'm hoping doing all the planning and prep up front will help me remember what I need to take out of the freezer so we aren't scrambling after work.
    avoncallingu, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    I sent you the link. Food is always my fail point for our monthly budget, so I'm hoping doing all the planning and prep up front will help me remember what I need to take out of the freezer so we aren't scrambling after work.
    Thanks! Yes, having a dinner plan sure does save $ and time. I'm pretty good at that for the most part but still enjoy reading about it. Will have to take a look hopefully tonight
    avoncallingu, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

used just 7 lbs out of my 10 lb. bag of beets ( that cost a mere $1.44!! ) and made 8 x 1/2 pint jars of pickled beets! Mmmmm

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    used just 7 lbs out of my 10 lb. bag of beets ( that cost a mere $1.44!! ) and made 8 x 1/2 pint jars of pickled beets! Mmmmm
    Wish I liked beets lol. Our RCSS had the 10Lb bags on for .99 cents the other day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Having a tea at work.... for free.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Wish I liked beets lol. Our RCSS had the 10Lb bags on for .99 cents the other day.
    you know what?? I saw that post you made and I could not believe how cheap the beets were there!! ( Plus you know a 10 lb bag of them is a real commitment when 2 out of my 3 kids won't touch any ) ha ha
    West of us the customers pay quite a bit more for spuds than we do. I feel so lucky to have all these things on sale at this time ( onions, carrots, beets and spuds! )
    Silk, avoncallingu, Ciel and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Walked in the rain to the nearest grocery store - they marked down 4 L of milk to $1 and 1L of buttermilk to .25....all before expiry. We go through it fast enough so score
    Silk, avoncallingu, Ciel and 8 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Fri, Oct 30th, 2015 at 01:49 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to hospital to visit my brother -instead of paying 5 or 6 at a lot near there -hubby and I drove around the block and found a spot in front -someone already had a 1.00 in there for an hour -so we only paid a 1.00 to park -and meter still had 50 minutes on it when we left so I paid it forward to someone else -so paying a 1.00 at a meter to park is awesome
    Silk, avoncallingu, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information