User Tag List

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Home again, home again jiggedy jig. I think our house is fine despite 2 days of storms-I guess we should look outside more closely tomorrow but no apparent damage.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday, we had quite the light show. Poor Lily dog just couldn't seem to jump up onto her bench, so I had to help her (going to have to figure out some stairs for her - trying to lift 50lbs of whiny pup knocked me out for the rest of the evening). She managed to jump off without needing help, so not sure what was going on. And today she's fine (I'm wondering if I accidentally did some sort of chiropractic adjustment when I tried to pick her up).

Around 4am, there was an explosion. A can of peas exploded in the cupboard (guess what I spent all morning doing, although I did have 2 assistants). Quincy cat took that as his cue to ring the breakfast bell. And Lily dog decided that since everyone is up, it must be morning and time to go for a walk and spy on the neighbours. Even if it was still dark. Good thing that it was still raining lightly, or she would have insisted we go sit on the bench and wait.

Better go make lunch, before someone insists I get replaced by more competent help.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    I love your posts! What on earth made the peas explode? I remember my dad made a whole bunch of beer one year when there was a beer strike. One night during supper, the bottles started to explode - all over the back porch! Boy did it stink! I don't think he ever tried that again.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I have left a msg for my youngest to be seen as he has been having off days crying and feeling down, I'm sad to say I have been wondering about this for quite some time but he now needs helps as it's more frequent that once a month. Unfortunately both sides (dh & mine) have depression so I'm quite sad, I was hoping that it would not be something my kids would have to deal/live with. Hoping to get a call back tomorrow as today is a holiday in Ontario with some news or appointment.
    J&C, I hope that he can get some help. Kids facing a new year at school sometimes get anxious and depressed. You're wise to get him some professional help - especially with a family history of depression. Good luck!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Had a lovely ferry ride through the San Juan Islands today and were lucky eough to catch a quick peek at killer whales! Wonderful dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Anacortes-two orders of fajitas and the 3 of us could not finish it all! Chilling at a very old house B and B-so far we seem to be the only guests out in the country and very charming. Factory outlet mall for shopping tomorrow and headed home on Wed.
    Sounds wonderful! I love B&Bs!
    Did you bring along an extra suitcase for those "school shopping" things? I can't remember - did you fly or drive? It won't really matter if you drove.
    Enjoy your shopping!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I agree with the advice given to you by others in our group. Put yourself first, even if that means sellling your house and you and your Mum each renting your own places. I know that sounds extreme but... like everyone else says if you marry or have children or move across the country for your career your Mum will need to stand on her own feet and/or have some help from all of her children and/or social services. Sorry to be so blunt but there is that old Ann Landers advice( you are too young to remember this newspaper advice coumnist)-you can only be taken advantage of, if you allow yourself to be taken advantage of. Maybe not her exact words but that was the gist. Another thing I have often heard is you can't change another person's behaviour-only your own. So change your life into what you want it to be and other's will need to change in response to your change in behaviour-eg not paying for takeout etc. You are young and you need to have some fun-life shouldn't just be about work, stress about money and looking after all the bills?? Hugs

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Every couple of months Metro puts Silk on for $2.99 I always stock up 3 Almond Vanilla and 1 Cashew, can't go wrong at that price.
    Ashley - do you freeze them? I've started drinking Almond milk. We have no Metro but we're heading to London next Wed. so I might be able to pick some up. Or are these the type that are shelf-stored?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Avon I do not freeze them, I find they have a much longer expiry then regular milk and within the expiry date I will go through them with no issue. For me the biggest issue is finding room in the fridge. I tried the self stable ones once and did not like them.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Home again, home again jiggedy jig. I think our house is fine despite 2 days of storms-I guess we should look outside more closely tomorrow but no apparent damage.
    That's good that things are okay.
    My son is headed in your direction today - first time heading out on a roadtrip on his own, he wants to see the mountains! He'll be camping - I'm a little worried because today is supposed to still be a wet one in AB. He's wanting to get to Canmore, Calgary, and maybe Banff.

We're supposed to get rain as well today, which is fine with everyone!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well kiddo is off to camp with the 1st lunch of the summer I had to pack! Wasn't too bad! Tomorrow's will be better since I'm going to get fresh stuff and wraps at FB today. He will love the chicken ceaser wrap I will send him with tomorrow and fresh raspberries I think I will make myself the same thing for lunch too!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    My son is headed in your direction today - first time heading out on a roadtrip on his own, he wants to see the mountains! He'll be camping - I'm a little worried because today is supposed to still be a wet one in AB. He's wanting to get to Canmore, Calgary, and maybe Banff.
    I've only been once, but all three places are absolutely gorgeous. It's breathtaking out that way!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

I thought I'd repost my QOTD from the July thread. (post #658) I don't think many people saw it with all the baby excitement between Granger and Angela273. Unless of course, you really don't want to answer, and that is ok.

I almost don't want to ask the next question, because it just seems like having another thing around to break. With a growing family of three, I've been thinking about getting a freezer. I don't want a large freezer, the kind you'd have to break walls down to move out of your basement. I'd just be looking for a small to medium sized freezer to store a few things in.

QOTD: Do you have a freezer and what size did you need to feed your family of how many?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS-no freezer for us-just use the fridge top freezer-family of 3. Natalka-I am sure you son will have a great time-I am actually enjoying the cool/rain after 2 weeks of heat and no rain while away. Hopefully the weather will improve for him.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

SS-Years ago had a big chest freezer but found we just wasted stuff. For years I used just the freezer on the bottom of fridge. Then a friend offered a small chest freezer which has been handy. I could always store stuff in my mom's freezer so trying to empty the chest freezer so we aren't paying for hydro for it (its old) I would love a nice upright one but don't thing the size I want will fit in basement (getting down stairs) I am thinking about buying a new fridge for the basement to store the extra veggies, etc. I have been thinking about this for awhile.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@coupon girl very kind of you to give your son & dil an evening out, enjoy the wedding and supper and little Ashlyn
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow we have a medium sized chest freezer and an old upright, we are a family of 4 very big meat eaters. When everything can fit in 1 I transfer, I have a very organized system that works for both freezers and we don't waste. I would suggest a upright vs. a chest as it's easier to maneuver, I think it's a wise investment to stock up on more sales, etc.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information