User Tag List

Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Saved money by helping others, but it didn't cost me anything-- just time
    I remember being a student and being anxious about graduating when there were not many jobs out there.

The school had a program where we could talk with people who already graduated and ask them anything that they learned that would help us. They were my mentors.

I have done the same thing, mentoring students from that school and each time, the students have thanked me for letting them know about options they had. I helped them to network so that they will be more successful.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SCOP on ground pork! Didn't even have to ask for it, the cashier just did it right away.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Returned pj's I bought for DS for Christmas. He really didn't need them. Redeemed Wing Wong FPC x 3 for a Chinese at home dinner ( we will make rice) they are in the freezer for our next Chinese craving.
    Did all the laundry and put it away. Decided not to buy any clothing for anyone the next few months and purge our closets. ( teen has about $500 in gift cards for clothing but he is at that age and it was gifts so he doesn't count lol)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went into a few stores today in a plaza and only used store coupons and bought sale items
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Dec 31st, 2016 at 01:49 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

People in our building leave things on a table in the recycling room that they don't want but are still usable.
    I picked up a Vidal Sassoon set of heat-up hair rollers and a Noverber 2016 copy of a Chatelaine "Holiday Party Guide."

I don't usually like Chatelaine, but for free, I'll give it a browse.

I can certainly use the rollers.
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2017 at 10:18 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I started off my work week on a good foot this morning.

Made my coffee at home, brought my breakfast (Cream of wheat and clemintines)
    No leftovers for lunch today but I went home and made 2 eggs over easy with toast.
    Came back to work and made a tea. I have almonds and blackberries for an afternoon snack.
    I took boneless skinless chicken out of the freezer when home and will make a healthy dinner.

Trying to make my work weeks a "no spend" week. I can do this!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I stayed home and organized what needs to be returned tomorrow. Made a resolution - no more stuff unless absolutely necessary.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Shopped at SDM for various things that I rarely have time to shop for and got their 85,000 points (Is that right?)
    So spent money to save money and time.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I organized and have my prescription receipts ready to be mailed for reimbursements.

Laundry is downstairs hanging to dry.

Will make some sort of banana dessert to use them up before they are no longer approachable. I don't like freezing them for future use.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I organized and have my prescription receipts ready to be mailed for reimbursements.

Laundry is downstairs hanging to dry.

Will make some sort of banana dessert to use them up before they are no longer approachable. I don't like freezing them for future use.
    I am done freezing bananas for future use lol I never use them. I tossed tons awhile ago and vowed never to put a banana in the freezer again

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Picked up a nice vintage lamp and almost new Ikea curtains that someone had left by the dumpster. As if I need more stuff! Not sure where I'll put the lamp but it was too good to pass up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Didn't/won't spend a penny today. Went home for lunch. Going home now for the day. Whip up some dinner with food on hand and cuddle on the couch
    French Lady and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Batch cooked all day, it was a gong show, my daughter had to bring her new chocolate lab puppy and my two dogs and hers barked at each other half the morning, then the door bell rang and my daughter's friend stopped by with her 2 and 3 year old and some sort of tiny chihuahua type dog, so between 4 dogs barking and toddlers ripping through the house I was exhausted but managed to get a batch of black bean chili done and double batches of Lentil and ham soup, tortilla soup and Thai coconut chicken soup done. I kept part of the tortilla soup out and it is on the counter in the slow cooker with the sides, everyone can eat when they are ready and I will be in the basement enjoying nothing but staring at the wall for the evening!
    ROMEO, Silk, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Batch cooked all day, it was a gong show, my daughter had to bring her new chocolate lab puppy and my two dogs and hers barked at each other half the morning, then the door bell rang and my daughter's friend stopped by with her 2 and 3 year old and some sort of tiny chihuahua type dog, so between 4 dogs barking and toddlers ripping through the house I was exhausted but managed to get a batch of black bean chili done and double batches of Lentil and ham soup, tortilla soup and Thai coconut chicken soup done. I kept part of the tortilla soup out and it is on the counter in the slow cooker with the sides, everyone can eat when they are ready and I will be in the basement enjoying nothing but staring at the wall for the evening!
    wow tg, a gong show for sure! However, all the laughs and great conversations you must have shared plus spending time together is icing!! btw, was there any icing made for ....you know ....cakes??

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I am done freezing bananas for future use lol I never use them. I tossed tons awhile ago and vowed never to put a banana in the freezer again
    I freeze them in the summer for a nice low fat treat on their own instead of ice cream. I usually wrap them up in foil and take one out at a time.
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Jan 10th, 2017 at 07:44 PM.

Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information