11 20.75%
Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1837
Like Tree3751Likes

Thread: October Federal Election Discussion / Poll

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 11:15 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Patty, you were right, no surprise

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...ebecois-report
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Oct 22nd, 2015 at 01:30 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    While I disagree with everything Mr. Douceppe stands for he was by far the lesser of 2 evils as leader. The former leader Mario Beaulieu was a racist pig of a man. Check out these real videos of him going around Montreal denouncing businesses who he thinks are putting the french language in danger. You cannot make this stuff up.

walkonby and beachdown like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trudeau stands by refugees promise

Justin Trudeau says he will deliver on his promise to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada by the end of 2015, in an exclusive television interview airing this Saturday on W5.

When asked about the refugees commitment, Trudeau said “that’s something we’re getting cracking on right away,” adding that he has already met with the Clerk of the Privy Council and the Governor General about implementing his platform.

The Liberal leader told CTV Question Period in early September that he supports sending Canadian military planes with security and immigration officials to Jordan, Lebanon and Syria to airlift refugees out of the region, as Canada did in 1979 to rescue fleeing Vietnamese.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trude...view-1.2621705

-----------

I don't think that's enough time to do proper screening, nor to have things in place in Canada to receive the refugees.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Justin Trudeau says he will deliver on his promise to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada by the end of 2015, in an exclusive television interview airing this Saturday on W5.

When asked about the refugees commitment, Trudeau said “that’s something we’re getting cracking on right away,” adding that he has already met with the Clerk of the Privy Council and the Governor General about implementing his platform.

The Liberal leader told CTV Question Period in early September that he supports sending Canadian military planes with security and immigration officials to Jordan, Lebanon and Syria to airlift refugees out of the region, as Canada did in 1979 to rescue fleeing Vietnamese.

-----------

I don't think that's enough time to do proper screening, nor to have things in place in Canada to receive the refugees.

i agree with you... while i'm not against bringing in refugees i think it will take more time then two months to properly screen, and to put a solid long term plan in place to house, feed, care, educate, and find jobs for that many refugees
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

-----------

I saw an interview with one of our former military men and he said we could easily bring in 50,000 by xmas. Sorry can't remember the guy's name.

I don't agree with bringing in that many because I don't believe many of them are truly refugees, but that's just my opinion. I do think may of them are trouble and this has already been proven in Italy and Germany.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

sending Canadian military planes with security and immigration officials to Jordan, Lebanon and Syria to airlift refugees out of the region, as Canada did in 1979 to rescue fleeing Vietnamese
    Except some "governments" (not exactly legitimate ones agreed, but ruling anyway) see this as an act of war since we are not invited, exactly why the people are fleeing

I also agree that it takes time to screen people, and even with the time frame countries have been working with, are not screening well enough. These people are taking what they can carry which doesn't always translate to what they will actually need, many have no documents etc and could be anyone. The way refugee screening within Canada works also means that they are densely populated in some areas which with 25k will cause issues itself
    Crochetlady and thriftygranny like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Patty Smyth and Crochetlady like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What's the future look like under the new Liberal government?
    Liberal majority: They're back after almost 10 years in the political wilderness ...and expectations are high. Can the Liberals deliver on all their promises? What's your reaction to the win? Join Duncan McCue, Sunday on CBC Radio One and SiriusXM at 1 pm PT, 2 pm MT, 3 pm CT, 4 pm ET, 5pm AT, and 5:30 pm NT

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/checkup
    if you have some spare time

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Less than one week after guiding his party to a surprise majority in the federal election, Prime Minister-designate Justin Trudeau has already filed 35 million workplace harassment complaints against his employers, the people of Canada. “Obviously this isn’t the way I envisioned starting a new job,” explained Trudeau, “But I can’t work like this. Everywhere I go, women keep calling me names like ‘The PMILF,’ telling me to smile more, and yelling things like “show us your abs!” This morning, Marc Garneau and Bill Blair had a 45-minute conversation about how able I am. In my office. Right in front me.”
    The Liberal leader went on to add that the problem is even worse online, where his social media feeds have been inundated with shirtless photos of him, invitations from constituents to “Netflix and chill,” as well as countless links to editorial pieces on what political insiders all agree is “a pretty stellar D”.
    The harassment has become so pervasive, Trudeau notes, that’s it’s even spread beyond Canada’s borders.
    “Angela Merkel drunk dialled me at 3am last night,” recounted the Papineau MP, “To tell me she’d rather sit on my face than on the UN Security Council.”
    http://www.thebeaverton.com/national...against-canada

anisa, Patty Smyth and lecale like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

24 Sussex a sh*&thole. Here is an article from 2011 and guess who's fault it was that nothing was done to it even though the recommendations came in 2008.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-wont-move-out
    anisa and beachdown like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But she is kinda cute though, and a woman in position of power

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    bahahahahahahahahahah sorry Agluukaq????
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey...don't say it, just bite your tongue You think this is bad, have you been to Buckingham Palace lately? It's going to cost Canada's GDP to fix that mess

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    24 Sussex a sh*&thole. Here is an article from 2011 and guess who's fault it was that nothing was done to it even though the recommendations came in 2008.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...-wont-move-out
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

(response to Patty's post, sorry - forgot to quote)

It's needed repairs and renovations much longer than that - it's surely not the fault of the Harpers.

They seemed to have managed quite well there raising their family, without having to have the absolute best of everything - but then, they are rather modest people.
    Any urgent repairs were done as needed, more done during the summer when they weren't there.
    Crochetlady likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast

Thread Information