User Tag List

Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree5718Likes

Thread: August 2015 Frugal Chatter thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

today's frugal find was unexpected. You all know the cost of steak and other cuts of beef has gone up, but DH came along when I dropped DD off to work and suggested we check FB for meat sales. He must have been my good luck charm, as we scooped up 1 long family pack size tray and 3 smaller ones, various blade steaks, stewing beef, all 40% off.

I quickly chopped it all into uniform bite size pieces and browned it in a large roasting pan, adding 5 large diced onions and some liquid Mama Sita seasoning and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Covered with the lid, let that slow cook for over 1 hour, then added fresh herbs, 2 cups celery leaves diced, spuds and carrots, cooked another 30 min, adding the green beans and chopped celery stalks last. That was one large stew!
    All in time to have some when the Jays Game was on. Mmmm and they won too! A sweep!

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-so tired of the flaky people in my city in kijiji-they want the item tell me so then ask my address -then no contact (my items are priced cheap too )-oh well
    -countdown to wedding Friday -have to do my nails (myself ) eyebrows -myself

-got my car back -missed it I can come and go now only cost 85.00 to hubby's brother for back breaks and pads -I paid for with my checkout51
    -when we went to get car we went to a re-use centre(everything is cheaper) with hubby's brother looking for a small outdoor paint -nope
    -then we went to lens mill store-awesome finds there
    (1) 2 pack dish cloths 1.49 -I paid 1.99 in walmart for one -hate the new microfiber dish cloths
    (1) pair of fuzzy socks on for .49 -don't fit me as I have size 9 feet -so will give to someone else
    (1) pair of beige pillowcases 4.99 so soft must be high thread count it doesn't say on pkg
    -had to hurry as our hubby's were out by the cars -my sister-in-law got 6 tea towels for 4.99 (really nice thick ones too)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Well I must say I was shocked yesterday Mom said she thought she was going to stay home as there is too much to get done around the around. She wants to defrost our stand up freezer this week which kind of surprises me as she will have to do it alone as I will be at work but hey it needs to be done so I won't fight it.

Did not get as much done yesterday as I would have liked, I feel asleep in the afternoon which is totally not me, I usually only nap when I am sick and even then I have to be REALLY sick to nap. But with Mom staying home there are a lot of small things we can get done at night and hopefully if we get a little bit done it will help. As I mentioned this week is all over the place I am working out of another location tomorrow so their branch manager can attend our Sales Meeting so I will be working with his staff for the day. Wednesday I now have a meeting I have to attend regarding my specialty customers to get everyone on the same page so I will be away for a few hours there, plus either Thursday or Friday will meet with the leadership coach. I also remembered over the weekend I need to see the doc this week so I will call at 9 to book an appointment. So it is going to be a fun week. Hoping with all of this going on it will be a quick week and before I know it the weekend will be here.

Have a great day everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Going to be a scorcher this week, so I will do some much needed organizing in our basement. Go through Jayden's closet and bring the things he doesn't like or fit to the consignment store. I will work a few hours this week, just a couple of hours a day.Just enough to keep me busy!! I have a doctors a appointment today so hopefully will find out when i go back to Calgary to the neurologist.
    The Saskatoon berries are ripe so I will pick some to make some pancake syrup, maybe some for a pie too. That is about all I have planned but I know I should make a list and get a few more things accomplished. We are renovating our bathroom and I need to pick out tile etc, but I want my daughter to come with me to help with colour etc.I always second guess my choices!!
    Have a wonderful day everyone, can't wait for the new Jays series to start tomorrow, loving the games.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

TG-How frustrating! Hopefully the computers will be back up soon and you can hear what followup you need.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Just got back from my doctor's appointment...computers were down so she couldn't read the recommendation form the intern that saw me four months ago. This is getting really old.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

TG-How frustrating! Hopefully the computers will be back up soon and you can hear what followup you need.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This weekend, our family took a trip to the plant nursery to see the end of season sales. I had my heart set on a new Peace rose that was drowned by our neighbour's fountain years ago. DH narrowed my options down to three and LO chose the final plant. While LO was asleep, DH dug the hole and it's raining quite hard today. My rose will get a good watering.

The rose was 50% off and it was quite a large plant. It was much larger than the canes sold at Walmart. Hopefully that gives it a better chance of surviving me, a notorious black thumb. If not, I got to use my store credit (from the wrong plant they sold me one year, which was a gift) as well as some loyalty dollars from previous years.

I made DH get it for me instead of buying me cut flowers. This one may have a chance at producing more!

LO loved going through the fruit trees and looking at all the fruit. I was so tempted by the apple tree that had four different varieties growing on it. We would have no room in our small yard though.

I'm just thrilled that I got a good deal on a wonderful plant! The last time the nursery had a 50% off sale on roses was in 2009.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Just got back from my doctor's appointment...computers were down so she couldn't read the recommendation form the intern that saw me four months ago. This is getting really old.
    how frustrating, I sure hope they will call when there computers are back up and running, fingers crossed you hear from them soon
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow great deal on the plant sale and lo picking out one.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So spoke with the bank and because are remaining amortization is 4.5 years we would have to go with a 4 year mortgage not a 5 year AND if I wait until Mid April 2016 (6 month early renewal without penalty) we will then have to take a 3 year mortgage vs. a 4 year mortgage. Any advice folks would be appreciated our current rate is 3.89% with 1 year 2 months left, new rate would be 2.69% with $846 in penalties. My balance as of today is $42,773.72 before the penalty. I am kinda of hoping to rate until September if I early renew incase the bank of Canada lowers the rate again

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

because of someone posting about their CO51 Tostitos claim I remembered I too had purchased that! Uploaded receipt and my $1.00 was approved almost instantly, not like my most recent Snap aggravation. ha ha Getting closer to my $20.00 cash out with CO51!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@walkonby great savings it all adds up quite quickly

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well my nieghbour who doesn't work like me -I chat the odd time with her wanted me to go to bingo with her -well I am not a gambler -but I went last year with her and we have a 5.00 cpn off the price (plus she told me she has been crying a lot she thinks she deals with depression -she is gonna see her family doctor
    -plus it brings back memories of taking my mom-my mom even had a bingo pin I might put on -may bring me luck
    -so just went to shoppers and bought a bag of maynard candy and got my 600 points for it -to snack on at bingo

-did give myself a pedicure today -had foot scrub and foot lotion - nice grey nail polish I thought but came out light purple my feet -saved myself a bundle there by doing it myself -will do my nails on Wednesday (so excited for this wedding coming up)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Congratulations on the peace rose Sweet Sparrow, my mother grew them and they are a one of my favourite. We just can't grow them here in Alberta, however we are getting more choices as there is an Explorer series with some beautiful roses that are hardy for our weather here!
    Doctor called me back, the vascular surgeon has requested another ct scan and a some type of ultrasound on my arm. My blood pressure is 78/58 in one arm and 120/80 in the other (with bp medication), and no one seems to be able to figure it out.It is frustrating because the BP medication makes me so dizzy It is hard to do things like bend over or lift, I get dizzy immediately.

Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information