User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have again made the mistake of purchasing from BEYOND THE RACK! The order said it would ship between July 9 & 16 - on July 27th it still hadn't shipped so I decided to contact them as I was instructed on the site. You see, I hesitate to contact them when there's a delay in shipping because the last time I asked them for an update on an item I ordered that was late shipping, they cancelled my order. Needless to say i venture forth and ask the question. My response came the evening of July 27th when they told me the supplier was unable to fill the order thus resulting in BEYOND THE RACK again cancelling my order and crediting back my method of payment. There was no compensation from them for this inconvenience, as quoted by their Customer Service area, "Situations such as these are rare and we will make every effort to rectify the situation for future orders".

When I logged in the next morning, July 28th, low and behold the item that was unavailable to me on July 27th was back up for sale on July 28th, how does that work?They still haven't credited my method of payment but they are willing to take a second payment from some unsuspecting shopper for the same item.

I emailed BEYOND THE RACK to explain to me why the item wasn't available to send to me but the next day was up on the site available? I sympathize with the next poor sucker that is sucked in and willing to part with $300 bucks for 4 or more weeks only to be disappointed. At time of post I still haven't heard back from BEYOND THE RACK..... I guess their busy reselling items...
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not surprised, I know 'ships in 48hrs' actually means, ship whenever we feel like it; we have lots of ways to justify not meeting the timeline. Two months is a more accurate estimate to when you'll actually receive the order.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenfast View Post
    Not surprised, I know 'ships in 48hrs' actually means, ship whenever we feel like it; we have lots of ways to justify not meeting the timeline. Two months is a more accurate estimate to when you'll actually receive the order.
    I've never had an issue with the 48 hour shipping, I almost always get it at my door within 72 hrs.
    You have to remember when shopping on sites like Beyond the Rack, Hautelook, Gilt, Zulily etc, that they don't actually have the items in their hands. You place the order, they place the order from their supplier, supplier ships to their wearhouse(BTR is in Las Vegas), then it gets shipped to you.
    I wouldn't order anything you're in a hurry for, or any "luxury" items as those are rarely current styles and more expensive than they usually retail for.

Thread Information