• 2 Post By Silk
  • 2 Post By Silk
  • 2 Post By HappyCouponSaver78
  • 1 Post By Lavender Lady

Thread: Vegeterian :)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

More of a personal brag, became a vegetrian recently, and also cut down on processed food.

Lot harder than, i thought to do it, but so far so good. Also saving money, due to it, as mostly cooking and eating fresh fruits, veggies etc.

No chicken, no fish, no pork, no beef, no eggs nothing. Also not much processed and junk food like chips, pop, pizza, cereal,canned products etc..although some here and there can't be avoided

All this has simplified my grocery shopping & cooking so much, don't have to visit 10 aisles to pick up products. Don't really need coupons anymore too, as they are mostly on canned products and processed products, very little on produce

just buying milk,bread,fruits,veggies,produce,pasta,pasta sauce etc. Thinking of making bread and pasta sauce at home too.

Also this will be my last post on this forum for a while..will be going on a long hiatus. In general will be mostly staying away from social media et al and just internet in general. Going back to the basics, and will be mostly offline as I have been wasting lot of my time and life online, time to get real and back to basics.

hard to be totally off the grid in this age, but will be 90 % off as compared to earlier ..less digital, less wired , less gadgety ..& more real and down to basics like old times

Au Revoir ..fun times here.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Good for you for the change in your life. Sad for us as we wont see you anymore but come and visit once in a while...................................

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

You gotta do what you gotta do for you. Stay cool

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Good luck, we have been vegan for almost 4 years now. It gets easier don't worry.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's a very admirable goal and mindset Wishing you the best !

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

In the past few months I have been reading about raw food diet and have modified what I thought was an already pretty good diet. I never drink pop or ate 'junk' or breads, and was already almost organic as possible.
    Not that I am totally raw by any means, but have incorporated a lot more raw food into my diet.

I would suggest eliminating milk/dairy products......they aren't very good for you. (I am not sure I will ever be able to forego the occasional Haagen Dazs though lol)...mind you, I feel awful after eating dairy.

I've tried lots of different recipes and that's been a nice change from my 'usuals'. I got a 'julienne' peeler (free) from Amazon and made zucchini 'noodles' instead of pasta. (also am gluten free) It was really good.
    And I got a "Big Boss blender' during a SDM redemption and have been doing a lot of blending/juicing (I also have an individual smoothie blender and a juicer) with lots of veggies (not just fruits).

I borrowed some good DVD's and books from my local library also that were excellent....i.e. Forks Over Knives, David Wolfe's books..and Joe Cross on juicing.

ps....my local stores carry a lot of Earthbound Farm organic food....not just the containers of various salad greens, but they also have bags of organic carrots, loose broccolli (buy several small pieces and put them in separate bags), yams, green onions, strawberries, etc. so I use a lot of Earthbound coupons....
    Last edited by redhdlois; Fri, Jul 31st, 2015 at 02:03 PM.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

As well as Earthbound Farm coupons, there's lots of coupons i can use for my type of eating.......just a few suggestions ~

Eden Foods (from the Health Shopper booklet/website)...they make different types of (canned) beans, quinoa, vegetable pastas etc
    Simply Natural (also from Healthy Shopper) for organic salad dressing (I use them almost exclusively), pasta sauce, salsa
    Bob's Red Mill (also from Healthy Shopper) for many different types of grains
    Hain Celestial (call in from manufacturer) they make various natural products
    Organic Girl (salad greens / spinach which my Walmart carries)

Maybe we can make this a thread with everyone's input re: coupons for vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free ???
    Last edited by redhdlois; Fri, Jul 31st, 2015 at 03:02 PM.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Good luck to you, tjthemanto!

Silk
    ticul and Davetherave like this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

redhdlois - also vegetarian here and I like your idea - although I think there is an old thread like that somewhere. But it should be in another section, since this is the bragging forum. Plus this is tjthemanto's thread so let's not hijack it (anymore than we already have!)

Silk
    Have a great life!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good for her, but put vegetarian onto the other section!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

All the best on your new journey--good health to you

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good luck.

Thread Information