User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: TLC cancels "19 Kids and Counting

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow....Where did that come from? I'll be damn, proof that humans won't always agree on the same things.

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Well something we can agree on.
    Last edited by beachdown; Fri, Sep 11th, 2015 at 01:03 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

TLC special to focus on Jill and Jessa

Months after a scandal involving a member of the Duggar family shut down TLC's long-running reality hit "19 Kids and Counting," the network is resuming its on-air relationship with the Arkansas brood by starring daughters Jill and Jessa in two or more specials. Production begins soon on the programs, announced Thursday, with an anticipated airdate by year-end for at least the first of them. Two or three are currently planned, the network said.
    So far untitled, they will feature Jill Dillard, 24, who, with her husband, Derick, and their infant son are preparing to move to El Salvador for missionary work, and sister Jessa Seewald, 22, who with her husband Ben is expecting their first child on Nov. 1.
    A production source who spoke on the condition of anonymity said the programs will not include 27-year-old Josh Duggar, the oldest of the Duggar siblings and the subject of revelations last May that, as a teenager, had fondled four of his sisters, including Jill and Jessa. More recently he publicly apologized for a ography addiction and cheating on his wife. The source said he will not appear on any future TLC programming.
    "What we will be following in these specials is Jessa preparing for her first child," TLC Executive Vice President and General Manager Nancy Daniels told The Associated Press, "and we'll be watching Jill preparing to make a major move to Central America with her family, which we know is something our audience will be interested in."
    The project, Daniels said, came together quickly "after talking with the girls and understanding that this was something they wanted to do.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is nuts to think of all the time she spent on that man and for him to do that to her. Goes to show going to church every Sunday don't mean crap. lol
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How long was the show on the air?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Britanica View Post
    It is nuts to think of all the time she spent on that man and for him to do that to her. Goes to show going to church every Sunday don't mean crap. lol
    It doesn't mean "crap" to SOME people.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

IIRC there were several specials from 2008-2011 and that's when they got the seasons starting. It was 14 k&c, 15K&C and 16 K&C. The first season was 17K&C.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Home schooling program used by Duggars sued for sexually abusing minors

The Institute in Basic Life Principles, (IBLP) the homeschooling program used by the Duggar family, was accused of covering up sexual assault against underage girls in a lawsuit filed on Tuesday, the Washington Post reported. The five plaintiffs, identified as Charis Barker, Rachel Frost, Rachel Lees, Gretchen Wilkinson and one Jane Doe, are each seeking $50,000 in damages, saying they were “at times minors” when they were subjected to the abuse and “inappropriate touching” during their association with the group.
    While the institute is named as a defendant in the suit, founder and former director Bill Gothard, who was placed on “indefinite administrative leave” last year after being accused of sexually harassing and abusing employees, was not. Despite being cleared in an internal investigation by the group — which the lawsuit described as a “sham” — Gothard is not allowed to hold any sort of counseling or leadership role within the institute.
    Despite not being named in the suit, Gothard is accused of abusive actions against the victims, who were as young as 13 or 14 years old when they took place. The womens’ attorney, David Gibbs III, said Gothard would offer counseling to them at the IBLP’s home office in Oak Brook, Illinois. He would them touch the victims inappropriately when they were alone, or in the back seat of the car if Gothard used a driver.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So many lives may have been affected by him...how on earth can he live with himself?!
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    So many lives may have been affected by him...how on earth can he live with himself?!
    By worshiping God or Mammon??

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Michelle Duggar does have a yummy tator tot casserole recipe that she posted on her site.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

19 K&C -maybe including Josh-returns to TLC

The only thing America's Christian extremists love more than a devout Christian conservative is one who has fallen from grace but claims to have been forgiven by God.
    Six months ago TLC canceled "19 Kids and Counting" after realizing eldest son Josh Duggar's admission of sexually abusing several young girls when he was a teen, including some of his own sisters, was just too toxic for the show to continue. His later admission of being "addicted" to ography and having affairs seemed to seal the decision permanently. Duggar also was forced to quit his job at the anti-gay hate group, Family Research Council Action where he served as its executive director despite having little previous work experience, sans a job at the family's used car lot.
    It was also revealed that Duggar had two paid accounts at AshleyMadison, the extramarital dating site, and was accused of hiring prostitutes and having rough sex with them.
    Not exactly a "family show" by the religious right's standards.
    But now TLC is bringing "19 Kids And Counting" back.
    "Fans of the TLC series '19 Kids and Counting' will be happy to know that the series will be back for another run," the Christian Post reports.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I hope no one watches.

Darth, you sure keep up on their news!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I hope no one watches.

Darth, you sure keep up on their news!

I follow a couple of religious right USA blogs that follow them..

But they were a secret pleasure of mine at one time...

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

They're coming back..

The Duggar family is officially returning to television.TLC has just announced that a full season of Jill and Jessa: Counting On will premiere next month, following many of the older Duggar children and Josh Duaggr's wife Anna.
    The show will not however include Josh, whose molestation scandal led to the cancellation of the family's original reality show 19 Kids and Counting last summer.
    The first preview also suggests that sister Joy Anna will have a large role in the new series, and she is seen crying in the first promo as she discusses how difficult last year was, with Josh's molestation scandal followed a few months later by news of extramarital affairs and a addiction.
    'With all our family's gone through, I've grown up a lot,' says Joy Ann.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    lilo0003 likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information