11 20.75%
Page 90 of 123 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1837
Like Tree3751Likes

Thread: October Federal Election Discussion / Poll

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I'm not in Toronto so I don't know, do they Fords still have some clout with the electorate there? I hear a lot of seats are in play in the GTA right now.
    They do have clout, especially in the suburban parts
    DaveP likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Just talked to a friend who works for the NDP

they have new attack ads almost ready to go with regards to this lobbying scandal.

The Tories most definitely have some also.
    It's too late.
    lecale and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    It's too late.
    Look at Alberta in 2012

Things can change in one weekend

They have in the past
    Natalka and DaveP like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It's too late.
    I think you're probably right Patty. If this had come out earlier the NDP would have had some to time to make some hay about 'Liberal backdoor dealings with the evil oil companies', but we may be too close to voting day now for them to take much advantage.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think you're probably right Patty. If this had come out earlier the NDP would have had some to time to make some hay about 'Liberal backdoor dealings with the evil oil companies', but we may be too close to voting day now for them to take much advantage.
    I think Harper's plan with the extended election campaign backfired. He wanted people to get maximum exposure of Trudeau hoping that he would crumble and put his foot in his mouth but I think the public are a little smarter than he took us for. If we had the regular 35 day campaign we would probably be looking at an NDP minority or perhaps majority. So really it backfired on 2 levels.
    lecale, DaveP and thriftygranny like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Also if you are dragging out the Ford brothers, you are desperate. The adds will be so nasty in the next week. Should be amusing on all fronts.
    lecale, DaveP and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I think Harper's plan with the extended election campaign backfired. He wanted people to get maximum exposure of Trudeau hoping that he would crumble and put his foot in his mouth but I think the public are a little smarter than he took us for. If we had the regular 35 day campaign we would probably be looking at an NDP minority or perhaps majority. So really it backfired on 2 levels.
    Yeah. I mostly agree but I don't think Harper underestimated the public, he underestimated Trudeau. I admit, I did too. I still don't think he'll be a great PM but he has shown himself to be better in this campaign than most thought he would be. After this election I expect Harper (and me) will be like Brazeau in that boxing match - picking ourselves up off the floor and wondering wtf just happened.
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, Oct 15th, 2015 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typed then rather than than. I'm ready for the home. :(

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Trudeau has pleasantly surprised me, I think he has run a great campaign. Harper has disappointed me hugely, now for me is it vote for the party or the person and I think a lot people are on the fence as well. It isn't too late to lose my vote Harper.
    DaveP likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wise words.
    DaveP likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 11:33 AM.
    DaveP likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Playing devil's advocate. The two families are "friends", and the Fords rule the Etobicoke ridings anyway

Also if you are dragging out the Ford brothers, you are desperate. The adds will be so nasty in the next week. Should be amusing on all fronts.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    The Harper government has offered Trudeau and Mulcair a chance to preview the TPP on the Friday before the election. That would leave 2 campaign days to go over the limited information and communicate what the party thinks it means to Canadians. Harper had promised to release the information before the election, and he's left it to the absolute last moment.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...-pco-1.3273342
    I don't blame the TPP timing on Harper, I don't think that's his doing. It's a 13 (?) nation agreement that has just been concluded and the final wording is being written up by the lawyers and bean counters from those 13 countries. The timing of this wasn't set by the government of Canada, we're one of the small players. I understand the timing was set by the US and Japan, the two biggies. I rather think Harper would have preferred it be concluded before the campaign began so he could fully trumpet what he feels are the positives of the agreement, or after the election so he could say now what he was fighting for. This timing is awkward, and not beneficial to the Conservatives, so there's no reason for him to have timed it this way. Canada is just the beaver sleeping next to the elephant again. And the elephant rolled over.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The Fords may not be as popular as they were, and I think the majority prefer the tamer quieter and less embarrassing Toronto under Tory. But for people with a more conservative view, they still do have clout in the Toronto area (and even out here, people wish our mayor "at least gave a damn like Ford did" because he doesn't like to rock the boat and this is NDP land.

As far as TPP - I doubt Canada had much say in the timing, it has been a long term deal and I would imagine that Harper would have preferred not to annoy some of their farming base with it this close to the election and needed people present at the talks during the election run up when they could be at campaign stops.
    lecale and DaveP like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think for the Conservatives, many of whom did not think they would win, a Liberal government is a safer choice than an NDP one for not undoing all of their policies
    DaveP likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Thu, Oct 29th, 2015 at 11:33 AM.
    FallenPixels and DaveP like this.

Page 90 of 123 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast

Thread Information