• Other/Haven't decided yet

11 20.75%
Page 1 of 123 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree3751Likes

Thread: October Federal Election Discussion / Poll

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Expired
    Wondering how folks are planning to vote. I know there are a decent number of Conservatives here, but I'm wondering who the anti-conservatives are choosing. Liberal? NDP? Green? Bloq?

And let us know if you're voting strategically in your comments, because that's always interesting. As in you're a liberal supporter but the NDP candidate has the best chance of defeating the conservative in your riding, or vice versa, so that's how you're voting. I'm a conservative supporter but if in my riding the vote is tight between liberal and NDP and the conservative is out of the running, I might just hold my nose and vote Liberal to cut the NDP seat count. That kind of thing. I'll try to put the poll up now, give it a few minutes,
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im voting conservative. I like my MP, he is active in the community and will likely be re elected
    Andit, JadeAngel, DaveP and 3 others like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was doing a survey about the election and screened out right after I said I was voting conservative.....if this happens can we really trust polls that say tories support is down?
    Andit, DaveP, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It's funny how the different polling companies are coming to different results. Nanos has the Conservatives dropping and the NDP gaining, Ipsos has the Conservatives surging, but that just brings them neck and neck with the NDP. Both have the liberals plummeting, so it's a two horse race, Mulcair and Harper - Trudeau way back in third. A CBC radio political commentator said Trudeau my be presiding over the demise of the Liberal party, worse than last elections results.

A lot of time to go though and election day will be interesting.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    It's funny how the different polling companies are coming to different results. Nanos has the Conservatives dropping and the NDP gaining, Ipsos has the Conservatives surging, but that just brings them neck and neck with the NDP. Both have the liberals plummeting, so it's a two horse race, Mulcair and Harper - Trudeau way back in third. A CBC radio political commentator said Trudeau my be presiding over the demise of the Liberal party, worse than last elections results.

A lot of time to go though and election day will be interesting.
    Trudeau has been alienating traditional supporters of the liberal party. Many of whom are now going to the conservatives
    Horndogg, Andit, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Trudeau has been alienating traditional supporters of the liberal party. Many of whom are now going to the conservatives
    That's definitely what the July 29 Ipsos poll shows. The Conservatives gained 5 points, the NDP lost 1 and the Liberals lost 4. Not every Liberal who gives up on Trudeau is going to Mulcair. Looks like most will go to Harper. Most liberals are centrists. Mulcair is not a centrist. Harper governs as a centrist. Centrist Liberals are more likely to go Conservative than NDP if they feel their Liberal vote will be a wasted one.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    That's definitely what the July 29 Ipsos poll shows. The Conservatives gained 5 points, the NDP lost 1 and the Liberals lost 4. Not every Liberal who gives up on Trudeau is going to Mulcair. Looks like most will go to Harper. Most liberals are centrists. Mulcair is not a centrist. Harper governs as a centrist. Centrist Liberals are more likely to go Conservative than NDP if they feel their Liberal vote will be a wasted one.
    Indeed. it seems many overestimated Trudeau and underestimated harper
    Horndogg, Andit, Natalka and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm voting for Donald Trump!! ( lol!! ) No, actually I am still on the fence about this election. There are no good choices I feel.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Lynn49 and 6 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I'm voting for Donald Trump!! ( lol!! ) No, actually I am still on the fence about this election. There are no good choices I feel.
    There's always the Rhino party
    Name:  rhinoparty2.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  10.2 KB
    Andit, Crochetlady, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have always voted conservative but I`m with walks on this one. As long as Trudeau doesn`t get in I`ll be happy. Didn`t like his father either.
    Andit, DaveP, walkonby and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love that Stephen Harper cut the GST then he did it again a 2nd time.
    I love the TFSA, wish it had been there since I was 18.
    I love that he was negotiating the TPP to LOWER THE PRICE OF DAIRY AND POULTRY.

I have heard both liberals and ndp representatives talking about FOOD SUSTAINABILITY which means A CARBON TAX ON FOOD.

I don't buy fancy electronics or a new car; almost my entire budget is dedicated to grocery shopping.

A CARBON TAX ON FOOD will be a real tragedy for our family and I prey Stephen Harper wins if for no other reason that we'll stlll be able to afford the food we like to eat.
    strew, Andit, Crochetlady and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I do feel a bit sorry for Trudeau. He was swept into the leadership with a wave of euphoria by many Liberals. this is our guy! But as a politician Mulcair ate him for a snack and liberal supporters are fleeing the sinking ship. Some going to the Mulcair on the left, some going to Harper's right. I feel bad for him on a personal level because I think he really thought this would be a cakewalk - he'd win through charm and youthful good looks, along with his family name. Instead the more experienced politicians (on both sides) chewed him up and spit him out.

On a political level, I'm a bit worried. I'd hoped for more of a fight on the left, but Trudeau doesn't have it in him. And to be truthful, if the Conservatives were to lose I'd far prefer Trudeau as PM than Mulcair. At least Trudeau wouldn't break too many dishes in Canada's kitchen. He wouldn't govern much differently than Harper.

And I think I mentioned earlier, I live in a part of the country that traditionally votes left. If when I go to the polls in October our local Conservative candidate is a distant third, I may just vote liberal if the polls between the liberal and ndp candidates are too close to call.

Mulcair is too much of a disaster to contemplate.
    Last edited by DaveP; Sat, Aug 1st, 2015 at 08:41 PM.
    Andit, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Still undecided, I always voted liberal. Not crazy for either Harper or Trudeau. I really don't think there are any other options.
    Andit, Lynn49, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Our ridings have changed so much for this election.

For the newly-created riding I'm in (and we moved within the city since the last election anyway), Minister Lynn Yelich lost the nomination to a local sportscaster. She had been the MP since 2000 and has done a wonderful job.

Ridings have traditionally been a mix of urban and rural - but now Saskatoon will have three urban ridings. Something similar happened with Regina.

I've never heard of the three other candidates running for L, NDP, or G so I have some research to do.
    Andit, DaveP and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Dave, I wonder if you've seen this site - seems like a lot of good info on it (that's where I found those running in my riding). Read up on who is running it at bottom of this page - seem legit?

http://www.electionalmanac.com/ea/contact/
    Andit, DaveP, Tbites and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 123 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information