Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Happy Caturday!!!

Attachment 289057

As you can see we're still showing our pride as we await the ParPanAm Games. Can't wait for the next group of athletes to take over the neighbourhood - it's too quiet around here without them!

Lily dog is back to her (normal) crazy self - I suspect she either pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve. Something that a couple of days worth of bedrest fixed. Too bad she takes after me and keeps forgetting she's no longer a young pup. What was she thinking trying to keep up with a 10 month old puppy?! Not that I'm the voice of reason (guess who else is dealing with an ouchie from overdoing it, sigh).

Today's to-do list has only one item - hanging out with the critters. Everything else can wait.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    I work with the developmentally disabled and get to take some people to the ParaPan games. We are seeing Volleyball which should be pretty impressive.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby sounds like you had a wonderful ball game with your dh for your anniversary
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I thought the stores were closed today in Ontario?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl glad you got your monies back on your overcharged & scop and great bargains at Talize

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nope stores were open in Ontario -only shortened hours for the day -no beer store or mail or government offices thou
    -I was in talize and fortinos and indigo today
    -oh yeah laundry was on the cheaper end today if you did it
    -supper was the free mccains pizza I scoped at fortinos -yeah for a free meal

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Felt like a light dinner so Greek salad with thin chicken pizza. Perfect simple dinner. Made my lunch for tomorrow while making dinner salad. So lunch is salad with tons of veggies and chicken ( leftover from another night )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Had a lovely ferry ride through the San Juan Islands today and were lucky eough to catch a quick peek at killer whales! Wonderful dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Anacortes-two orders of fajitas and the 3 of us could not finish it all! Chilling at a very old house B and B-so far we seem to be the only guests out in the country and very charming. Factory outlet mall for shopping tomorrow and headed home on Wed.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well off to babysit "ashlyn" haven't watched her in a month (papa and I are taking her somewhere today maybe swimming at a local pool or something else depending on what we feel like )
    -cant wait to watch her for the day -see you later

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Got my fill of Japanese Food, my obsession with Chicken Teriyaki Sushi is still going strong as well cucumber or sweet potato are also great options. I am trying to be more adventurous and try some of the fish ones, baby steps.

After dinner we went and did our grocery shopping so far $33 spent and got a fair amount. Also found out our RCSS will now PM off Smartphones and will PM stores we do not get flyers too. My Mom is playing with the app they suggested we use as it will have to be done on her phone as apps for blackberries are limited. Will take the remaining $17 and buy more Beef/Pork blend to make meatballs for the freezer.

Well it looks like today will fun and that is just from going through my emails so better get at it, have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! For me, it was nice to have my husband home three days, that's for sure.

Haven't slept yet, hope to do so soon...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Back at the grind! I hear you about the emails SassyAshley- I had over 65 junk emails just from the weekend too!
    Brought my coffee, breakfast and lunch and healthy snacks. I'm set for the day. Will get out for a walk tonight. I am back at it

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Made the mistake of trying to clean out my laundry closet (aka the teeny room where the washer/dryer and anything else I can stick in there are kept). Ran out of steam yesterday (well, had to save my energy to go hang out with the neighbours), so it looks like a tornado came through here.

I had put a batch of flower shaped cookies out yesterday for the neighbour doggies (no Simcoe-shaped cookie cutter here, maybe I'll have to ask Santa for one ), then topped up the container last evening. Just found out that my psycho neighbour threw out the second batch (anyone have an FPC for an assassin? ). Good thing I have a sunny disposition and the brats to entertain me, or I'd be livid (this has been going on for years, it gets worse around AGM time, sigh).

On the plus side, I found a few items yesterday that had been missing (must have chucked them in the laundry closet when company came over - guess I should apologize to Quincy cat for blaming him ).

Better get going and finish organizing, so I can relax with the brats this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    I work with the developmentally disabled and get to take some people to the ParaPan games. We are seeing Volleyball which should be pretty impressive.
    Lucky you! I'm hoping the CBC coverage of the ParaPanAm events is good - I was a bit disappointed with their coverage of a few of the PanAm sports. I do wish that they would reverse the order and have the ParaPanAm Games first - as amazing as the PanAm athletes are, the ParaPanAm athletes deserve far more accolades!

Have fun watching volleyball! GoCanadaGo!!!

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh and was able to scratch a few things off my "to do list" that is taped to the fridge. Pictures put up in DS's room. Mirror put up in other DS's room. Desk moved up from the basement to the dining room. Thinking about selling it or putting it in spare room. Will ponder that this week. Now I can move the fuzeball table in the basement and start cleaning it! I have big plans and can't wait to paint and organize it But then I will want to move my sectional down from upstairs and buy new furniture so Im trying to put it off lol. But for sure want to paint down there this winter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

DH & FIL are gone to the cottage and will be back tomorrow am. I'm hoping that dh & I can do groceries tomorrow late afternoon or evening before the flyers change unless the sales continue on the items I want, time will tell. Supper tonight will be pork chops w/ a side dish of side kicks total $3.78 for 3 people with leftovers which is pretty good, still trying to do the $5 suppers but good golly the prices of everything are super steep especially considering my guys are meat eaters. Found a few new recipes on Pinterest I will start back in September with 1 new meal/recipes per week and get the kids back involved in cooking/baking once the temperatures are more bearable as I don't even feel like cooking with these temperatures. I made a large pot of soup yesterday decided to take advantage of the fact that the stocks defrosted quickly and the temps outside where much cooler so I now have 8 containers of soup for 2, I will freeze some but will keep a few out for lunches this week. I might do some baking later this afternoon with my baker helper if he's up to it. Rec'd the call this am to schedule an intake so now we wait 2 weeks for a face to face assessment and I was told there is a 1.5 month wait for counselling and no timeframes for telehealth physch. assessment in the meantime he is taking vitamin d which was recommended by the doctor so hopefully the vitamin d does help somewhat. Also spoke with Logan about perhaps attending a day camp that is free if he is interested, he is still contemplating whether or not it may be something he would like to do. I do think that change of routing with school out and being somewhat bored is not helping his mood. Well wishing everyone a wonderful day

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information