User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Documents released...Cosby admits to using drugs for forced sex.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Beachdown, I am not quick to judge but the sealed papers have been opened and he is guilty of his crime, maybe not all the accusers are legit, who knows on that one.
    My shock is about Wayons interview, I have always really liked his work and admired his family for their grassroots success.I always envisioned the Wayons family of hard work and better morals. He just didn't strike me as someone that would take the stance he did.Goes to show you that celebrities will shock us every time and just because you like something they did doesn't mean you really know what they stand for.
    How many times have we heard / read about *some* women making up cancer stories, physical abuse, child molestation, only for it to come out that they made up the story all along for attention or sympathy????
    I think it is fair to say men can make up stories as well, don't think it is a gender based problem.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Sep 10th, 2015 at 06:20 PM.
    Lynn49, DaveP, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Correction...it is the Wayans family not "Wayons".

The emphasis in my post was on the amount of people coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden. I mean where were all these people until now? It's not like they were popular faces who didn't want to ruin their box office ticket sales, and needed to cover things up. I saw the clip of Wayans on that breakfast show rambling on, and even I was just shaking my head in disbelief. I am sure his family gave him a roasting after.

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Beachdown, I am not quick to judge but the sealed papers have been opened and he is guilty of his crime, maybe not all the accusers are legit, who knows on that one.
    My shock is about Wayons interview, I have always really liked his work and admired his family for their grassroots success.I always envisioned the Wayons family of hard work and better morals. He just didn't strike me as someone that would take the stance he did.Goes to show you that celebrities will shock us every time and just because you like something they did doesn't mean you really know what they stand for.

I think it is fair to say men can make up stories as well, don't think it is a gender based problem.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Yup I spelled the Wayan's name incorrectly, thanks for pointing that out.
    Lynn49, GoJays and DaveP like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You are welcome.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

........ugh!!!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes. That has happened.
    But not in this case, which is what we're talking about.
    Cosby is a slime-bucket, a worm, who should crawl into a hole until hauled out to face one or more victims in a courtroom! Then he should be tossed into a deep, dark, cold cell, never to see the light of day again!
    abbasgirl, DaveP, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds like you know him personally then, or this is a case of I heard it on the internet and it has to be true?

Again, if it was a member of your family or acquaintance that finds themselves in this situation, what would be your stance???? Simple question really

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Yes. That has happened.
    But not in this case, which is what we're talking about.
    Cosby is a slime-bucket, a worm, who should crawl into a hole until hauled out to face one or more victims in a courtroom! Then he should be tossed into a deep, dark, cold cell, never to see the light of day again!
    Last edited by beachdown; Fri, Sep 11th, 2015 at 09:46 AM.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

If one of my family or friends turned out to be the same kind of scumball Cosby has turned out to be, then I would disown them, never speak to them again, and pretend they don't exist. Including my close family (ie: mother, father, brother). There is no forgiveness and no acceptance for the kind of trauma that this man (and other people like him) have caused on the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Sounds like you know him personally then, or this is a case of I heard it on the internet and it has to be true?

Again, if it was a member of your family or acquaintance that finds themselves in this situation, what would be your stance???? Simple question really
    Lynn49, DaveP, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That will be my approach too...emphasis on "turned out to be", which am guessing you mean proved in court of law and not by public on social media? Just want to be clear here on my stance, and you can see that in my previous post about the alleged claims.

There is zero tolerance for any form of sexual assault / molestation / abuse, and the punishment should be severe regardless of which gender commits it. If a female school teacher sleeps with a male student, the punishment should be the same as what a male will get. There should be no BS sympathy remorse game card played.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter3 View Post
    If one of my family or friends turned out to be the same kind of scumball Cosby has turned out to be, then I would disown them, never speak to them again, and pretend they don't exist. Including my close family (ie: mother, father, brother). There is no forgiveness and no acceptance for the kind of trauma that this man (and other people like him) have caused on the world.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I automatically assume that rape accusations are valid, since false rape allegations make up less than 2% of all rape allegations, whereas the number of rapes that go unreported is estimated at over 10x the number that are reported.

Not everyone has the support they need to come out, and it's one of the hardest things in the world to admit has happened to you. I have been sexually assaulted, and so has one of my best friends, and neither of us ever went to the cops. Does that make our experiences less valid? No, it just means that we weren't able to report it at the time for whatever reason. Rape and sexual assault can CAUSE PTSD, so no, I don't ever make a snap judgment that an accuser is lying. If they're saying it, it's for a reason.

