User Tag List

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well papa and I took ashlyn to the bay pier today and we went on the "chou-chou train" we got there for 10.30 when the train was leaving -it was a small 37 person 3 cars small red train -cost 5.00 each adult "ashlyn was free for 45 minutes -well into the ride 10 minutes she started to cry and rub her hands together -which means in her lanquage I am done " so I took her from papa and said nice train (put your head on nana's shoulder and I sang "twinkle twinkle little star to her in a soft voice -I sang it to her at 2 months when we first babysat her -infact when I sing it to her now at her home she wants on my lap and snuggles to me )I calmed her down and we continued on for 45 minutes looking at the water ,geese etc-when my daughter-in-law came in she said "nana ,papa -red chou -chou " gee I have so much more patience than when my kids were little -loved the day came home feed her lunch and she napped for a bit
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Aug 4th, 2015 at 08:22 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thinking I should hit the hay and read. Need to start making time for reading again.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Just a quick update - more water in basement - people who have said they'll fix it have backed out - dog had to go to emergency vet but we're hoping he'll get better with the treatment (restricted movement - crated for 4 weeks with very short walks and pain meds - for a degenerated disc in his back)

But - beautiful weather - I performed a very sweet wedding on Saturday - nice couple! - got 2 potential requests for weddings today - talked with our friend Lynn who spent a great weekend at her new RV with her family - only a couple more weeks until we see our new grand-baby!

I haven't been around to catch up but am very happy to see that our new baby SCs have arrived!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Wednesday!

So happy we got rain yesterday!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Trying to budget some renos for my room and needless to say not going well. When we moved Mom got all new furniture for her room which was paid for with the money we were given to buy the house from a family member. I was told other then a mattress anything I wanted I need to pay for myself. So needless so say I went without figuring I could make it work. Issue being is all of my furniture from the old house does not fit in my room at this house and is living in the guest room. My room is complete chaos as I have no storage I have a small dresser that not even half my clothes (I do not have a lot of clothes) fit in. So I desperately need another dresser and have found a bed that matches my current dressed that comes with under bed storage. Issue is finding the money the buy it, when I thought Mom was getting full time and I would not be covering all the bills I had a budget set up and within a few months would have my new bedroom but now that she is not getting full time I just cannot find the money in the budget but am getting well frustrated. It seems like every time I turn around there is something else we need for the house (shelves for the basement, bath tub needs to be re done and facets are going, front door needs to be replace, back screen door), I am trying to sell stuff to get the money but well in all honesty I just want something for me for once. I cover everything and know at the end of the day if we do not sell enough to buy all the things needed it will be coming out of my emergency fund or savings, that is life. I am trying to be positive and really feel like through the help of many people and manly my leadership coach (A lot of my work issues I have in my personal life as well so I can move the work strategies into my personal life as well) I am doing really well but just as we start to get ahead she is making plans for other things and all I can see is $$$$$. I just kind of want to know when it is my turn and I am not looking for a hand out I have no issue budgeting and saving for what I want but lately it seems like every time I get a little set aside a new house issue pops up and since I cover all of those costs they become my issues. I really want to be positive and know this will all turn around for us but on the flip side it feels like I am sinking sand I cannot get out of.

Sorry for my little poor me session it is over and time to get back to being positive and know we will make this work some how.

Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka thanks for all your bright and cheery posts in the mornings
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@avoncallingu I can't recall if you are going through insurance or not for the water problems/damage but your insurance should definitely be able to recommend a reputable company. Sorry to hear about your dog poor thing. Here's hoping things turn around for the bette

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka thanks for all your bright and cheery posts in the mornings
    Andit, avoncallingu, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

oh dear @SassyAshley I know you want to budget and you are working wonders with basically being a 1 income household but let me tell you and I guarantee many others will agree if you don't do anything for yourself in general you will become bitter and angry because it's always someone or something else. I honestly don't know how you do it, I know your mom only has so much income BUT quite honestly I think you need to say no to the things she wants whether take out, extras at the grocery store, new shelves etc. I know some items make life easier at times but should not be at the cost of your insanity so to speak (hugs). I know it's none of my business but I think you need to have a budget talk every week to keep your mom in check don't get me know we all have episodes of wanting to throw the budget out the window but just financially can't and then regret sets in.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@sassy Ashly. I agree with with J&C. No budget will work if there is no $ for a bit of fun etc. And yes I 2nd the no eating out. Everyone in life is rushed/busy. If dinner wasn't planned ahead then a simple fried egg sandwich etc will do. Takes just as long as ordering take-out etc. We don't eat fancy big meals everynight. I have a sporty guy and we are on the road all the time. Sometimes I crockpot dinner so its quick or make sure we have leftovers from the night before ready. Other times he has something quick and simple. You need to start thinking about your life and future. Don't let your mom's bad choices and wants blur your choices and wants.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah! It's hump day already! Last night for summer hockey for DS. Soon Rep try-outs lol Never ending! We won't be home till 9 but I plan to put a load in the washer then to keep up on laundry. That's about it for tonight. DS is going to day camp tomorrow so will have to pack him a lunch (1st time all summer so not bad (lunch was supplied at hockey camp which was nice!) I have enough stuff to make him a good lunch. Will see if he will take chicken noodle soup since we have to use it up

