11 20.75%
Page 31 of 123 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast
Like Tree3751Likes

Thread: October Federal Election Discussion / Poll

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Plenty of racism in big cities where there is hard feelings over jobs being given to immigrants while people born & raised there are unemployed.
    Sometimes locally raised people don't have the skills needed for the job..and that's not the fault of immigrants...TYVM.
    thriftygranny and beachdown like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

True that...but try explaining that to xenophobes

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Sometimes locally raised people don't have the skills needed for the job..and that's not the fault of immigrants...TYVM.
    Side note: Never trust anyone that goes by "buddy"

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/el...repentigny.php

Slide show of all the people dropped thus far in this link

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/09...n_8141966.html
    Last edited by beachdown; Tue, Sep 15th, 2015 at 09:38 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you....lived on 4 continents and well traveled. At least am not the one hating on people wearing Burquas / people from countries that end in "istan"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Yes, you're much more worldly than the rest of us. It shows in every post you make.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    At least am not the one hating on people wearing Burquas / people from countries that end in "istan"
    And I'll bet they love you back, eh?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Crochetlady, DaveP, Tbites and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

eta...One of the annoying things about being an immigrant regarding employment...either (general) you are "stealing" a job from a Canadian* or you're "mooching off the state". Its a black/white issue for some people.

* Regardless of the skill level or desiribilty of the job, doctor or street cleaner. Some Canadians don't have the education to be a doctor or the desire to do manual work and neither do some immigrants. It's a 2 way street.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't show tolerance for fellow humans to be "loved back" or get "likes". Can you same the same about yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    And I'll bet they love you back, eh?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Definitely, and as an immigrant myself, I have taken a job from a Canadian (I saw the resumes for the other people my boss interviewed, they had all been here a long time with schooling etc here, on paper they were just as qualified, but my previous experience in a similar role even in another country gave me an edge). That being said, I am sure the other 3 would have done a good job, maybe just take a little longer to settle into the role.

More of a point that cities can be much worse for racism than uneducated small minded people in small towns or countryside
    Crochetlady, DaveP and Tbites like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh...don't forget some "Canadians" are worse at mooching of the state, a pot some have never paid into, and it's laughable when they call it "their money". It's the ones that don't have the education for the top and middle occupations that vent the most. I mean a lot of young Canadians think a job at Timmies / grocery stores are beneath them because it's not "cool" enough.

@FallenPixel...you know the history back home, and yes there can be racism in the city also, but by and large it is rampant in the small towns / country

eta...One of the annoying things about being an immigrant regarding employment...either (general) you are "stealing" a job from a Canadian* or you're "mooching off the state". Its a black/white issue for some people.

* Regardless of the skill level or desiribilty of the job, doctor or street cleaner. Some Canadians don't have the education to be a doctor or the desire to do manual work and neither do some immigrants. It's a 2 way street.
    Last edited by beachdown; Tue, Sep 15th, 2015 at 09:53 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Please do not make me put my moderator hat on, keep it friendly
    Crochetlady and DaveP like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

This is one of those strawman arguments, yes? I don't recall anyone in this thread saying they were against immigration. I myself said we need immigration. Those who are wary of accepting refugees are concerned about accepting people into our society who do not share our values: ie, religious freedom, women's rights, homosexual rights... you know, the things that make Canada one of the best places in the world to live.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    I don't show tolerance for fellow humans to be "loved back" or get "likes". Can you same the same about yourself?
    I'm not tolerant of the intolerant, most North Americans aren't. It's interesting that you are tolerant of the intolerant and consider it a badge of honor.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The media is ignoring the controversial pasts of ndp and liberal candidates and is only going after the tories...thats bias
    Crochetlady and DaveP like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

#DaveP..... So that bus driver in Halifax who is clearly not a visible minority (just one example), and refuses to accept transgenders and gays and lesbians, and there are many more like him in the country, behaviour is rampant amongst young people too. Then there is the physical abuse of women by Canadians (so much for women's rights), ...what is your thoughts on all that re: values, human rights...things that should add to Canada being one of the best places to live?

See it's easy to pick on immigrants, when there is home bred people that have issues with "our values"
    Last edited by beachdown; Tue, Sep 15th, 2015 at 10:04 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Yay, the Vinyl Cafe is on in a minute. Sleep tight all, see you in the morning.

Page 31 of 123 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread Information