In addition, when it comes to celebrities, I would say I am a solid believer that it's not a BS claim as soon as there are two separate reports from two separate people (whether through the legal system, or on social media). One person, I may be skeptical, just because I'm fairly confident that a large portion of that 2% is accusations towards celebrities (a lot of people target celebrities as an easy way to get rich, either through fraud, false allegations of all sorts of things, etc). But as soon as 2 different people have made an allegation, I will believe it 100%.

But yes, I absolutely agree that any gender who commits rape should be treated with the same disgust and vitriol, both in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of society. A 15 year old boy who was assaulted by a 30+ year old teacher does not have "game" he was assaulted. And vice versa.

That will be my approach too...emphasis on "turned out to be", which am guessing you mean proved in court of law and not by public on social media? Just want to be clear here on my stance, and you can see that in my previous post about the alleged claims.

There is zero tolerance for any form of sexual assault / molestation / abuse, and the punishment should be severe regardless of which gender commits it. If a female school teacher sleeps with a male student, the punishment should be the same as what a male will get. There should be no BS sympathy remorse game card played.
    Lynn49 and DaveP like this.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@LLW3......I am sorry to hear about your experience! I acknowledge that not everyone that goes through this despicable act has the urge to go public. During my volunteer work overseas, I have witnessed young girls being abused amongst other things, and I always said that if such act gets directed towards any of my family, I might not be responsible for my actions.

Glad to see we are both in agreement on the other points I made. I can't for the life of me understand it when I see people try to make excuses and plead leniency when as you put it a 30 yr old teacher molests a 15 yr old boy. One easy way to approach this would be to make yourself the parent of the boy.
    Last edited by beachdown; Fri, Sep 11th, 2015 at 10:29 AM.
    lovelikewinter3 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter3 View Post
    I automatically assume that rape accusations are valid, since false rape allegations make up less than 2% of all rape allegations, whereas the number of rapes that go unreported is estimated at over 10x the number that are reported.

Not everyone has the support they need to come out, and it's one of the hardest things in the world to admit has happened to you. I have been sexually assaulted, and so has one of my best friends, and neither of us ever went to the cops. Does that make our experiences less valid? No, it just means that we weren't able to report it at the time for whatever reason. Rape and sexual assault can CAUSE PTSD, so no, I don't ever make a snap judgment that an accuser is lying. If they're saying it, it's for a reason.

In addition, when it comes to celebrities, I would say I am a solid believer that it's not a BS claim as soon as there are two separate reports from two separate people (whether through the legal system, or on social media). One person, I may be skeptical, just because I'm fairly confident that a large portion of that 2% is accusations towards celebrities (a lot of people target celebrities as an easy way to get rich, either through fraud, false allegations of all sorts of things, etc). But as soon as 2 different people have made an allegation, I will believe it 100%.

But yes, I absolutely agree that any gender who commits rape should be treated with the same disgust and vitriol, both in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of society. A 15 year old boy who was assaulted by a 30+ year old teacher does not have "game" he was assaulted. And vice versa.
    It seems we're coming at this from relatively the same experience; I never reported either because of embarassement. It's easier to put something like that behind us, although we find out that it's never forgotten nor does it stay in the past.

Women often decline to report incidents, particularly when they involve someone like Cosby because they feel they'll be bulldozed over by media and the bigger guns he'd have at his disposal! And of course other people will pop their heads into the story to remind everyone that SOMETIMES reports are false! Not constructive and it diminishes their personal tragedies. ONLY when one of them is brave enough to report, do others feel safe enough to do the same...there is power and safety in numbers!! But one would have to be a women to understand that in these circumstances!

And we do NOT correct spelling and grammar on this site! We don't need to be policed when we understand what that person or WHO that person was referring to.

The subject here is Cosby, not other cases, people, groups or incidents.
    GoJays, DaveP, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ ironically then, other people's experience don't count in this thread as "we are discussing Cosby"? I would have though sexual assault is just that regardless of the particular case. @LLW3, I guess the Cosby case is the only thing being discussed here
    Last edited by beachdown; Fri, Sep 11th, 2015 at 10:48 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Fri, Oct 30th, 2015 at 02:25 PM.
    Lynn49 and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

^ ironically then, other people's experience don't count in this thread as "we are discussing Cosby"? I would have though sexual assault is just that regardless of the particular case. @LLW3, I guess the Cosby case is the only thing being discussed here

You know what I think?
    I noticed that you take a particular pleasure in dropping into threads and taking a contrary position just to stir things up.
    I have to put you on "ignore" because I don't need negativity like that. It will mean that from this point on, I won't be able to see your response, or any of your posts.
    Feel free to do the same to me.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Sep 11th, 2015 at 11:01 AM.
    GoJays and DaveP like this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information