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yay bf decided he will go camping. So now to change what's being packed. Neither of us are capable of hooking up the camper or hauling it 8 hrs right now but my mom is letting us sleep in her camper too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

SA: I know we are all offering our opinion and hopefully venting is helpful, but your mom is taking advantage of you whether or not she sees it. The relationship you have is backwards and you are so stressed trying to make ends meet and she has little to worry about because you do all the worrying for both of you. You are a young women with your life ahead of you and you not only need to put yourself first you have to for your own sanity.
    Avon: We had a beagle with a bad back once and we used to give her valium whenever she slipped a disc. This would keep her movements to a very minimum and encourage recovery. Sorry to hear about the basement. It is not fun to deal with such mess.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Congratulations, @Angela273 ! Two bundles of joy! Sometimes, I think the strongest proof that the theory of evolution can't exist is that mothers only have two arms. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Even strangers would jump at the chance to hold a little one for you. If you were closer, I would volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Around 4am, there was an explosion. A can of peas exploded in the cupboard (guess what I spent all morning doing, although I did have 2 assistants).
    That can happen? I'm paranoid now because we have a lot of tinned soups.... and no dog.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Also found out our RCSS will now PM off Smartphones and will PM stores we do not get flyers too.
    Our RCSS recently stopped PMing with stores unless the flyer was locally available and they were a national chain. Someone recently tried PMing at our RCSS and WM with US flyers and ruined it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    The flyers are made in advance so we won't be seeing the true increase on stuff because of our crappy dollar for awhile and I'm scared
    Sadly, it's inevitable. All we can do is keep trying to save our pennies as a group!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Just heard on the news Chris Hyndman from Steve & Chris was found dead in an alley way a few blocks from his home, so sad I thought he had quite an energetic personality also heard that Steven Harper is tempting voters with a renovation tax credit if re-elected.
    I saw that in the news this morning and thought it was sad also. I did get excited to hear about the renovation tax credit. I hope if he gets elected, he makes it for this calendar year. I've got my window and door receipts saved!

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    gee I have so much more patience than when my kids were little
    Yes, I think I would have so much more patience if I were a SAHM. If I had no schedules or have to go to work, LO could make "right now" into whenever. At the moment, it's wash your hands for dinner right now, or get dressed for daycare right now, or come eat right now. It's a bit of a dictatorship, really.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    It seems like every time I turn around there is something else we need for the house (shelves for the basement, bath tub needs to be re done and facets are going, front door needs to be replace, back screen door), I am trying to sell stuff to get the money but well in all honesty I just want something for me for once. I cover everything and know at the end of the day if we do not sell enough to buy all the things needed it will be coming out of my emergency fund or savings, that is life.
    @SassyAshley : I can relate. Sometimes, you just have to let things go longer when the money is not there. We stretched ourselves to fix the windows and doors. They were not the cheapest company, but they go above and beyond and stand behind their products. But, we let the massive crater in the windshield, and we're holding off on buying tools to fix the cracked ceramic tiles all over the house and redoing the bathroom until something absolutely falls apart.

Is your mom paying for all her extras like eating out? If she is able to do that, can you make her pay half the heating bill or half the hydro bill?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley I hope you are not offended by my opinion as that is all it is sometimes its good to hear others points of view especially when I am sure you would not be comfortable discussing with your brother. My concern is that your mother is very dependent on you and your finances, my real concern is what will happen when you get married or live with someone without your mom. She also from what you have said is feeling down which is definitely understandable or maybe is even depressed and I can tell you from experience it doesn't build confidence when someone caters to you or bales you out as you need to feel like a contributing member of the household. I know you have from what you have said over the years on our threads that she will pout or not speak to you for days etc when she hears something she doesn't like or avoids the conversations, HOWEVER, I would go so far as to ask her how she will feel when she is of a retirement age and expects you to help her out, if you have children and a spouse/boyfriend that most likely will not be possible. I think you really need to put yourself and your own needs first (new pillows) as you are experiencing aches & pains these are needs not wants you need to be comfortable. I hope you're mom appreciates all you do and UNFORTUNATELY this budget talks etc should be expected since you are paying more than your share. Best of luck & again not trying to offend. God knows we all have our battles to pick & choose.

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information