User Tag List

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just wanted to let you all know that we arrived home in Estevan last night. It's good to be home.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar - yeah I'm finding the price for meals creeping up too. I just have to keep telling myself that it is still cheaper to eat at home and save where I can. Do you ever do bacon/eggs for dinner? My boys love this and I find it cheap (always buy bacon on sale as we all do) I'm starting to clean out the cupboards and seeing what we have to use up (chicken noodle soup!!) DS will be getting this for lunch and for his school lunch to use it up since I have tons and it expires in October. Happy knowing I have steaks in the freezer from the valumart sale (Dinner for the 4 of us and then 2 for a date night) Last night we had salad and a McCain pizza that we picked up for $2.44 I think they were on for at RCSS. It was just the 2 of us (no kids) and I get sick up meat all the time (he is a big meat eater) It was the perfect dinner and I plan on doing it more often (we will attempt to make our own pizza again but this was cheap and easy) And was really good!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hi everyone! yesterday we had an unexpected guest watch that great Jays game with us so it opened up a perfect opportunity to share our BBQ! Good thing we had everything all cooked and ready before they called!! ha ha
    A batch of homemade burgers and tossed on some sale priced hot dogs too. Had these alongside our freshly picked and steamed green beans and a few new potatoes, but I personally had no room left to eat any of the salad greens we had also picked, so today I ate a large salad for lunch.

I am thinking of making up a small stew tonight ( the guys can have this for tomorrows work meal ? ) because I see some half decent " remnant" ingredients in the fridge that I'd like to to use up ( celery, green onions, carrots, green beans ) and the freezer has at least one pkg of steak type meat I can cube up.
    Pressure cooker or maybe slow cooker, depends on when I get off the computer!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama both my kids don't eat eggs BUT definitely bacon (lol) so not too often do we have breakfast for supper as eldest doesn't even eat pancakes. You can't make homemade pizza for $3 in my opinion once you factor in the cheese & meat so we opt out AND buy frozen when on sale vs. the homemade, I definitely know that homemade is healthier but youngest doesn't like homemade pizza so he only eats 1/2 a piece so I just buy them at the grocery store (lol) to keep my grocery budget intact. My guys all of them are meat eaters and picky to an extent, youngest has texture issues so he can't eat pasta (as he gags from the texture). Eldest is widening his taste buds he now likes all dressed bagels never had bagels before but he now makes them for a snack and lunch which is fine BUT surprised me that he likes the all dressed with garlic and all. MY pc offers generally suck and I'm finding I'm accumulating most of my points by using our MC as the digital offers make it hard to get points for items we purchased. I have started to shop at WM again (yes I know but they seem to have gotten a grip on stocking the shelves - perhaps new management) but regardless I can pm there and get more by doing this shopping at Independent grocers.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tomorrow Value Village has its 50% off summer clothing sale and on Thursday too-am so tempted to see if there's something I can find to alter for me.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

10 cent line paper at Walmart is a tad shorter and narrower than a package of lined paper I purchased elsewhere this past spring-just an FYI if you have students needing to stock up on paper.
    One shirt that has lasted 4 years and launders easily and dries well-showing wear on the back. Today it occurs to me to consider taking off a long sleeve for doing a yoke replacement. Will attempt that later today. Too good a shirt to throw out if I can make it last longer.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just saw tat No Frills has Maple Leaf bacon coming on sale for $2.50 (use coupon buy 3 save $1.50) I will be stocking up for sure!!!!!!! I'm starting to get scared about all the talk about grocery increases. I was at WM today and my Almond milk is now $4.97!!!!!!! That is crazy. Could get 2 for $7. I better be looking for a deal on fridge stuff and buy a few shelf life ones so I'm not stuck!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Checked out the other sale flyers. Lots of fresh stuff on sale for a great price. Will make healthy meal planning easy! Also some things for my teen for quick school lunch etc. I am determined to stay out of the stores till the weekend so going to use up what we have on hand to make room. I see homemade sweet potatoe fries, home made cauliflower crust pizza in etc in our future

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Every couple of months Metro puts Silk on for $2.99 I always stock up 3 Almond Vanilla and 1 Cashew, can't go wrong at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Just saw tat No Frills has Maple Leaf bacon coming on sale for $2.50 (use coupon buy 3 save $1.50) I will be stocking up for sure!!!!!!! I'm starting to get scared about all the talk about grocery increases. I was at WM today and my Almond milk is now $4.97!!!!!!! That is crazy. Could get 2 for $7. I better be looking for a deal on fridge stuff and buy a few shelf life ones so I'm not stuck!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@SassyAshley - It's on this up coming flyer at Metro for $2.99! But I'm just worried with the increase at Walmart that the price has hiked up. The flyers are made in advance so we won't be seeing the true increase on stuff because of our crappy dollar for awhile and I'm scared

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Working on a purge and trying to achieve a more minimalist life.So I had two bags of stuff in my vehicle for Goodwill & then I realized Iwas driving by a Value Village this morning so out they go. The attendant offeredthe discount card and while it does not meet the minimalist approach I took it so I could give it tosomeone else. I know lots of people have success with kijiji & other types ofselling but I don’t bother unless I am selling for over 20.00. Sometimes DHwill sell smaller items if he is saving for a big ticket item. But I am so busywith work & home I can’t spend my energy on this.
    I am finding the more stuff I get rid of the less inclined Iam to spend. In the past 3 month I have bought nothing for myself as far asclothing or household goods. I bought socks for the older son and have purged loadsof the younger child’s clothing’s (we have a family that we give all theclothes to so this is motivating to get rid of stuff).
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

glad to see you @Ciel

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Just heard on the news Chris Hyndman from Steve & Chris was found dead in an alley way a few blocks from his home, so sad I thought he had quite an energetic personality also heard that Steven Harper is tempting voters with a renovation tax credit if re-elected.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Supper is served and a few pork chops left over for eldest's snacking (smile) in an hour or so. No baking so far don't know if we will do any today/tonight as Logan is not too excited which he normally is, well there's always tomorrow and I am determined that if not today it has to be tomorrow otherwise dh will be lurking near the baked good section when we do groceries and easily spend $30 so I need to take command and just do it. I looked at the NF, FB, Metro flyers that were posted a few items but really hoping to do my groceries tomorrow late afternoon or evening as this week there are quite a few meat sales compared to the new flyer that starts Thursday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just found out DS has a baseball game! Good thing I had his dinner ready to heat up. I'm just eating rice quick. It will do! Glad the house is tidy still Will be a lazy night when we get home but that's ok. I love watching his sports and chatting with certain parents lol

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information