User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: TLC cancels "19 Kids and Counting

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'm glad it's cancelled.. the show was one of the top rated shows for TLC they could have kept it going kept bringing in the money but they chose to take a step forward and remove the show they did similar with Honey boo boo i felt like the duggers swept this whole thing under the rug and chose not to disclose it i saw the interviews with the girls and with the parents and it floored me how they were all saying it's no big deal

personally i kept waiting for one of the kids (most likely a girl) to rebel from the super restrictive lifestyle
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

When I came home form the hospital after having my cardiac stents done there happened to be a 19 kids and counting marathon on and I was too lazy and tired to find the remote! this was the first time watching for me.

All I can say is this family seriously gives me the creeps but the dad just tops them all. TLC has provided them with quite a lifestyle, to have all the privileges and wealth they have.I am sure they will miss the income and the dad will miss the fame. Good riddance.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    When I came home form the hospital after having my cardiac stents done there happened to be a 19 kids and counting marathon on and I was too lazy and tired to find the remote! this was the first time watching for me.

All I can say is this family seriously gives me the creeps but the dad just tops them all. TLC has provided them with quite a lifestyle, to have all the privileges and wealth they have.I am sure they will miss the income and the dad will miss the fame. Good riddance.
    Oh, Thriftygranny...I SO agree with you about the Dad missing the fame! I happened to be f-l-i-p-p-ing (why is that a banned word for heaven's sake?!) channels some time last year and there he was, in the washroom spraying so much hairspray on his head, the whole bathroom was white with the stuff! I thought anything that touched him would be stuck there forever!! Blah. And there's the mousy little Wife, giggling at his over-use of hairspray, with her hangy-down dreadful hair just flopping around...creepy doesn't begin to describe it! Where on earth did he find this barefoot-and-pregnant wife material??!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Jul 18th, 2015 at 04:36 PM.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    personally i kept waiting for one of the kids (most likely a girl) to rebel from the super restrictive lifestyle
    I still have hopes for Jinger though. Poor CinderJana looks stuck there for life.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I still have hopes for Jinger though. Poor CinderJana looks stuck there for life.

fingers crossed.. i think they need to break free from this brain washed submissive woman doing all the work and popping out kids lifestyle and find herself.. with the show gone she might have a chance though she'd have to run far from her chaperones since the girls are not allowed out without some sort of male chaperone (even if it's their younger brothers)

i'm hoping the two girls who have since gotten married find a healthy balance in life now that they are out from under daddy's iron rule
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Spin-off may happen of 19 kids and counting

TLC may have pulled 19 Kids And Counting off the air, but the network is still keeping the Duggar family close. They still haven’t ruled out a spinoff, they’re still featuring the family on their website alongside shows that are still airing, and they’re actually using Jill and Jessa in the upcoming special about child sex abuse. If the show is really cancelled, why is TLC holding on so tight? What are their future plans for the Duggar family?

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

TLC announces sex abuse documentry

After thoughtful consideration, TLC and the Duggar family have decided to not move forward with 19 Kids and Counting. The show will no longer appear on the air.

The recent attention around the Duggars has sparked a critical and important conversation about child protection.
    Over these past weeks, TLC has consulted regularly with leading victims' rights and advocacy organizations in the U.S., including RAINN and Darkness to Light, to discuss how to use this moment to address the issue and make a positive impact. Unfortunately, child sexual abuse is not an isolated issue; it affects many children and families around the world. To that end, we are partnering with both organizations on a multi-platform campaign to raise awareness and educate parents and families about the issue. In the first phase of this initiative, TLC will work closely with both groups and with the Duggar family on a one-hour documentary that will include Jill and Jessa and other survivors and families that have been affected by abuse.
    TLC has been especially concerned for the victims in this situation, including the Duggar family, and it is our hope that this effort will help those in need learn where to turn for information and help. The documentary will be commercial free, and we anticipate it will air later this summer

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Free Jinger has lots of Duggar related threads including the transcripts of the Megyn Kelly shows and the police report on Josh Dugger

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i think it's good TLC is doing a documentary on child sexual abuse, this is two of their top rated shows now pulled because of issues related to this topic and it's important to educate people about how important it is to stop it/report it and prevent it from happening and i do applaud them for doing this WITHOUT commercials (meaning they will make no advertising revenue off of it)

i'm also not against the idea of a spin off but i don't think it should be the same type of show just dropping half the cast.. it should be something completely different... like following Jill and Derick to Napal to film the humanitarian/ministry work (and bring light to what is going on there)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i knew it was somewhere they do missionary work, it was Nepal where they first met... though first world amenities are somewhat good to have since she did recently just have a child.. i think it's good that they are breaking free of her family and not just staying put working for her dad doing midwifery and popping out kids....Following them for a small part of their trip could be great it and it would be educational too
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Josh Duggar " had paid Ashley Madison " account

In 2013, conservative reality TV star Josh Duggar—of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting fame—was named the executive director of the Family Research Council, a conservative lobbying group in D.C. which seeks “to champion marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society.” During that time, he also maintained a paid account on Ashley Madison, a web site created for the express purpose of cheating on your spouse. In May 2015, Duggar was forced to resign afterIn Touch Weekly reported that he had molested five young girls (four of whom were his own sisters) beginning in 2002. When the accusations became public, the family went into crisis mode, insisting that Josh had reformed and that the media covering the claims was intent on “exploiting women.”
    walkonby and Davetherave like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I JUST heard this today!! I suppose the ones that scream the loudest about morality, virtue and faith are the ones that practice none of these in their own lives. Disgusting creep!!
    Midnightly and Davetherave like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Josh's statement

"I have been the biggest hypocrite ever. While espousing faith and family values, I have secretly over the last several years been viewing ography on the internet and this became a secret addiction and I became unfaithful to my wife.
    I am so ashamed of the double life that I have been living and am grieved for the hurt, pain and disgrace my sin has caused my wife and family, and most of all Jesus and all those who profess faith in Him.

I brought hurt and a reproach to my family, close friends and the fans of our show with my actions that happened when I was 14-15 years old, and now I have re-broken their trust.

The last few years, while publicly stating I was fighting against immorality in our country, I was hiding my own personal failings.

As I am learning the hard way, we have the freedom to choose our actions, but we do not get to choose our consequences. I deeply regret all hurt I have caused so many by being such a bad example.

I humbly ask for your forgiveness. Please pray for my precious wife Anna and our family during this time.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I JUST heard this today!! I suppose the ones that scream the loudest about morality, virtue and faith are the ones that practice none of these in their own lives. Disgusting creep!!
    It's starting to look like 2 different accounts, including 1 with a $250 guarented affair payment.

And an OKCupid account.
    walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information