User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: cashier used wrong coupon code

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a 8000 points WUS 40$ offer, the cashier entered one of my coupons as a FPC instead of a regular coupon and of course I didn't get my points and no 1 on the receipt either! I tried calling and explain what happen but she wouldn't listen to me and kept telling me I am not going to get the points anyway because I was bellow 40$ after coupons and I still wouldn't get the points but I know it doesn't work that way...... What should I do? Try and go back to the store with my receipt and how should I ask the cashier without her saying no to me.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    momi and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

actually, CS is right. unless things changed over the last few weeks(hope so!) for personal offers coupon points are awarded after spending the full amount after coupons. (you can sneak by, by buying a gift card...) however coupon still count on non personal events as long as they are rung in properly. and I noticed they work on personalised vitamin events (so maybe the targeted to certain group ones still work..

Id suggest try emailing CS of shoppers depending on rep it may be able to help.
    dededi likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is incorrect - manufacturer coupons count towards the spend threshold, only FPCs do not count and thus OP's problem - CS is NOT correct here. I've NEVER come close to spending the total after coupons - please check out Shopper's Brags from folks who know how to minimize out of pocket to reach the thresholds while gaining full points. I'd also suggest reading their coupon policy which spells it out - it is only Shopper's coupons that do not count which makes total sense as MFC are just another form of currency and it's only the tax issue which makes FPCs tracked differently.

OP - I'd go back to the store and discuss with the manager.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TIGER View Post
    I got a 8000 points WUS 40$ offer, the cashier entered one of my coupons as a FPC instead of a regular coupon and of course I didn't get my points and no 1 on the receipt either! I tried calling and explain what happen but she wouldn't listen to me and kept telling me I am not going to get the points anyway because I was bellow 40$ after coupons and I still wouldn't get the points but I know it doesn't work that way...... What should I do? Try and go back to the store with my receipt and how should I ask the cashier without her saying no to me.
    That is why I always keep an eye when cashier enter the coupon code and I also keep an eye at the end before paying that my digital offer coupon I'd is showing up or not...
    Only last time my both offers with minimum threshold amount showed up but when cashier entered the total button one offer disappeared.its only because may be I can not combine them.
    Last edited by momi; Fri, Jul 3rd, 2015 at 04:22 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    That is why I always keep an eye when cashier enter the coupon code and I also keep an eye at the end before paying that my digital offer coupon I'd is showing up or not...
    Only last time my both offers with minimum threshold amount showed up but when cashier entered the total button one offer disappeared.its only because may be I can not combine them.
    @momi Same thing happened to me last week. Bought $50 GC with 8000 WUS $50 (Friday only) and 12000 WUS $50 (week-long) both loaded. Was just curious to see what would happen given the glitches lately. Both showed up but after totalling and paying only the 12000 pts coupon was processed.
    Anna Michele, momi and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bryceton View Post
    actually, CS is right. unless things changed over the last few weeks(hope so!) for personal offers coupon points are awarded after spending the full amount after coupons. (you can sneak by, by buying a gift card...) however coupon still count on non personal events as long as they are rung in properly. and I noticed they work on personalised vitamin events (so maybe the targeted to certain group ones still work..

Id suggest try emailing CS of shoppers depending on rep it may be able to help.
    They sure as heck do count lol
    LIVE SIMPLE, Mich649 and dededi like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the replies! I was in a hurry and didn't check my bill before leaving the store. I think I will try emailing them first. I hate having to go in and try to explain myself at this store because there's a few cashiers there that simply don't want to be bothered beside scanning your purchases. I onced asked about not getting the rebate on a personal offer and she told me we don't give out free stuff. I was so embarrassed

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First time using loaded offed since SDM changed over . 8000 puts wus 30.

but of course did not work.....

Used the Almay coupon. Cashier rang in as Vend cpn free 2002.

No points ... So frustrating. Spent an extra 17.00 for things I really don't need this week so I could get the 8000 pts.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

There used to be a manager at my local store (the one closest to me but I never shop there) who told employees to ring in coupons as FPCs bc the bit of tax is less than they pay out for the points they give us as a franchise store

Every 20x day they would ring them in as FPCs then reg days, 2001 - thankfully he is gone, but I still don't shop there.

Sadly, it would be hard to prove which coupons you actually used to get them to fix it, they likely have a FPC in the till. Depends on what you bought and if anything is the same price
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Doesn't surprise me FallenPixels! One of the stores I go to they are always out of the 1-2day sale at noon. I think they are just limiting the quantity because the store is always empty.
    I actually I only bought a few idems. 6 cans of pledge, 3 Nestle chocolate bars and 2 -2litres of milk. The cashier entered one of the 4$ off coupon for pledge as an fpc. I wrote them an email, I will see what they respond.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    They sure as heck do count lol
    awesome. when the digital load online coupons first came out they def didnt count for weels. it was by total not base points. glad to here they fixed it. havent been in shoppers in awhile from becuz of all the points i lost becuz of it.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

awesome. when the digital load online coupons first came out they def didnt count for weels. it was by total not base points. glad to here they fixed it. havent been in shoppers in awhile from becuz of all the points i lost becuz of it.
    Sorry if it didn't work for you, but that's not the case. You may want to read the other shoppers threads more.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

What do you mean by didn't' count for weels?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    What do you mean by didn't' count for weels?
    I think that's an expression? Lol, like didn't count for beans?
    CrazyQT and LIVE SIMPLE like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think it was just a typo and they meant weeks? L is beside K
    CrazyQT likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information