User Tag List

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, those would be best in a stew/casserole, something which cooks longer, and the bitterness of them would go away with the cooking.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

so funny when posts flip - I replied after I saw your post.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @Angela I love peas in my rice, do you mean overgrown as in overripe or just a lot of them. Perhaps consider freezing and making baby food just a thought
    Both, but my concern is regarding the overripe peas. They aren't sweet, so I don't like the taste of them raw.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

lol - double flip!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Happy with my little shop at Food Basics. Spent $16 and change and will be able to create lots of meals Bought 4 things of raspberries just to eat! Will grab more on the weekend for next week. The cauliflower are nice and big!
    I bought the .99 cauliflower because it looked so nice, but it was teeny weeny!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Why not Blanche them off and freeze them for later?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    i haven't been on this thread much as i have been down in the dump for a few months,the transmission on my car went my mechanic says will cost between $1500-$2000 so am scrapping it will get a few bucks back for license,insurance and to scrap the car.I guess i will be looking for another car sooner rather then later.I have 2 cleaning customers and can't be going the bus route.Well we will see
    Sorry about this, YOU AND ME! I've been missing your posts. Taking the bus when you've been used to a car is a whole different mind-set.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @SassyAshley-you've not been having enough fun this year for you. Some decor updating would do you a world of good. The taps will just have to suffer through cheap replacement washers (you can get them free at HD if the faucet has a lifetime warranty) in the interim and maybe cable television (if not already history) will have to go.

The Restore online could have something for your storage needs. http://www.habitatgta.ca/restore/shop-online.html
    I don't know if your region offers any free reuse centres for furniture or paint or home decor items dropped off by other residents?

Today I've let go of the garden idea and harvested all the lettuces and removed the cuke plants (a few knobby cukes) and the canteloupe plant (all had shallow roots). I had a big salad for breakfast. Dad has been messing with the garden entryway twice and I saw that as a sign of the end of summer gardening. He could have just adjusted the entry to lower the gate to make it closer to the ground but instead installed some tripping hazards of wooden pieces. I'm over it as of breakfast. Still have a little patch of herbs in one of the front flower beds, so will water and harvest them for focaccia one day soon.

I managed to make a back yoke for the beloved shirt (there's a lot of thread removed from all the topstitching and serging on the original seems) from one shirt sleeve and fashioned a pieced short sleeve from half of the remaining shirt sleeve and stitch everything back up except for the sleeve hems. So my topstitching is not straight--it's done.

Two days ago, I bought a clearance box of PC waffle bowls at $1.99 (box of 10) at Shoppers. There's no ice cream at home but the bowls are lightly sugared so they are ok snacks on their own. I do want some ice cream though...

Your re-making of your shirt is a VERY FRUGAL move! AND you get your favourite shirt back (if somewhat revamped!) Good for you!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    We got it secondhand and it's been just fine. It's a Kenmore - which is probably why!

Chest freezers are less expensive to buy, way cheaper to run and hold more per sq. ft., so they are overall more economical.
    There is no way I'd get an upright for all those reasons.

It's really no biggie to dig in the chest freezer - ours has one big basket, then I have other baskets within for smaller things. Otherwise, it's just keeping like things together and knowing what's in there!
    Ahh! You've got it Natalka! It's not forgetting what's in there that's the trick!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    We have a small chest freezer. It's wonderful to be able to but things on sale or when we leave town. Winter the bbq becomes our freezer too.

I had to smile about your bbq in the winter. That's a GREAT idea!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Sorry about this, YOU AND ME! I've been missing your posts. Taking the bus when you've been used to a car is a whole different mind-set.

Avon mine you i don't mine taking the bus it's the waiting that's the killer.I was out today cleaning for 1 of my customer and i do her every 3 wks,today she told be she would like me to come every 2wks now wow that's an extra $100.00 a mth for me,It's only 8:30 and i can't keep my eyes open so i guess it's off to bed for me night ladies
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I had to smile about your bbq in the winter. That's a GREAT idea!
    Once we were unloading the truck and I set a turkey on the step to open the door stepped in the house and took a few min to pee...got back and a fox had pilfered my turkey.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@YOU AND ME sorry that you're feeling down in the dumps it's hard I know. Great news on getting to clean every 2 weeks vs. 3 like you said an extra $100 which is great. The transmission went on my car it wasn't worth fixing, I didn't drive it often but I still miss it. We put in a used transmission in dh's truck with a 30 day warranty and within the month the transmission went again so frustrating. Wishing you all the best with your vehicle and decisions and hope you feel better soon. hugs and I apologize I must have missed your post my dear, hang tight better things are coming
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Both, but my concern is regarding the overripe peas. They aren't sweet, so I don't like the taste of them raw.
    since baby food is bland I would do some research and perhaps cook them and freeze in ice cube trays for later use or blanch now as @saundyl said and make the baby food later. I know there are recipes for pea salad perhaps a good way to use them up I personally have not made but I do love peas
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

darn tired tonight -had a long day babysitting "ashlyn" 8-6.30 p.m -hubby helped me in the morning -we walked to a small splash pad by their house and playground of course I didn't put her bathing suit on as it was 10.00 a.m -one little girl pushed the button and on came a sequence of water sprays well "ashlyn" was so excited she ran thru and stood their looking and touching the sprays of water -needless to say we went home after 40 minutes so I could change her
    -then she had lunch and slept like a baby for 2 and a half hours -so I rested
    -in the afternoon took her out in her wagon and on her bike
    -hubby picked me up -but asked him if I could run into freshco and get my free cereal today -well no cereal but 2 pkgs of granola bars for free plus a few other items

-yeah hubby's brother fixed my car back breaks/pads cost to us he said 85.00-just the parts -but we plan on taking them out for supper before they go down east for 2 weeks -so this weekend will have my car back -oh yeah

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information