• 4 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 2 Post By Lyssia510
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 3 Post By heartgirl99
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: An Insight Into How Superstore Views Their Custoemrs

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How does Superstore (Loblaws) see its customers? They have taken to putting meaningless pricing on their products, for example "3 for $6" and in small print "or $2 each". Now they have slipped further into the abyss by slipping in the small print pricing like "3 for $6" and in the small print "or $2.50 each". Such practices mean that Superstore customers have to carry their reading glasses with them and read the small print lest they be tricked into paying a higher price. Here is a sign I saw on bread yesterday at my local Superstore which, I think, says it all.

Name:  IMG_3446.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  44.1 KB

To me it says that Superstore sees their customers as simple fools. If their bread is offered at $2.50 per loaf, why not say just that. Make it more confusing and customers might be fooled into buying more than they need, or into believing that they are getting a deal. Shameful!
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

From my experience of having to deal with their Customer Service desk, they should just rename it "Buzz Off Customer."

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

A lot of stores do this(Food Basics, Walmart, Shoppers, Zerhs to name a few), it's not just Superstore.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    FallenPixels and Cake like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like to think they appreciate their customers but sometimes it doesn't seem that way

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

RCSS has actually done this for years, pretty much as long as I have been shopping there. (over 20 years)
    The older stores also put purchase limits for certain products, where you would get the sale price ONLY on the first few items you buy. Longtime customers are accustomed to the minimums and limits you encounter at the stores.

It is a little different from some stores, but not entirely unique to RCSS. Once you get used to it, it's not so bad.
    thriftygranny likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

but sometimes it's 2 for $5.00 or $2.59 each so that you have to buy multiples in order to get the lower price.

keeps you on your toes!
    anisa, walkonby and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I went to Metro and the sign said "sale $2.50, save $0.01"
    anisa and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Oh, I never said that the savings for multiple purchases was huge. Just that you get used to reading the signs and noticing those details when they are stated
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I have to read the small print to see what a company is charging me, I try to take my business elsewhere. Yes, this is being done more and more by many stores. Unless they get some kind of reaction they will go further and further down this road.

Thread Information